It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about 'Orbs'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have a question about these things, and specifically what I have pictured in this thread. I only placed this in paranormal studies because this will be the best place to help me debunk these pictures. I am not claiming this is of a paranormal origin, or even suggesting it. I have other pictures from inside this church that have zero orbs in them. Now to my question....

Are these orbs from dust or moisture?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea7149922d44.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm leaning toward moisture, but a friend and I looked through google, and couldn't find anything dust, moisture or otherwise that produced anything as thick or similar to this.

Thick as in this one:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed2a60c367a6.jpg[/atsimg]

Do any of you have any ideas you could share with me?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

As far as I understand it's the angle of reflection from the lens, the flash, and a particle in the air. Whether it's solid or liquid is irrelevant.

ie these orbs are from charcoal dust.

edit on 18-10-2010 by badmoviefan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by badmoviefan

i should also add that a flash wasn't used, but the sun was shining through the window. That thick one is just baffling me. Thanks for the link to the other pictures. I missed those from coal dust.
edit on 10/18/2010 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

What strikes me as odd are the circular patterns in the "orbs". I have looked at orbs formed by different particles and they all have irregular patterns. Can someone enlighten me to wich kind of particle creates these circular patterns?
edit on 18/10/10 by locster because: A particle got cought in my keyboard

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
am I right thinking the sun was coming in from the left of the picture? the spot on the pew is interesting.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I noticed the circular pattern within too. never seen orbs with that. Anyone know what causes this?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theviking727

You are correct in your thinking, the sun was coming in the windows from our pointed direction to the left.

Locster - Thank you, I worded my question wrong, evidently - that was the question I wanted answered, thanks.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I havent seen a circle pattern before either, but I am leaning toward the light reflecting off the windowglass through the door. it is a really good picture

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well...
Since both of the clearest orbs seem to have a swirl, or or orb within an orb look to them, I would guess that they are caused by the optics in the lens assembly.

See how the bigger and smaller ones on the left side of the image have a very similar patter to each and even the fainter one in the middle right. Since all have a fairly similar pattern I would think it would have to be the optics in the lens assembly creating the pattern.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
For some reason, the first pic got cut off, so I had to reduce the size a bit -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6241fcf5ecf7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by badmoviefan

Very much a possibility, thanks. I'm trying to figure it out myself if it was an in lens artifact, or an object in the air producing the thing.

top topics

join