It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How dare anyone critisise the US for Liberating Iraq. (A few things about Iraq and Iran)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Well see that's the issue Sauron, you seem to think that USA and CCCP had some cause of the Iran-Iraq war.

But they had no partake in that cause, Saddam caused it all on his own.

no where did I say who started the war
or who was behind it

[edit on 26-6-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smudge
Morallity....I don't smack my kids when I want them to stop fighting.
You just don't get it do you... if you state that murder is wrong...how can you then use the same method to make your point...there ....I can't make it any simpler than that for you.

Oh I see and we were supposed to say 'now Saddam, you stop that now or you will go to bed without dinner'. We are not talking about disciplining children, we are talking about removing a cold blooded killer from power. Oh and BTW here is the definition of murder since you don't seem to know:

The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

Notice how is says unlawful and with predetermined malice?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sauron you just said that the USA and CCCP arm these "little nations" and let them fight their proxy wars for profit or whatever other thing floats their boats.

If you weren't saying we didn't start the Iran-Iraq war then what the hell were you saying?

Simply put you need a lesson in how nations today try to maintain that great "balance of power".

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

Morallity....I don't smack my kids when I want them to stop fighting.
You just don't get it do you... if you state that murder is wrong...how can you then use the same method to make your point...there ....I can't make it any simpler than that for you.

Oh I see and we were supposed to say 'now Saddam, you stop that now or you will go to bed without dinner'. We are not talking about disciplining children, we are talking about removing a cold blooded killer from power. Oh and BTW here is the definition of murder since you don't seem to know:

The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

Notice how is says unlawful and with predetermined malice?

And which part of incinerating women and children do you find lawful? or more importantly morally justifiable.
The way in which to remove Saddam's regime would have been through a stronger U.N, which unfortunately will never exist because the U.S fears a powerful international lawmaker and enforcer for obvious reasons. As I said well see how effective your strategy has been...lets let time be the judge...you pro war people bore me.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Sauron you just said that the USA and CCCP arm these "little nations" and let them fight their proxy wars for profit or whatever other thing floats their boats.

If you weren't saying we didn't start the Iran-Iraq war then what the hell were you saying?

Simply put you need a lesson in how nations today try to maintain that great "balance of power".

I satiated who armed them America, Britain, France, China and god knows who else,
But now you bring it up who did fire the first shot?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Iraq did, Saddam was planning a "blitzkrieg" attack, which horribly backfired due to the fanatical zeal of the Iranians.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Smudge, show me where the US has incinerated women and children. I know Saddam is responsible for many such atrocities. I personally believe we should have gone to Iraq WMD's or not. That man is a cold blooded killer. Do you understand that? If not, then you are blind to the facts. Just look what Saddam did to the Kurds. Now if you want to talk about incinerating women and children, why don't you look at some of the pics that shows what he did to his own people.

Death is a casualty of war, get use to it. I know it sucks. But to say the US is targeting innocents is just rediculous. That is why I am saying it is not murder.

link   

And which part of incinerating women and children do you find lawful? or more importantly morally justifiable.

There. This thread just had its first piece of bleeding heart Amnesty International bull#.

What is lawful is the neutralization of enemy combatants. That is what was deemed lawful, and yes accidents happen. But unlike what Al-Jazeera says, the military does not actively target civilians.

The way in which to remove Saddam's regime would have been through a stronger U.N, which unfortunately will never exist because the U.S fears a powerful international lawmaker and enforcer for obvious reasons.

And thats why we fund the majority of it right? Its all one big conspiracy where by we waste a sizeable ammount of money on the UN while at the same time just trying to make it accomplish nothing. Get real.

.you pro war people bore me.

And your slanted lies and outright fabrications sicken me.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by Agent47]

link   

Iraq did, Saddam was planning a "blitzkrieg" attack, which horribly backfired due to the fanatical zeal of the Iranians.

Well I'll take that lesson now show me the facts on that

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hey Agent 147, Target Rich Environment ehhh.... LOL LOL You live your lives straight out of the movies... yeeeehaw killed me some *racial epithet removed* today...and ooops a couple a 3 yr olds and their mothers....but hey youve gotta break eggs if your makin an omellette rrriiiiggghhhtt.....yeeehaw

god help us all.. at least I'll take comfort in the fact that historicaly all empires fall...I just hope the coming muslim empire will be a little more human...I doubt it though....nature of power...ho hum.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Hey Agent 147, Target Rich Environment ehhh.... LOL LOL You live your lives straight out of the movies... yeeeehaw killed me some *edited* today...and ooops a couple a 3 yr olds and their mothers....but hey youve gotta break eggs if your makin an omellette rrriiiiggghhhtt.....yeeehaw

Yes its a little target rich but not fun when all the targets use giant LOL l33t speak and make biased lies and accusations.

