It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK - Three peers face suspension over expenses claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This is just disgusting...

Labour's Baroness Uddin has fraudulently taken £125,349 of tax payers’ money!!! outrageous!! She should not be suspended she should be arrested!!!

Three peers face suspension over expenses claims

Three peers should be suspended and repay expenses, a House of Lords committee has recommended after investigating their claims. Labour's Baroness Uddin should be suspended until Easter 2012, and told to repay £125,349, the privileges committee said. It also recommended Labour's Lord Paul be suspended for four months and cross bencher Lord Bhatia for eight months. Peers must vote on whether to accept the committee's recommendations. Lord Paul has already paid £41,982 and Lord Bhatia has paid back £27,446.

I wonder how many more thieves there are yet to catch!!

Korg.

CX

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Aren't these three the guys that think they are too good for a public investigation, and that their case should be heard by a private parlimentary commitee?

Apparently that is their right, or so they say.

Either way they are not doing themselves any favours by claiming these special priviledges, instead they are just showing what pompous stuck up idiots they really are.

Put them in general population like we'd have to.

CX.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Aren't these three the guys that think they are too good for a public investigation, and that their case should be heard by a private parlimentary commitee?

Apparently that is their right, or so they say.

Either way they are not doing themselves any favours by claiming these special priviledges, instead they are just showing what pompous stuck up idiots they really are.

Put them in general population like we'd have to.

CX.

Quite.

If I had my way there would be a total shake up in the house of Lords. Hereditary peers OUT!!! But quite clearly even if you are not a hereditary peer the members of the house seem to have an air of superiority holier than thou attitude...

Well this should be a rude awakening for them....

I wonder if we should bring the guillotine back in fashion??

Korg.

join