It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militants seize Chechen parliament, take hostages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Militants seize Chechen parliament, take hostages

Militants seized the parliament building in Russia's Caucasus region of Chechnya on Tuesday, taking hostages, a local interior ministry official told AFP.

"The parliament building has been seized and hostages taken," said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The official said an unspecified number of guards at the parliament had been killed and an aide to the speaker had been wounded.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-10-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Just breaking news....

Hopefully no more people die from this, but if they've taken hostages... chechen militants are pretty hardcore...

At least two dead as terrorists attack Chechen parliament

It seems an operation is underway...

The source said that parliament has been evacuated and a special operation, headed by Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, is underway to flush out the militants.

Hopefully they can rescue the hostage safely.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That's it, I'm moving to Chechnya. All the cool stuff happens there.

On an even lighter note, they say "Militants seize parliament". Who else do they expect will seize parliament, "pacifists"?
And when is any government not controlled by militants? I mean, really?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

chechen militants are pretty hardcore...

You're correct.

Remember the school they took over and raped the girls before killing most of them?

These guys are not only extremist Muslims, but Russians too. Scary.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Time to shut down the internet!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

Originally posted by Vitchilo

chechen militants are pretty hardcore...

Remember the school they took over and raped the girls before killing most of them?

The millitants raped the girls before they killed them?

You got any sourcess to prove this?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I wonder who will kill more hostages, the freedomfighters/terrorist/jihadi/brownfolk/insurgents who took the hostages or the SpetNaz who will probably be storming the building soon.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
I wonder who will kill more hostages, the freedomfighters/terrorist/jihadi/brownfolk/insurgents who took the hostages or the SpetNaz who will probably be storming the building soon.

Reminded of the the theatre siege where the poisonous gas killed more 100 civillians.Russians are like bulldozers crushing through everything.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'm sure there is CIA money behind this, Chechnya has always been part of Russia, and if it wasn't for the Oil Infrastructure there, there would be no separatist movement.

Sick of all this fighting over oil.

edit on 19/10/10 by ghostsoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
All dead ,that was a quick one!
www.google.com...
All militants in Chechen parliament raid killed
(AFP) – 1 hour ago
MOSCOW — All the militants who stormed the parliament building in Chechnya Tuesday have been killed, an official said

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Quick indeed, the Chechnyans probably didn't know about the hatch-door.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by 12voltz

Quick indeed, the Chechnyans probably didn't know about the hatch-door.

Anyway i thought the kremlin declared victory against these seperatists in chechnya?

Russia also tries to link these millitants with al qaeda, but US doesn't seem to give a s**t about 'chechyan al-qaeda'.:lol

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
this attack could not have been what was warned of all across Europe...

the scuttlebutt is that there has been increased chatter of an AQ attack
on perhaps Germany, England or France...and that this current background chatter
approaches the levels immediately before 911.

The Chechnyan Parliment building may be more than the precurser event
it may be the model

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The gunmen may have joined a convoy of vehicles taking MP's to work and waltzed right in...

They have balls I'll give them that!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu

Anyway i thought the kremlin declared victory against these seperatists in chechnya?

Russia also tries to link these millitants with al qaeda, but US doesn't seem to give a s**t about 'chechyan al-qaeda'.:lol

Probably because of chechyan al-qaeda is linked the same to the russian government as USAl-qaeda is to the US government.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Do you think the same thing could be done in London?

I mean 'Embassy's' have been seized before... before ourSAS got in there and showed the terrorists not to mess.

I think it's possible although we do have top security.... we also have a lot of Radicals here at the mo who are most likely thinking about this type of hostage situation.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yeah it’s very possible, an attack using firearms would be catastrophic until the gunmen are eventually cut down. Their people are already here just waiting for the go, so the security services are on edge. If it wasn’t for the terror alerts then it might have been carried out by now.

I think they’re smart enough to know that they’re not going to get anything from taking hostages here, it isn’t as if we’re going to let them go in return for the hostages. Two of the terrorists in the IES threw their guns and were frantically waving a white flag from out of the window and it had no effect.

top topics

join