It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we've all disappeared!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
here's a great article from the nypress. ----see yourself? no? you've disappeared either way.(click me) think about it.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Actually, the entire of subgenius is like a mobius strip. In actuality, 1998 hasn't come yet, but then again, it has come to pass. I used to be so confused by the whole concept... kinda like trying to find a hard definition of FNORD. Then one day it all hit me... err, I 'hit the wall', lol... and everything that never made sense did (that includes quantum theories).

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
Actually, the entire of subgenius is like a mobius strip. In actuality, 1998 hasn't come yet, but then again, it has come to pass. I used to be so confused by the whole concept... kinda like trying to find a hard definition of FNORD. Then one day it all hit me... err, I 'hit the wall', lol... and everything that never made sense did (that includes quantum theories).

the nypress article describes the ineffectiveness of mass protest in our present society. the opening line, 'hey *iceholes*, the sixties are over' sums it up nicely. ou realisation that we are a quantum probability does not negate cause and effect or logic.
funnily enough, it was Bob Dobbs that linked me to the article.
braise 'bob'.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
this election is a PERFECT example of us disappearing. it's even better now then when a few acedemics(yes, ACEdemics) first realised we had all disappeared. the government has disappeared as well.
it is time for the rebirth of the individual. in the cycles of cycles, people have become extremely polarised. it's interesting to see how strongly some identify with 'their' party. downright nasty. if you don't think it's someone's right to have an abortion, then you must also support the war in iraq. if you are pro-choice, you are automatically against the war. this is not true, yet people behave as if it were.
this is a result of programming.
people see thousands of bytes of text everyday, on billboards, signs, packaging, TV, newspapaers, bumper stickers, magazine racks, t-shirts, appliances, etc, ...not to mention what people actually seek out themselves. this constant flow of ideas and imformation from the outer sanctum settles slowly through osmosis, down through personal bias filters into the inner sanctum. the ideas are then seen as one's own ideas, when in fact, they are for the most part, replays of the composite media ground.

so, ....
we've all disappeared.
the government has disappeared.
and the media has disappeared.

what's left? i asked bob.

BOB: ............."subatomic and supercivilized" (McLuhan, 1955) is our game.

<< 1   >>

join