It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Quayle's son losing race in long held GOP district

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Another tea party darling tanking.

Ben Quayle, son of former VP Dan Quayle, thought he could carpetbag to AZ to grab a quick congressional seat. But, he forgot that his past as "Brock Landers", a pseydonymn he used in writing for "The Dirty", where he detailed partying under the influence of ecstacy, and blogged weekly about "Scottsdale's hottest sluts".

And now he's losing a long-held GOP district to a political newcomer in Democrat John Hulburd:
Poll

Watching these fools tank is hilarious!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm sorry, are we supposed to be upset? Is someone holding Dan Quayle up as the poster child of something?

R's don't want lying, thieving, cheating, misogynistic members in their ranks.

Perhaps you're thinking of D's, as they are the ones to circle the wagons when their friends get caught.

Like: Charlie Rangel, Chris Dodd, Maxine Waters, Barney Frank, Eric Massa, etc.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Califemme because: spell check

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Califemme
I'm sorry, are we supposed to be upset? Is someone holding Dan Quayle up as the poster child of something?

The Tea Party is, didn't you see?

R's don't want lying

Sharon Angle says headless bodies found in the desert before apologizing for making it up.

thieving

Christine O'Donnell gets caught stealing from campaign funds and lying about her education but loses little support from the Rs

cheating, misogynistic

Palladino just met his bastard child from the mistress he cheated on his wife with. You know, Carl, the one who emailed the beastiality videos around and the email making the first lady into a prostitute.

members in their ranks.

Perhaps you're thinking of D's, as they are the ones to circle the wagons when their friends get caught.

Perhaps you are thinking of politicians. No one has clean hands in Washington and pretending one side is better by ignore their foibles and concentrating on those of the opposition only guarantess that we will always have criminals of one persuasion or the other in office and I am pretty sure that suits ALL OF THEM just fine.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
How exciting, the party of poop might take a seat from the party of crap.

Sigh.. when will the masses finally wake up to the insanity and national decay that results from recycling failures & liars? Wipe your republican after taking a democrat.. then flush..
edit on 19-10-2010 by govtflu because: bad paste

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

The Tea Party is, didn't you see?

R's don't want lying

Sharon Angle says headless bodies found in the desert before apologizing for making it up.

thieving

Christine O'Donnell gets caught stealing from campaign funds and lying about her education but loses little support from the Rs

cheating, misogynistic

Palladino just met his bastard child from the mistress he cheated on his wife with. You know, Carl, the one who emailed the beastiality videos around and the email making the first lady into a prostitute.

members in their ranks.

Perhaps you are thinking of politicians. No one has clean hands in Washington and pretending one side is better by ignore their foibles and concentrating on those of the opposition only guarantess that we will always have criminals of one persuasion or the other in office and I am pretty sure that suits ALL OF THEM just fine.

So? I agree with the TEA party principles, does that mean I should support Dan Quayle? Because some TEA party somewhere does?

And it was Jan Brewer who said anything about "headless bodies in the desert" so you really should take care when you belittle others, it makes you look silly if you don't get your facts straight.

Now as for Paladino... John Edwards anyone?

Like I said earlier, all lying, cheating, thieving, misogynistic bums can, and will be, shown the door. I am not so concerned about Paladino's dilemma, I leave that for the people of New York to decide.

And you want to complain because Christine O'Donnell paid some (or all, I have no idea) of her rent out of her campaign funds? If (and it's a big IF) she did something wrong, the people of Delaware will repudiate her. It's their decision, not yours.
edit on 21-10-2010 by Califemme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

So? I agree with the TEA party principles, does that mean I should support Dan Quayle? Because some TEA party somewhere does?

Are you saying that Quayles does not agree with the Tea Party principles or that you all have a different set of principles depending on the circumstance? I do not recall telling you you should support anyone at all. I answered a question and responded to the odd things you said about not wanting something that describes exactly who the Tea Party and its principles stand behind.

And it was Jan Brewer who said anything about "headless bodies in the desert" so you really should take care when you belittle others, it makes you look silly if you don't get your facts straight.

Shucks thanks for correcting that. I cannot imagine how I got one lying TP candidate mixed up with another lying TP candidate. You would think there are so many it is easy to get confused.

How does Edwards fit in? You said "we" as in the TP do not want cheating mysoginists. Edwards is not a TP candidate while Palladino is. Do you understand why I would then question how the TP can claim to have those values while at the same time supporting Palladino? Were they supporting Edwards, I would ask that about their support of him but they are not, are they? I am pretty sure he is not running for office right now.

