It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Lucid Strangeness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hello all,

This thread is a follow up from my previous thread about my recent Lucid dreaming experiences, for reference here is the link to the previous thread: Strange Lucid Dream

Okay, once again I went to bed fairly late at night (around midnight or shortly after) and pretty much fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Woke up at around 3:00AM and went for a cigarette, more or less the same as last time I went back to bed and couldn't get back to sleep, instead spent the best part of 2 hours rolling around tossing and turning. I went for another 2 cigarettes during this period and finally went back to bed in an attempt to sleep.

Just like last time as I was drifting off I could see strange colours and shapes with my eyes closed and then suddenly I could see a picture perfect screen shot of an area of woodland I used to visit when I was younger. I'm pretty certain I was asleep and dreaming at this point as I felt aware of that fact but what amazes me is the clarity of what I saw, okay it was only simple woodland but it was honestly like I was looking at a photo; I've never had a dream that clear before in my life.

Unfortunately, this time I wasn't able to control my actions as the last time, I had several different dreams where I could move around, speak, and basically do what I wanted but they only lasted a matter of minutes where after that I would wake up.

I also felt the same pulsing, tingling feeling in my chest and shoulders. However, I still enjoyed the experience!

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any reason as to why I would suddenly start Lucid dreaming on a weekly basis, I know it sounds kind of dramatic but it feels like I'm changing if that makes sense.

By the way, I don't mean changing as if I'm turning into some higher being or whatever
I can only describe how I feel...

Lastly, my girlfriend has noticed that I've been grinding my teeth a lot in my sleep, on the occasion described above at one point when I woke up I realised my teeth were shaking and I had to make a conscious effort to keep them still.

Sorry it's only a brief thread, for any new readers it's probably best to read the original thread first.

I'm currently in the process of researching astral projection and the like, at one point in time I probably would of dismissed such a concept but I can honestly say that these dreams I have been having feel amazingly real.

Thoughts welcome.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Waking up for a while at the right point during your sleep cycle and then going back to sleep after an hour or so induces a more intense REM cycle. The stimulant effect of nicoteine also promotes REM sleep.
I sometimes go through periods of intense dreaming too, just roll with it.
If you really like dreaming try to get ahold of some Silene Capensis roots, fresh is better than dried, and froth them into an Ubulawu. If you do this properly you will have dreams that will absolutely blow your mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

Thanks, I may just try that!

I've read on a similiar thread that waking up and then going back to sleep is likely to induce Lucid dreaming, I just honestly find the whole concept amazing.

I've had lucid dreams before but nothing like this, like I mentioned in the OP the clarity of the last dream I had was unreal!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Try everything once right? The only time I've had more vivid, lucid dreams than when I drank the Ubulawu was when I applied flying brew as described in 'magia naturalis' to my Carotid artery but they were much less calm.
Something else you might want to consider is keeping some mugwort near your bed where you can smell it during your sleep, the scent seems to promote dreaming.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...

How to Make a Dream Pillow - for Relaxation and Lucid Dreams

top topics

join