It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teapartier darling Jan Brewer won't debate "unless her numbers drop"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yet another Republican "Tea Party" intellectual who is ducking debates because of the fact that she couldn't even perform coherently at her first one.

Her 16 second silence during her introduction and storytelling from what seems to be a C-rate murder novel, about headless bodies strewn across the Arizona desert, has apparently made her handlers silence her for good.
Linky

Unfortunatley for Jan, the numbers appear to be dropping, and rather fast:
Poll

Another poll was just released (unfortunatley I do not have the link) that shows Goddard is now pulling within three points.

Arizonans are waking up to this accidental governor and it's not looking good for her.
edit on 19/10/10 by masqua because: replaced party designation in title

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

You can get only so far preaching fear, fairly tales, and knee jerk reaction rhetoric. Once the call for substance and real policy is made - and all one has is talking points and emotion... Well we see how that works out.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
She may not be the greatest debater. I've watched her on TV and she looks uncomfortable. If she wins, it's an opportunity for the Tea Party to tell America about the North American Union. The main reason why the feds aren't securing the border the way they should. I don't care if she debates anybody, I hope she gets re-elected. The North American Union is just another way that TPTB are bankrupting America.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

Ah, now I see. You got my vote now. Christine O'Donnell better get elected so she can spread the truth about mice with human brains or secret chinese invasion plans. Maybe Sharon Angle can tell us about bigfoot. I am pretty sure Palladino is on track to spread the truth about centaurs. I hope they all win, it sounds exciting.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Strategically, its probably the same decision that most campaigns would make. From their standpoint, there's no real reason to give the opposition an opportunity where they can potentially generate significant momentum in the final weeks.

In this case, her lead appears perfectly safe. Note that even in this 'favorable' poll, Goddard's support is still in the mid 30s, which is where its been for months. Barring a disaster, Brewer will win that race.

BTW, that poll showing Brewer's lead down to 3 points is from Behavioral Research Center. Given the poll's high percentage of undecideds, I would take it with a grain of salt. Still, even if you buy it, Goddard has the same problem. He can't break 35%, plus, if the metric is 'likely voters', not just the wider registered voters, Brewer is still leading by 11.

Link
edit on 19-10-2010 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2010 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join