Like I said earlier, all lying, cheating, thieving, misogynistic bums can, and will be, shown the door. I am not so concerned about Paladino's dilemma, I leave that for the people of New York to decide.

Ah, so the TP only needs to stick to its principles in your state? I get it.

And you want to complain because Christine O'Donnell paid some (or all, I have no idea) of her rent out of her campaign funds? If (and it's a big IF) she did something wrong, the people of Delaware will repudiate her. It's their decision, not yours.

Not exactly. Unlike Palladino, O'Donnell is running for Senate. That makes her my problem.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
Are you saying that Quayles does not agree with the Tea Party principles or that you all have a different set of principles depending on the circumstance? I do not recall telling you you should support anyone at all. I answered a question and responded to the odd things you said about not wanting something that describes exactly who the Tea Party and its principles stand behind.

Shucks thanks for correcting that. I cannot imagine how I got one lying TP candidate mixed up with another lying TP candidate. You would think there are so many it is easy to get confused.

How does Edwards fit in? You said "we" as in the TP do not want cheating mysoginists. Edwards is not a TP candidate while Palladino is. Do you understand why I would then question how the TP can claim to have those values while at the same time supporting Palladino? Were they supporting Edwards, I would ask that about their support of him but they are not, are they? I am pretty sure he is not running for office right now.

Ah, so the TP only needs to stick to its principles in your state? I get it.

Not exactly. Unlike Palladino, O'Donnell is running for Senate. That makes her my problem.

Perhaps you are unclear that the TEA Party stands for Taxed Enough Already. I believe that means regular Americans are trying to make sure that the people who are elected to Congress represent the people, not special interests or parties. These patriots got fed up with all the bailouts and freebies provided by the government, paid for by the working people.

There are Tea Party people of all stripes, so you are the one painting a whole movement with a broad brush.

Jan Brewer, by the way was a liberal Republican (aka RiNO), who probably would have been invisible had it not been for the Federal government filing the Illegal Immigration lawsuit. Not sure where you get the idea that Jan's a TEA partier, but then again... oh, nevermind.

As for the Paladino thing, I said R's, you took it to mean TEA partiers. When I used the "we", it was to reference the American populace as a whole. I have no idea what the people in NY feel about Paladino's infidelity, after all, it was Spitzer who was booted from office for his prostitution use, and then his Lt Gov who has been accused of cheating on his wife too. So for all I know, perhaps NYers are comfortable with a man who acknowledges his illegitimate daughter.

The TEA party's main concerns are: cutting back the size of government, lowering taxes, reducing wasteful spending, reducing the national debt and federal budget deficit, and adhering to the United States Constitution.

Shouldn't be too hard to grasp, no? So in answer to your question

Ah, so the TP only needs to stick to its principles in your state?

I would say yes, whatever is most important to the people in that state will be quite apparent come November 2. In my state of California, I can tell you that they tried to smear Meg Whitman with the fact that she fired an illegal alien when she found out she was illegal. That might mean something different to you if you're in say, Nebraska, but here in California I can assure you no hearts were broken. (Well, maybe Gloria Allred's, she did seem a bit upset.
) Here, we are used to seeing the illegals lying, thieving and cheating to either get jobs, or keep them. So, it didn't motivate me against her.

So quit labelling the TEA party people as a whole, they are made up of individuals. I know, hard concept for some.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Califemme

I know exactly what Tea Party stands for thank you very much. It stands for the idea that you can magically delineate yourself from other Americans as somehow more real. You are deluding yourself into voting for Republicans on some idea that calling themselves something else while that big R is still after their names on the ballot. These are the same people that are worried about gays, god, and guns. I have seen this show before. The very fact that you think the elections in november only apply to the states they are being held in goes a long way to indicate a strong misunderstanding of what the house and senate actually do in government. You seem to think anyone not in the Tea Party wants bigger government, more taxes, and to do away with the constitution. You could not be more wrong and in trying to claim so, you paint a lot of people with a very broad brush. The difference is we are not all standing behind ONE TITLE so it is a little harder to go back the other way. Tell you what, let's resume this conversation in a few weeks when the reality of what the Tea Party supported becomes more clear. I see their candidates poll numbers shrinking each time they open their mouths and betray the supposed Tea Party principals people like you claim to support. Even the Tea Party cannot agree on whether or not the Tea Party is a farce. The title is a farce just because of that. If you do not want to be labeled as part of a particular group, the first step would be to not take a label of a particular group. Just my two cents. See you in November.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Good! This guy is a loser! He is trying to win a seat by running ads that say "Barack Obama is the worst President in history."

I tend to support conservative views, and I want to see him lose! He is a moron!

top topics

join