It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrates Received $1 Million In Foreign Donations: (while chastising the RNC!!!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski points out that amid the White House's attack on the Chamber of Commerce, Democrats have taken in at least $1 million from "political action committes affiliated with foreign companies."

"The big problem is that money no longer has to be disclosed and that is a huge issue. It affects Democrats as well as Republicans. But, the bottom line is that the Republicans are doing it 7-1 better than the Democrats. To that extent, the Democrats are getting clobbered," MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell said defending the tactics against the Chamber.
Source with the video link: www.realclearpolitics.com...

Then: The White House reponses to MSNBC:

MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski receives an email from the White House only one hour after she reported Democrats have received over $1 million in donations from foreign sources. Brzezinski tells the audience, verbatim, what the White House emailed to her about the "campaign contributions thing"

Please go to this link for her reading of the email that she rec'd. (I think someone is a little touchy at the WH-to respond so quickly lol).
Link: www.realclearpolitics.com...

Even the media thinks the Dems/White House attack on the US Chamer of Commerce (the Repubs/RNC) is a bunch of hogwash. Heck, Bob Schieffer of CBS even called Axelrod out say: IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN DO-(This close to an election..... LOL)

Link to the video and additonal info:
www.newsbusters.org...

Well, I think it is ever apparent that the Obama admin is coming apart at the seams. It was doomed to fail. Now that the Dem Congress folks are running from Obama, it is just a matter of time before Obama is relagated to nothingness---sad for America for sure. Maybe we'll get lucky and he quit the administration like everyone else is/has/going to. What a disgrace!

Obama will have to move so far to the right in the next two years, you'll think he is running the RNC. Gonna be interesting to watch.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Thank you for the flags but please, leave some input.

I'm interested in what you have to say/write/think.

This is going to be another one of those: If the shoe was on the other foot stories, the MSM would be all over it.

I will be watching MSNBC throughout the day to see if they make any noise about this or is it going to die at the Morning Joe group (morning time). I highly doubt the night sqaud at MSNBC will breath a word of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Just more hypocrisy in politics and both sides are guilty of it. One side rails against the other over some perceived injustice, and from behind the scene the same group doing all the criticizing partakes in the same conduct. I have said in the past there are no such things as Republicans or Democrats and both sides meet in the middle. They love to manipulate people into believing that their particular candidate will walk the party line and vote in accordance with their constituents on every issue to cross their desk. Sadly, that is often not the case when the rubber meets the road with the special interests swarming like vultures, deals with other politicians, and seedy practices.

If one has any kind of spine, he or she is labeled a pariah by the MSM and opponents. Furthermore, they are lambasted and viciously attacked for feeling strongly about their views and voting accordingly.Washington has become a den of vipers and a place filled with seedy individuals. The thing that should be most important to a politician is their integrity, and it seems in many cases among modern politicians integrity is often chained up and forgotten. Both parties are guilty of two timing and hustling the American people.

Now, in the case of President Barack Obama getting the cold shoulder from party member candidates in this mid-term election? It seems more than obvious that is becoming the case as we get closer to the election. Democrat candidate are scurrying from any association with the President and are running for the welcoming arms of former President Bill Clinton.

On Midterm Stump, Clinton Is Defender in Chief

Mr. Clinton is now the most sought-after Democrat, logging 29 stops so far this year with more to come in the fall. He has been embraced by Democrats wherever he goes, even as several candidates have run the other way when Mr. Obama has arrived in their state.

These same incumbents who now fear for their political lives and have backed the President in Healthcare Reform, Trillion Dollar Stimulus, and supporting the largest tax increase in US history coming next year are scurrying for anyone who can stem the bleeding ,and it seems Bill Clinton is the guy. The prodigal son returns If anything this display of betrayal by the Democrats shows how fickle politics really is. Rather than embracing the man whom they supported with votes for his agenda as radical and unpopular as it may seem, they would rather distance themselves and treat the President as some kind of liability in hopes of holding on to their jobs for another term. Integrity is something the modern politician has no concept of, or they would stand by their record regardless if they get reelected or not. It seems President Obama may find himself in a situation similar to what Clinton dealt with in 1994 when the Republicans won the majority.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Nobody should be surprised. Politicians are so used to feeding at the trough that saying "no" just isn't in their vocabulary whenever the bowl of greens shows up at the salad bar.

One needs to ask themselves if they'd be any different if presented with the same.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I wasn't going to reply because your very partisan opinion in the OP but I have decided to reply to the issue at hand only.

The Democrats are angry because they are losing the battle, Republicans can collect foreign money better than the Democrats and they can't handle that. Like selfish little brats they are calling foul only because they can't compete. How pathetic.

Good on Mika for calling them out on this, real journalism is what counts these days. That's why Morning Joe is the only cable news broadcast show I watch on television any more.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
well the way i see it is yes indeed the democrats are mad

as they too receive foreign monies but those same democrats receive monies from those same corporations and one other entity that the republican have never gotten a dime from...............UNIONS

no matter how much the left complains about money they have their benefactors

leftists billionaires

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I think the donations represent a bigger picture than what you described. I think it goes to show that everyone who is donating lost faith in Obama and what he was saying he was all about and all that he promised to do.

He did, and is doing, the exact opposite of what he said he was going to do-in just about every area.

You don't have to take what I say. Look for yourself. Demos running left and right. Independants flocking to the Repubs. Obama and the Dems had a unique opportunity and they pissed it away. I find it terribly funny when they try to blame their inability to get votes from the Repubs when they control both the House and Senate (for now).

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I guess the untold amounts of overseas Visa gift cards for Obama campaign didn't count during the last election
either? The more the left goes look here, the more they make themselves look like idiots...........ah well, 2 more weeks.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Yes, Forgot about that. You have anymore info on that mess.

I bet you my last dollar NOT ONE investigation got underway about all of that.

Good one.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I only got to look at the first and last one. That first one is a peach also. An investigators dream type of info.

Any official agency (with Law Enforcement powers) looking into all of this?

I doubt it.

Thank you for putting that stuff up. I dill look at the rest later tonight.

top topics

join