It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesjuah stage his own death in order to escape from it all?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I don't dismiss anything. I keep it in my head and apply the information when I need it or when new ideas come to mind. This way, I'm constantly moving forward, gathering more information, and becoming more aware of who I am as a person. I'm happy with this choice, it makes me curious and sparks questions I would have never thought of or would have dismissed otherwise. I makes me enjoy living and seeing new things every day. Not that that is exclusive to this way of thinking, but thats how I go on about it. The debate on what happens when we die and who is right or wrong is pointless, since we'll never know until we experience it. But what we can control is who we are right now. I want to use this time to learn more about myself, the planet, the universe, the possibilities, thought, emotion, creativity, etc., not to devoting myself to one thought and deeming everything else wrong. To me, thats just fear. fear to be yourself. fear to ask questions. For me its not, "I think, therefore i am;" it's, "I question, therefore I am." I think thats what separates us from the other wild animals on this planet, but maybe not, maybe they think it to... Why am I here? I think its to devour every thought and feeling we can experience. To build a library of information within us and create an atmosphere of learning and progression, as opposed to subjugating and setting limits.
Look, I think you can and should believe whatever you want to believe. You can be right, or wrong, it doesn't matter, what is, is. I'm not going to live in fear of the wrong though, because I'm confident in myself that I make right choices. I enjoy thinking, exploring. That can't be wrong. So what if I don't believe in the validity of a story that was told long ago. I like the stories, take it for what it is, apply the lessons in my own way, just as do by reading the works of buddha, or yoda for that matter. The point is, when I die, I know things are in order in my head, and whatever happens next can only be whats supposed to happen next. The difference between a devout christian and myself when we die is not where we are going, but who experienced more while they were alive. And sure, there is probably something to be gained, some lesson to be learned from being so devout, but I'm sure I learned something just as valuable. After all, if there is a god, he made me this way, and I'm sure would rather have us enjoy his creation and the power of our imagination than to worship him. Again, just my opinion.
edit on 23-10-2010 by Odessy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Hi brother, to have faith requires the component of action which without it, it can not be brought forth. cheers

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kensho

Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.

Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God.

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

You will know that I am the LORD, when I deal with you for my name's sake and not according to your evil ways and your corrupt practices, O house of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Frankly, I admire his bravery of facing the trial, punishment, and crucifixion without trying to get out of it. He answered questions that couldve freed him with bigger questions. After forty lashes with a cat of nine tails he picked up the cross and carried it without protest or regret. His physical humanity is seen when he drops the cross out of weakness, possible loss of blood, etc. This proves he was human and felt what humans felt, pain. He also dealt with every aspect of being human. He had to eat, drink, pee, take a poo, sleep.

So I can boldly confess, even if Crist didnt resurrect on the third day, but died and his body was hidden, which I dont believe, Id still be a follower of Christ, because he taught how to live, love, and how to die, Is there a greater man in history to follow the teachuings of, even if the resurrection didnt happen? I don't think so. Would I still worship YHWH the Most High Father and Creator, yes.

edit on 10/24/2010 by runetang because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Originally posted by Soldier of God
First of all I believe in Jesus Christ not Jesjuah.
Secondly you already ran the same thread in April so if you do not believe in Jesus as the Son of God fine.
Why do you feel the need to repeatedly try and state your case???

Hehe. Are you saying that anyone were called Jesus before the Churchfathers invented the name "Jesus" to be a replacement or "translation" of the Hebro-Aramaic Jesjuah ha Mesjiach? Noone was ever called Jesus until the early Church fathers "translated" his name from Jesjuah (YesHVaH) which has a geometry in the three hundreds, into "Jesus" which has a geometry equaling the earliest known Number of the Beast 616? Get real.

Since when has there been a "J" in Hebrew?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Git_r_dun

the whole story was a fake anyway. from birth to supposed resurrection was all just a story written by flavius piso aka josephus

Man you've hit the nail spot on. The whole thing was written up by Josephus a Jewish historian in order to make the free citizens of Rome move form the costly free bread and circuses to the concept of heaven and hell. And as the young rabbi was mentioned of what he did throughout his life there were no jews in the holy land to say no he is just made up as they were all kicked out by Titus beforehand. Everything is planned out by Rome, the empire that never died.

-Naeem

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yah, Jesus staged it and decided to come back as Elvis, they didnt have guitars in those days, and Jesus was great with the pelvis, is this close enough?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Interesting thread OP, im going through your other threads now, cant for the life of me figure out why you were banned, oh well... in case your still lurking, thanks for the read.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

I was going to start a thread which is kinda similar :

One question would have been.... If Jesus came back today or was indeed already here do you think he would have wanted to be Religious?

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join