It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does everyone think it the world would be like without laws?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
heres a question for you: as a kid, and all the drinking rules and driving age and stuff like that in affect, what would the world be like without those rules? dont you think that we could drink legaly, but if something bad happens, then get blamed? not before we do? are we not already acused of a bunch of bull already?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Personally I think the world needs laws. The vast majority of people do not commit crimes because they are afraid of getting caught and facing the consequneces and not because of some moral aversion.

Without rules the world would be chaos.

As for drinking, I think that 19 is the best age to allow people to start drinking. I think that 21 is too old. Kids younger then 19 should not be able to drink legally. They get in enough trouble as it is and they lack responsibility.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If we had decent education, we wouldn't need half the laws we have now. If people were brought up from the cradle to respect each other, we would only need laws designed to curb those unable to understand the above concept (psychopaths, sociopaths etc).

If everyone realised that everyone is worth something, people would pull together rather than living in the Reagon/Thatcher era's 'I'm alright, Jack' world.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is something I have pondered over for a long time. And this is what I came up with.

There would be mass chaos at the start, and it may last for years. But patterns would form and all would be calm. It is just the way everything is.

Out of chaos patterns will form. All we are, is a pattern out of chaos of the universe all things had to happen for us to be here.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
This is something I have pondered over for a long time. And this is what I came up with.

There would be mass chaos at the start, and it may last for years. But patterns would form and all would be calm. It is just the way everything is.

Out of chaos patterns will form. All we are, is a pattern out of chaos of the universe all things had to happen for us to be here.

From out of the chaos, patterns would form, such as rules for how people should conduct themselves. And then if these rules weren't followed there would have to be some sort of punishments to enforce them. Oh wait, looks like we are back to having laws again.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
such as rules for how people should conduct themselves. And then if these rules weren't followed there would have to be some sort of punishments to enforce them. Oh wait, looks like we are back to having laws again.

I never said anything about rules. People would come to realize the way to live there would be no need for rules.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
such as rules for how people should conduct themselves. And then if these rules weren't followed there would have to be some sort of punishments to enforce them. Oh wait, looks like we are back to having laws again.

I never said anything about rules. People would come to realize the way to live there would be no need for rules.

I dunno about there being no need for rules. People today have rules and they have real consequences, yet they still break the law. How many more would break the law(by this I mean doing the things we considereing breaking the law today) if there were no rules.

Are you saying that without laws that people like Jeffrey Dahmer wouldn't be murderers, or are you just saying that we would just simply let him go on murdering because we wouldn't want to impose any rules on him.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It is what it is......No matter the what there are going to be people like that with laws or not. Aparently laws are not enough to stop people from doing this. You dont know who is going to be the next to be like him. Laws are imposed after the fact.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   

It is what it is......No matter the what there are going to be people like that with laws or not. Aparently laws are not enough to stop people from doing this. You dont know who is going to be the next to be like him. Laws are imposed after the fact.

Laws may not stop people like Dahmer from killing people, but once he is caught they prevent him from being returned to the street and killing more people. If you don't think laws prevent people from being murdered then you are deluded.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
And that is YOUR opioion. Law do not stop crimes from happening.

Again laws are for punishment. Maybe we should have killers lose the world is over populated anyway.

What happens if the deer population is over? We kill them. Death is over rated.

With anything there is death. Any kind of animal, insect, plant. And in every there are murders.

[edit on 29-6-2004 by SpittinCobra]

new topics

top topics

join