It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Effects of Lighting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Lighting is very important to us. It helps us see. But it does a lot more. Let me explain...

The most obvious example I can think of is how varying lightings within houses and such can change our appearance. Have you ever looked at yourself under certain lighting, and you thought you looked super gorgeous, but then under harsher lighting you don't hold up quite as well? It affects all of us, even the most attractive people you can think of. It is why Hollywood uses certain kinds of lighting, to bring out the best features of a person.

Lighting can also set the mood of a room. I was in my friend's dorm room once, and we were hanging out with a group of people. The fluorescent default lights of the room were on, and it felt harsh and bright to all of us. My friend decided to turn on her lamp instead, and turn off the nasty fluorescent lights. When the new, lower lighting was in place, we all felt much more at ease, and the energy of the room instantly changed to a more mellow mood.

Next up, we have the color of lighting and how it affects us. I went to this cool presentation in which the presenter told us to close our eyes and she would cycle through different colored light bulbs and see if we could determine what each one was. Surprisingly enough, most of us in the audience matched up the colors exactly to what they really were. It was a really interesting exercise. It showed how different colors of lighting change the mood and vibe of the room. Cool yeah?

I felt like sharing this. I find it to be intriguing. Please share your thoughts if you want.

-SES

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ah, I just thought of something more. Natural Sunlight and how that changes as the day progresses.

Have you ever been able to roughly tell what time it is based on the lighting outside? I have been getting very good at it. One of my favorite times of day is right as the sun is going down and everything gets that awesome beautiful orange tint to it. Beautiful.

-SES

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Good stuff SES...

Natural Sunlight and how that changes as the day progresses.

Agreed - and I'm very aware of the 'time of day' you speak about...tops IMO.

Also, I noticed every time I go from the inside of house, building, ect., into sunlight, I start to sneeze...I'm not kidding.

Must be some type of chlorophyll reaction...

edit on 19-10-2010 by facelift because: once again...grammar

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Oh how could I forget!! Have you ever noticed the effect lighting has on animals?

Where I live, there are these tiny frogs called Coqui frogs, and they go absolutely insane right when the sun goes down. Their mating calls are extremely loud and they are most active right when nightfall hits. That is the best example I cant think of.

Day and Night affects me as well. I am definitely a Night owl. Night feels nice and cozy to me. Some people might say darkness is scary, but I find it comforting in a way.

-SES

top topics

join