It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharp quake rattles New Zealand city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
An earthquake in new zealand. WELLINGTON, New Zealand – An earthquake rattled the southern New Zealand city of Christchurch on Tuesday, cutting power and phone service and sending some residents running into the streets just weeks after a more powerful quake caused extensive damage.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This isn't a conspiracy, it's nature and it's news.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Yeah just heard that they had the biggest aftershock they've had since the big major quake.
As if the people in canterbury weren't going through enough already, now another one.
I'm glad we don't get quakes up here, the fault-line passes past us.
If anyone from the canterbury region is reading this, My heart goes out to you.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

This isn't a conspiracy, it's nature and it's news.

Indeed, so I moved it to Fragile Earth.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Hi there,

they just passed a new law in relation to the previous quake...

www.wsws.org...

New Zealand government uses earthquake to enact sweeping new powers By Tom Peters 13 October 2010 New Zealand’s parliament voted unanimously last month to pass the Canterbury Earthquake Response and Recovery Act (CERRA), which gives government ministers the power to override almost any law in the country’s statute books. The conservative National Party government pushed through the legislation in a single evening, with the full support of the Maori Party, the opposition Labour Party and the Green Party.

the consp theorist in me says strange....however it does seem practical.

snoopyuk
edit on 19-10-2010 by snoopyuk because: source

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Yeah I'm not a giant fan of that particular bit of legislation. As I understand it, though, it's only for a set amount of time once they "activate" the law. It's not a *huge* deal but I'm not happy with the way it's worded.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I read this on the 2010 Earthquake thread yesterday. It appears there was a lot of panic. With the current sun activity I have been concerned about stronger earthquakes. Some think there is a connection - I am not sure - just thought I would put this out there.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
We're still rocking and rolling here... my house is creaking like mad this morning and the 4.5 woke me up...

The talk of sun/moon is nonsense - even our resident Moon Man who swears he can predict earthquakes is getting it wrong (the only time he's "noticed" is if he guesses lucky).

Once you've been through something like this you realise just how damaging and ridiculous all these sun/moon theories are.

And as for a conspiracy??? Get real folks..

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Exactly

It's way more a consequence of living on the 'shaky isles' than any sort of conspiracy.

top topics

join