It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful huh?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Walked outside today and saw this I have never seen a double rainbow before.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
wowser that ones a beauty!

thanks!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Not rainbows. Chemtrails... close the windows and the doors.

j/k

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

edit on 18-10-2010 by rushunt because: Double post

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
Not rainbows. Chemtrails... close the windows and the doors.

j/k

Hahaha. With all the doom and gloom I thought it would be nice to see something that makes you stop in awe for once

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Had to do it.
2nd line

in case bad embed
www.youtube.com...

edit on 18-10-2010 by Cole DeSteele because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2010 by Cole DeSteele because: cuz i cant embed vids

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

you know you're on ATS too much when you see a picture of the sky and you automatically start scanning for UFO's

that's a nice picture though! can't say i've ever seen a double rainbow myself

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I actually have a video of a double rainbow that happened a few weeks ago here in Georgia. I have no idea on how to post it or I would.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Nexdominus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooohhhhhh
HO
HO
WOW!!"

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

I can see the end of that one in the video did you find the little guy at the end with the money?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Hahaha I knew someone would beat me to it.

Ohhh! Its starting to look like a.... TRIPLE RAINBOW!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rushunt

I can see the end of that one in the video did you find the little guy at the end with the money?

Not I, but looks like the dude who filmed it may have found some cash...selling T-shirts, several song re-mixes on itunes and guest spots on Jimmy Kimmel. He kinda looks like a cross between Grisley Adams and a Leprechaun.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Rainbows have a way of making people just smile. love them......

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

You know what that means don't cha? Double the GOLD!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

HAHAHA! Beat me to it!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Wow! A full on double rainbow all the way across the sky.

What does it mean?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Almost definitely disclosure!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexdominus
I actually have a video of a double rainbow that happened a few weeks ago here in Georgia. I have no idea on how to post it or I would.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Nexdominus because: (no reason given)

I think someone already beat you to it buddy.

Frequently, a dim secondary rainbow is seen outside the primary bow. Secondary rainbows are caused by a double reflection of sunlight inside the raindrops, and appear at an angle of 50–53°. As a result of the second reflection, the colours of a secondary rainbow are inverted compared to the primary bow, with blue on the outside and red on the inside. The secondary rainbow is fainter than the primary because more light escapes from two reflections compared to one and because the rainbow itself is spread over a greater area of the sky. The dark area of unlit sky lying between the primary and secondary bows is called Alexander's band, after Alexander of Aphrodisias who first described it.

A third, or tertiary, rainbow can be seen on rare occasions, and a few observers have reported seeing quadruple rainbows in which a dim outermost arc had a rippling and pulsating appearance. These rainbows would appear on the same side of the sky as the Sun, making them hard to spot. One type of tertiary rainbow carries with it the appearance of a secondary rainbow immediately outside the primary bow. The closely spaced outer bow has been observed to form dynamically at the same time that the outermost (tertiary) rainbow disappears. During this change, the two remaining rainbows have been observed to merge into a band of white light with a blue inner and red outer band. This particular form of doubled rainbow is not like the classic double rainbow due to both spacing of the two bows and that the two bows share identical normal colour positioning before merging. With both bows, the inner colour is blue and the outer colour is red.

Article

Interesting bit about double rainbows having inverted colors from the first. This would be (at least this is how I understood it) because the secondary rainbow is a reflection of the original rainbow, which is a reflection of the sunlight. Interesting phenomenon.

I would love to see a triple rainbow.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
believe this is from @2007

To me this is like the days of Noah, when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth. So now I have sworn not to be angry with you, never to rebuke you again.-Isaiah54.9

edit on 19-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
So simple, yet so beautiful.
I've seen rainbows before, but I've never seen a double rainbow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join