It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I've done a search and didn't find anything so if this has been here, please remove.

I found this photo and wondered what you guys thought,

The photo and story originally appeared in the People’s Daily, which serves as the official newspaper for the Communist Party in China. It stated that the snake was one of two that were awakened by local workers digging up huge mounds of earth in preparation for a new road that was to cut through the forest that lay just outside of Gupiing city in the Chinese province of Jiangxi.

SOURCE

I know the government of China deemed it a hoax, but 55 ft isn't that far fetched to me.

Here's a link to another story of a 49 ft Reticulated python, and thats only about 6 ft difference.

SOURCE

I have no doubt that bigger snakes exist, just wanted some opinions on this photo or any interesting stuff on giant snakes that you guys have

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Speaking as someone who is a giant p*ssy when it comes to snakes I sincerely hope it is not true. Even Ice Cube would give pause before calling that thing a b*tch.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
wow that thing is HUGE
How did they come to the conclusion that it was a hoax??? looks pretty real to me.
I would hate to come across something like that...i too would probably die from a heart attack lol

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
wow that thing is HUGE
How did they come to the conclusion that it was a hoax??? looks pretty real to me.
I would hate to come across something like that...i too would probably die from a heart attack lol

I'm not sure, i couldn't find anymore info. just that the chinese government deemed it a hoax.

I'm no photoshop expert or anything but i really didn't notice anything "odd" or out of place like in some photoshop photos. If it's fake they done a great job.

Personally i think it's real, i believe there are snakes ALOT bigger thats undiscovered

thanks for the replies

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

These are both true. I saw each picture on a crypto site. After seeing them I did some research on both.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It looks like forced perspective to me, where the snake is actually much closer to the camera than it looks in the pic, making it look bigger. Similar to some of the camera tricks used when filming The Lord of the Rings.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would say the photos are real; it is likely that the information that goes with the photo however is not.

Photos can look strange in the right perspectives. I hope they are real I have always found the idea of really large snakes intriguing. As I said though I think the photos are real, the information that comes with them though is what should be suspect in both cases.

Raist

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

The first photo has been taken in such a way as to make the snake seem bigger than what it is. I'd say this snake is no more than 20 ft. That is the one in the first photo. The snake in the that photo is much closer to the camera than the people making it seem HUGE. Look at the size of the Bucket on the backhoe vs. the size of the backhoe itself. Case Closed.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Kool, I collect retic's, c.atrox's, and hot arachnids
I have pic's if any 1 wants to see?

but a retic reaches 30-31 feet, making it the "longest" snake in the world...which is why i like them, plus they come in kool color morphs but i like the normal phase better

My Purple albino tiger retic is my baby thoug

[edit] I've seen that photo in my local herp shop, you cant realy make a size on the snake threw the photo
edit on 20-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
just my opinion - based on me knowing more about 360 degree excavators than snakes or photoshop

assuming that the pic is genuine - i would estimate that the snake is actually abot 20 feet long

new topics

top topics

join