It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Cancer caused by modern man? Was it virtually non-existent in the ancient world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Researchers looking at almost a thousand mummies from ancient Egypt and South America found only a handful suffered from cancer when now it accounts for nearly one in three deaths.

The findings suggest that it is modern lifestyles and pollution levels caused by industry that are the main cause of the disease and that it is not a naturally occurring condition.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

This link sends you to the article. What does ATS think of the matter? I know they have found cancer back in the anceint world, but hardly any of it. Could it be EM radiation be the source? Pollution levels? Smoking? Drinking? Or is it that our life expectancy has rose since the anceint world so it is more prevalent? What do you think ATS?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
there was prob very little radiation back then, prob only from sun ect.

now over 2000 nuclear bombs exploded later i would think it is caused from man yes!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Cancer was seldom an issue until they exploded the Trinity device. Suddenly people were getting skin cancer and lung cancer as the fallout was contacted via touch or breathing. Rather than own it, our government went into a campaign to make it seem normal, blaming the sun (our source of energy) and smoking tobacco (something the honest research has not shown, in over 50 years of tests using pure tobacco, to cause cancer in the least).

So, yeah. Cancer is as modern as it gets.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'll agree on radiation, but, I don't believe that it is from atomic testing. Look at how the amount of Electromagnetic Radiation has increased. Television, radio, cell phones, microwave ovens, radar, and other sources. All it takes is the nucleus of one cell to get hit by a stray wave in the right place, causing that cell to mutate and there you go.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
My theory is all the chemicals in our air, food and water, and all the radiation that is all around us, makes our bodies less able to fight off cancer.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I personally think the search button on the top right corner of the page works pretty well.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
No, cancer itself is of course not a 'modern' man-made disease, you just said it yourself that a few of the mummies were found to have had cancer. However, the unhealthiness of what we eat, what we spray the skies with, the pollutants and chemicals in our drinking water and edibles, the increased amount of pollution in the air, the increased laziness and non-activity from massive technological progresses... and the list goes on and on.

I mean look at diabetes, not many people had it in the past either, but now entire third world countries have diabetes due to coca-cola and pepsi having figured out that they both can have as many monopolies that they want and not compete since there are so many 3rd world countries just waiting to be taken over by the big drink industry.

So basically ,it boils down to our choices that are hurting us in the long run. Stop with the pollution, the current style of unhealthy eating, lack of exercise, chemtrails or whatever it is that the government is consistently spraying the skies with(That I have seen myself many times), and safer food and water.

Too late for that now, of course, we're too far ahead of ourselves to stop now.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
And simply put, look at how the human population has tripled in the past hundred years, that's another big cause. The more people, the bigger percent the disease effects.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I would have thought that before modern medicine most people dropped dead from other disease way before they could develop cancer.
You don't have time to get cancer at 60 if you die at 22 from an infection

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
William One Sac, thought it was. And I believe posted about how he thought they injected him with it...

new topics

top topics

join