A. Racial slurs arent cool and your use of Asian slurs is strange for our time period.

B. There you go again with that Amnesty Internationl malarky. Grow up and realize war is hell and accidents happen. However no military unit in Iraq is given orders to kill civilians.

C. Yes I may be from Texas but you can quit the ignorance with your "yeeehaww"

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oh nyarlathotep here are a few links to the dead. Remember accidents or not, by being there you are responsible like it or not. No U.S invasion no body count...Body count

****GRAPHIC CONTENT****
More dead people

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Smudge, you are incredible! Just because someone has an avatar from a movie, doesn't mean they live their life straight out of the movies. You have children? I hope you don't talk to them like that. Gooks and such. That is just rediculous. I know Agent 47 can defend himself, but I just had to throw tha out there.

You only response to the argument is that women and children in Iraq are being killed by the US, and no proof to show for it. I feel real sorry for your children that their father is so thick headed.

Edit: I just looked at the links you posted Smudge. It still doesn't prove anything. It just says civilians, doesn't give any demographics. It also doesn''t say who killed them. You have seen the bombings by the insurgents right? Well they are responsible as well.

War sucks, I know, but necessary sometimes. And yes innocents are killed, it is very unfortunate. But to say that the US is targeting these innocents is just well, ignorant on your part.

2nd edit: Smudge, you really should let us know that the 2nd link is to some pretty graphic stuff, so that some people will know ahead of time. Also, who did this? You still have no proof that the US did these horrible things. I'm done arguing with you, it's pointless.

[edit on 6-26-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think both of you proud Americans know that my,****( this word again has been edited for the above reason) line was a parody of the many pro war, American's for freedom b.s films that come out of Hollywood so brilliantly epitymised by Agent 147's avatar. As for what my kids think of their dad, well only time wil tell, but I'd thank you for keeping them out of the conversation, as they cannot answer and it just makes me more than a little cross.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by Smudge]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I think both of you proud Americans know that my *edited* line was a parody of the many pro war, American's for freedom b.s films that come out of Hollywood so brilliantly epitymised by Agent 147's avatar. As for what my kids think of their dad, well only time wil tell, but I'd thank you for keeping them out of the conversation, as they cannot answer and it just makes me more than a little cross.

WTF does that have do with this thread? You are the one that brought your children into this topic, not me. Think before you post next time.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I think both of you proud Americans know that my *edited* line was a parody of the many pro war, American's for freedom b.s films

What like the vehemently anti war movies Platoon and Full Metal Jacket. Your grasp of American cinema is embarassing to say the least.

that come out of Hollywood so brilliantly epitymised by Agent 147's avatar.

Actually Top Gun is basically a cheesy little fiction tale about Flight School and not combat. Basically its Tom Cruise vs. Val Kilmer and an interesting little piece of 80s nostalga. Once again your grasp of cinema comes up disgustingly short, and PS its 47.

but I'd thank you for keeping them out of the conversation, as they cannot answer and it just makes me more than a little cross.

Ah does dragging your style of raising the little quacks push buttons eh?

Does it?

Hmmm you cry foul over that, but Id suggest you look at how you've been mangling names and picking on avatars.

As pointed out above you brought them into this, so Id have to repeat the addage "Think before you post"

I can excuse l33t speak but I draw the line attacking someone and then yelling no fair when it happens to you.

Thank you nyarlathotep for helping trying to point out the ignorance tonight.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
When you people QUOTE a racial epithet, you are just as in the wrong as the person who SAID it in the first place.

Quit sniping at each other.
I'm NOT in a good mood after reading the last few posts on this thread.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
When you people QUOTE a racial epithet, you are just as in the wrong as the person who SAID it in the first place.

Quit sniping at each other.
I'm NOT in a good mood after reading the last few posts on this thread.

OK you are right Banshee. BTW, when are you in a good mood?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMasonUSA certainly did not put Saddam in power.

How certain are you?
It seems like there was a lot of help.

Cooperative research, Iraq History:

CIA employs Saddam Hussein in a botched attempted assassination of Kassim. The CIA then helps Saddam escape through Tikrit into Syria, where the CIA pays for his apartment and puts him through a brief training course.

Feb 1963
CIA aids Saddam Hussein and his Ba'ath party in a bloody military coup (in which around 5,000 are estimated killed) which overthrows president Kassim and puts the Ba'ath party into power.

Following the coup, the Ba'ath party slaughters at least 800 communists using a list provided by the CIA.

A second successful coup by the Ba'ath party, again with CIA cooperation. Following the coup, the party comes to be dominated by Saddam Hussein.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Thank you nyarlathotep for helping trying to point out the ignorance tonight.

Hey no problem man. Just trying to teach the ignorant, that's all. We have a lot of work with Smudge though, he's not a very good pupil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join