It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 20th Prediction Regarding TSHTF

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
Wasnt there some prediction here on ATS about the 20th October being the day the US financial system collapses or something similar?

Yeah but the same guy also predicted this:

There is one other 'point' which will occur in the next two weeks also which will make headlines across the world and I point directly at India and the commonwealth games. The Iranians will most likely be blamed for assisting in some method which is entirely false.

Nothing happened on commonwealth games. Another false prediction.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I can only say this thing:

Nobody of you should say " Nothing is going to happen " because when you say that, you are making another prediction based on your personal beliefs.
Don't try to rise your economy book or science book when the real thing is that YOU believe nothing is going to happen.

Economy was also stable and okay in mid- October 1929. Never seen " Le ultime parole famose ? "

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't really understand why people replie this way.
This is off topic if you can notice.
Why don't you try to explain what may happen in the near future, in economy, instead of describing your life?
That was never required writing in this thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
what about the time wave zero prodiction? is that sopose to start october 20th? i forget.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The only fairly interesting thing in American economics that has happened in the past few days is the announcement from Geithner that he will not devalue the dollar. The rising dollar has started to make people rethink investment in gold, which is good because the price of gold is turning quickly into a bubble.

As for international politics that could cause a crash, the Supreme Leader of Iran Khamenei, is in Qom today to try to rally the people, a rare even and a major sign that the leadership in that country is feeling their control slipping seriously. North Korea is signaling that they may return to 6-Party talks once their transition of power is finished as well. At least this week it seems that international events are looking up.

The stronger dollar has put the pound sterling and euro a bit on the defensive this week, but overall it is a sign that the US is regaining control of their economic system. If there is a major crash coming tomorrow as this predictor prognosticates there aren't any signs of it today at all.

In fact the only things that seem really odd and ominous in the US this week have been the gunshots at the Pentagon and Marines Museum, as well as the bomb threat at the Wisconsin State Capital. However these events are breaking right now and there's not really a lot of info on either yet.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Our Father
Who art in heaven
Let the S4!7 hit the fan! Please!!

I want so badly for the current system to collapse.
I liken what's happening to a computer restarting. America: The Reboot. Like shutting down with Vista and waking up with 7. The Phoenix rising from the ashes. Make sense?

What if... just what if we wake up tomorrow and the "news" is going crazy? Like waking up on 911. 'Member that? I remember waking up on 911.

Will I remember waking up on October 20th? I sure hope to God I will. It's got to happen sometime. Now would be good.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

NO! Don't get confused with what other people tell, Timewave Zero dip comes on OCTOBER 21- 22 2010...
So, this is NOT a Timewave Zero prediction.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I thought this could be a relevant factor:

China sent financial markets into turmoil after it increased its benchmark interest rate by 25 basis points with effect from tomorrow.

The move to raise rates by a quarter percentage point was flagged by the Chinese authorities as an internal signal to property developers that rampant house price inflation was intolerable and would be controlled by the Beijing government.

However, the rise was seen more widely as appeasing US policymakers, who have called for China to increase the value of its currency.

The IMF warned earlier this month that the world economy was threatened by attempts to artificially depress currency values. China has long been accused by the US administration of maintaining low interest rates to keep the value of its currency low and exports cheap

The IMF warned earlier this month that the world economy was threatened by attempts to artificially depress currency values. China has long been accused by the US administration of maintaining low interest rates to keep the value of its currency low and exports cheap.

www.guardian.co.uk...

I'm not sure how big of a deal this is, but it seems to be making waves.
This event has apparently strengthened the dollar, for now, but has other effects globally.

spec

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Yep, Geithner ensured the fed would not devalue the dollar, so Gold is tanking right now and SPY Flash Crashes 10% In Minutes: NYSE Cancels $500 Million Worth Of Trades today. (From Vitchilo's post)

And with the third quarter earnings set to be released tomorrow, who knows?

edit on 19-10-2010 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Dow -200 right now

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
They tanked $19.50? What does that mean?

