It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO abduction of whole village exposed as rumor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

UFO abduction of whole village exposed as rumor

english.peopledaily.com.cn

"It is said that a whole village near Qin Ling disappeared after several shining UFOs flew over it, and the thing is under investigation by military troops. All news has been blocked."

Above sentences are the content of a post on Internet on Oct. 13. It was rapidly and widely spread by other websites and micro-blogs, making the post the most popular on the Internet for the day.

However, when reporters went to Xianyang to learn more about the horrible event, they found the claims could not be further from the truth. Those so-called UFOs were just rays of some spotlights that are locate
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
This is a strange one, Villiage in Chinese mountain dissapears after UFO sightings.
Chinese UFO 'disclosure' (with original source)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Finally an actual report out of China about this whole village disappearing business.

It basically confirms what was being said in the discussion here on ATS about it being nothing more than a prank that got blown out of proportion.

Now I will assume that most here had already come to the conclusion that this was all a big hoax and that those who actually think there is something to it will ignore this article or label it as disinfo.

If this is the case I will remind you that this website, the people daily is the one that carried the story of Wang Sichao from Purple Mountain Observatory, hardly the act of a disinfo news website.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Some people would go to any length to grab attention!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So, why is the china military blocking the news about a village?
And, did "something" happen to a village?
Thats what im trying to figure out....

but no one here will probably look at this...and this case on ats will be blone off
edit on 18-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
First of all I'm not saying this story is true and is still most likely a hoax.

I will also say that I am unwilling to fully believe the "official story" coming from the Chinese. If you look at how they censor information in China I'm sure you can figure out why.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

There is no military blocking access to the village.

It's all made up.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I started the thread knowing that it wasn't going to be any real event. This is some good confirmation of that. (like we needed it
) It was an interesting ride none the less. Good to see people at work digging around seeing what they can find.

edit- unless this is just a cover story. (not what i believe, but you need to include it)
edit on 18/10/2010 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
idk, you could just as easily argue that the government finally caught up with the story and released the official version of the story. I want eyewitness accounts of a happy healthy village still there, and as a bonus I'd really like to see the contraption that lit up the night sky blue, brighter than football field lights...Oh, and pulsed and moved as well.
Or was that video debunked? There's been so much action on this and other UFO topics it's hard to keep up!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I saw this the other day but my computer froze and I don't remember the site it was on. I will look through my history but it has two videos showing this was only spotlights and not a UFO.

As soon as I find it and if I do I will add it.

This is not real,

thanks for posting this!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Howdy bud. The whole story sent my BS meter haywire in the first place. Sometimes these stories appear and catch fire in people's imaginations without sounding plausible. More often than not, they have a story arc that suggests it's all fiction.

In your link, I noticed three words that are a 'red flag' for me. Whenever I see them in articles or by ATSers, I groan and picture some old dude telling tall tales by the campfire. It's time to wake up and smell the BS...

So what are they?

"It is said..."

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

It is said that some people will believe anything because they just want it to be true.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

It is said that some people will believe anything because they just want it to be true.

Dammit Freeborn, you've just created a paradox!

'It is said' means the rest of the sentence is false and we know that it's true. Is there any way you can go back and edit your post to prevent something terrible happening?! You're meddling with things we just don't understand.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

My argument to that would be that some has to say it, don't they?

And you said it!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Also, people need to believe the official story, because to not believe it creates the possibility that the government could be involved in much more. For many, this is a level of complicity they cannot live with

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

MODS can we have a hoax tag applied to the original now?

Kthxbai!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
i covered the whole story on O-fu

basically the whole thing stemmed from a status message on someone's social messaging profile. Nothing actually happened. The "evidence" was sourced from different reports of unrelated events.

top topics

join