It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Balancing the budget for Dummies (Politicians)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It should be all about the numbers, because numbers don't lie. But the reality is that it's all about the politicians, because they lie for a living. I'm not sure if this video has been posted yet, my quick skim told me it hasn't. But this needs to be seen, heard, and enforced by the people. We all know what is waiting for us in the coming years if the looting of our nation continues. Obviously we need to cut spending, we all are going to have to sacrifice here and there... and everyone's sacrifice might not be equal, but dammit that's life... and I'm tired of seeing the crooks in Washington padding their wallets and buying estates overseas (places that don't extradite) so they (i.e. G.W. Bush) have a safe haven when we hit a third world scenario. So we won't have perfectly smooth roads, and we won't be able to retire at 60, and our Department of Education will be no more.... have you noticed our schools can't get much worse?? America isn't what she used to be, and it's our fault because we don't hold anyone accountable. This happened on our watch. It's time to put pride aside. IMO, Pride died a few decades ago, but it can always be restored. Now I'm not saying we need to fully resemble France, but they have one thing I admire... BALLS! The French people strike fear in their government, not the other way around like America. Compared to France, our government OWNS us! Will the sleeping giant ever make a move? "Occupants of public offices love power and are prone to abuse it!" -- George Washington.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
well it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see what this guys is saying............common sense

and common sense is totally uncommon in this country especially in our polticians..............

just had a epiphany just now our democracy was modeled after the greeks yes? i guess its only fitting that it will die from the same school of thoughts now running rampant across this world and end up with the riots like in greece

cut spending adhere to article one of the us constitution=balanced budget

no liberal will ever let that happen that means no entitlements
edit on 18-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
That makes sense screw over small business's and the middle class and the poor. Did you notice how he chose to skip over the very beginning of what he was quoting? The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States. With this everyone would have to pay their fair share of taxes but that wouldn't be fair to the elite.

join