It means that the stock lost $19.50 in value per share. However, a loss of $19.50 at AAPL's current price over $300 a share doesn't mean much, as that only represents of a fall in price about 6% or so.. Such a correction would be normal, especially given that Apple has a price-per-earnings (P/E) ratio in the 20s (high compared to most of their closest competitors). This last bit means that their stock is probably a bit overpriced. Furthermore, the rest of the market has been falling as well, at a similar rate.

IOW, Mr. Poopra is, IMHO, overreacting to this normal market correction to Apple's relatively high share price. Positive earnings announcements do not necessarily correlate with an increase price; you have to take market conditions and other data into account as well.

edit on 19-10-2010 by markfelt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Blossom Goodchild made another one for that date

thefederationoflight.ning.com...

Dig in !!!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
Blossom Goodchild made another one for that date

thefederationoflight.ning.com...

Dig in !!!

Read the comments on that page, It's not her making the prediction.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

Oh, sorry...I did not think it was worth the read, anyways LMAO

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

The issues the US and China are having in the currency valuation department isn't really that big a deal for them. What it really comes down to is that the Chinese are pissed the US is not buying as much of their stuff as usual and the US is pissed at China for being able to make things a lot cheaper than they can.

If it causes a currency war, which would probably still be months away, the real looser will be Europe, particularly the Euro which would be rather sidelined by the whole thing and could loose some value in the short term. The Pound Stirling is already a little shakier than usual because of the austerity plans coming in, but we'll be just fine in 5 years or so once our system is sorted out and we have a bit of a devaluation.

The US Dollar can easily go toe-to-toe with the Chinese Yuan because it's consumption versus production in the end, and there cannot be a tariff war thanks to the most-favored-nation trade status.

China is a little freaked because they think there might be a bubble building in their economy, so they are trying to hold back the throttle, and the US economy is just starting to idle after refusing to turn over since 2008. It'd be in the interest of each nation if the other revalued their currency, not in the interest of either country to revalue their own though, but if neither do anything it'll be just fine.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DLay2012
Our Father
Who art in heaven
Let the S4!7 hit the fan! Please!!

I want so badly for the current system to collapse.
I liken what's happening to a computer restarting. America: The Reboot. Like shutting down with Vista and waking up with 7. The Phoenix rising from the ashes. Make sense?

What if... just what if we wake up tomorrow and the "news" is going crazy? Like waking up on 911. 'Member that? I remember waking up on 911.

Will I remember waking up on October 20th? I sure hope to God I will. It's got to happen sometime. Now would be good.

See we tried this in Europe several times, it usually doesn't end well.

Remember Rome? Restarting that as Byzantium didn't quite work out well for everything west of Greece, and we got the Dark Ages.

France decided to decapitate their monarchy, and got years of absolute insanity followed by Napoleon's dictatorship.

England decided to have a civil war, execute Charles I, and that ended in insanity too.

Russia offed the Tsar and got the Soviet Union.

Worst of all, we all know what happened when the Wiemar Republic was "rebooted" as Nazi Germany.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
heres a prediction i found for the 20th, it wa posted on ats before but i cant seem to pull it up

but heres a u tube link:
www.youtube.com...

if any one can help shed some light on this for me, I would be thankfull

edit on 19-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: Type O

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Heres a quote from an ats member, this is all i can pull, the link aint working for me

:quote: I searched for green fireball on google, this is what i got. .... the next green comet is due to fly by October 20, 2010 - Close Encounter .... Also, alot of people are associating this 'fireball prediction' to the up ... :quote:

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread619185/pg12
edit on 19-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I have the same recollection, rajaten...along with that of another prediction involving that mysterious oncoming glowing, green meteor (or whatever it is supposed to actually be) hurtling towards us being first reported in the major networks on october 20th. Apparently, this is something which was originally 'lauched' for some unknown purpose and it will subsequently become a harbinger of 'things to come'. Are we all not also supposed to remain indoors for a period three days after this first sighting on the 20th.?...or perhaps I have confused my memories of the plethora of other's confusing prophecies. If so, I apologize.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How many people thinking the same thought do you think it takes to manifest said thought? How many people are thinking something crazy is going to happen tomorrow? Are there enough people thinking "Oct. 20" to manifest an Oct. 20? Hmmm. Curious.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join