It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange weather in Free State(South Africa)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Bloemfontein – Residents of the Free State will be forgiven for being slightly confused about waking up at the weekend to winter temperatures and snow - in the middle of October

Aslam Sardiwalla, a meteorologist at the Bloemfontein weather office, says the weather conditions over the past few days have been very odd.

The strange weather was caused by a cold front and extraordinary southerly winds. “The wind was blowing from a very southerly direction. It’s the same kind of wind we usually experience in the middle of winter.”

The rest of the article could be found here -> News24

This because of global warming?

Here is another article concerning the weather. The article is about Woolworths complaining about the water quality in South Africa but they also mention how much the weather patterns have changed.

He also said it is “incredible” how weather patterns have changed over the past five to ten years. A decade ago it was possible to plant courgettes in Musina in the winter, but these days the frost is too severe

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
FAIL

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think it's due to "global destabilization." You get unseasonably warm and cold weather sporadically across the globe as the planet trys to stablize itself to be warmer or colder. The jury is still out on that one. I'd lean toward warming however. S and F!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA!!!
Fail.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Please remain calm ,an expert will be along shortly to assure you that everything is normal and constant reports of freak weather events is caused by el nino,la nina or your imagination.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What do you do if it's your imagination?

Originally posted by 12voltz
Please remain calm ,an expert will be along shortly to assure you that everything is normal and constant reports of freak weather events is caused by el nino,la nina or your imagination.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

just a word of advice Pal .... never trust a bloke from Bloemfontein ... meteorologist or not !

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Just wait for some reassurance from the government experts or close your eyes and think happy thoughts

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Explanation S&F!

From the source article linked in the OP, stated by the quoted meteorologist...

“It’s not completely unprecedented, but certainly not what we’re used to,” he says.

Personal Disclosure: It has SNOWED in Canberra in Australia on Xmass day [like 20yrs ago]! I know as OL went outside and played in it! So freaky weather events... they happen!

edit on 1-1-2011 by OmegaLogos because: edited to fix bbcode for quotes. soz

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This thread is groundbreaking! Why isn't it on the main page?

Why can't I star and flag again?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Thats what I want to know !!!!

I'm U2U'ing the mods right now !!!

less BS, ... more Slov !!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Think theres a conspiracy against me.The mods are trying to keep me from getting my work out there

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It's an obvious effort to suppress your genius......

Conspiracy Team !!!! UNITE !!!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Probably due to the geomagnetic storm, it cause really severe weather int eh US , Australia and other places worldwide as well. I am not ruling out anything else but the past days have been a trip.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Probably.

There's a whole lot of strange weather going on not just here but in other places,too.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Well it's obvious they're trying to guide us away from the truth.

Not even safe on a conspiracy site anymore.Agents are lurking in every corner.Trying to break our spirits and steal our minds but NO MORE.

This is just the beginning.

A revolution is coming and it going to be AWESOME

new topics

top topics

join