It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, MythBusters to Test 'Archimedes Death Ray' in Push to Promote Science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
From Fox News

Nice opening paragraph

President Obama is either trying to reach a new audience or he's looking to build the Pentagon's next project on the cheap.

Seriously though, I'm glad the dude is promoting science or whatever, but doesn't he have bigger things to worry about?

oh, and the wiki page for the death ray...not as sinister as it sounds.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well all we will see is a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

Yes, I went there.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Didn't Mythbusters already do that? I believe they never got it to work properly...literally smoke and mirrors as it was nicely put.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well, I am glad he is doing it.

My 14 yo son loves the Mythbusters. Well, we all do, but he records it and never misses an episode.

There was a hotel article out recently about a new Vegas (I THINK) hotel that was causing guests to burn and had caught something on fire and they are having to warn guests to be stay out of the sun at certain times of the day.

I don't think we've caught up to some of the science they had in those days myself. I think the fault is ours, not theirs. They sure seemed to know a lot about stone cutting.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thing is that this is just another way for Obama to continue his eternal campaigning rhetoric. I think he wanted to start a push towards the younger audience and I guess someone must've told him the viewer demographic of Mythbusters.

I'm not exactly sure what to think of this particular move by the Obama administration. On the one hand I like that a President wants to get involved and climb down his ivory tower. Except that I know that there's a bloody motive behind it and that it's not from the heart. He's doing this to curry favour specifically.

And that, my friends, spoils it all.

I'd also love to see the reaction of the Mythbusters when they heard they are supposed to do this myth AGAIN. The Mythbusters have performed this particular myth twice already. This will be a third. Honestly, there's better myths to do than this one. I can't see a lot of people will be looking forward to the myth especially.

Oh well, I guess the sheeple will enjoy this one.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yeah they already tried it and failed. Mythbusters however has a habit of revisiting myths when they get feedback about something they may do differently. As for obama taking part in it I don't feel one way or another. Sure he has alot to do and stuff but this is probably good PR and it's not like he would need to wrestle with worlds troubles 24/7 to be a president.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Mythbusters... haha... what a bunch of clowns!

The real conspiracy there, is that they were behind the Beavis and Butthead voices!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I had heard a while back that Mythbusters was doing a show on 9/11. It was said they had a reduced scale replica of the plane, the towers, and everything, but I never heard anything else about it. Anyone here have more info?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
As far as I can recollect they have said in some interview that they wont do 911 shows. That was in relation to the apollo shows. Not quite sure about that thought.

new topics

top topics

join