It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Monopoles have Finally been caught on camera!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

ScienceDaily (Oct. 17, 2010) — For decades, researchers have been searching for magnetic monopoles -- isolated magnetic charges, which can move around freely in the same way as electrical charges. Magnetic poles normally only occur in pairs. Now a team of researchers at the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) in Switzerland and University College Dublin has managed to create monopoles in the form of quasiparticles in an assembly of nanoscale magnets and to observe how they move using a microscope at the Swiss Light Source (SLS) to make the magnetic structures visible.

The thing is that when electric field lines are cut on the joining of the 2 field lines they separate into one positive or one negative charge.

When the same thing is done to a magnet, i.e. a dipole magnet, the one dipole magnet becomes 2 smaller dipole magnets.

So there were these objects that were theorized called monopoles. These only have one pole.(i.e. one south pole or one north pole.)

The discovery of these hasn't occurred until today.

We might be seeing a new wave in technological abilities, so keep your eyes open to these things in the future!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Could this be what Leedskalnin (of Coral Castle) meant when he said scientists should really call it magneticity?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ahh, This subject caught my attention a while back, I think early this year.

It makes me wonder what will come next with all the 'free energy devices' popping up... I mean, many of them work on manipulating magnetic fields... and using these monopole magnets (say magnetised to North), wouldn't you be able to have a particle follow a N/S (or Positive/Negative) path (the device) without adding energy to it?

Just thinking... Aloud... Ish

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by binomialtheorem
www.sciencedaily.com...

ScienceDaily (Oct. 17, 2010) — For decades, researchers have been searching for magnetic monopoles -- isolated magnetic charges, which can move around freely in the same way as electrical charges. Magnetic poles normally only occur in pairs. Now a team of researchers at the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) in Switzerland and University College Dublin has managed to create monopoles in the form of quasiparticles in an assembly of nanoscale magnets and to observe how they move using a microscope at the Swiss Light Source (SLS) to make the magnetic structures visible.

The thing is that when electric field lines are cut on the joining of the 2 field lines they separate into one positive or one negative charge.

When the same thing is done to a magnet, i.e. a dipole magnet, the one dipole magnet becomes 2 smaller dipole magnets.

So there were these objects that were theorized called monopoles. These only have one pole.(i.e. one south pole or one north pole.)

The discovery of these hasn't occurred until today.

We might be seeing a new wave in technological abilities, so keep your eyes open to these things in the future!

This claim has been made repeatedly in the past. Let's wait and see.

Originally posted by jephers0n
Ahh, This subject caught my attention a while back, I think early this year.

It makes me wonder what will come next with all the 'free energy devices' popping up... I mean, many of them work on manipulating magnetic fields... and using these monopole magnets (say magnetised to North), wouldn't you be able to have a particle follow a N/S (or Positive/Negative) path (the device) without adding energy to it?

Just thinking... Aloud... Ish

There is no such thing as "free energy". There is such a thing as "very abundant energy" like the sun.
edit on 20-10-2010 by imnotbncre8ive because: (no reason given)

top topics

join