It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfft! All my friends get banned!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
omg what is going on? If they can read this after being banned... *slap

I know just recently I lost 2000 points for a 'ill-mannered post' -> issue that made me v angry. But how hard is it to stay within the T & C?

farout.

I have seen some really good 'brains' get banned and that is a loss in discussion forum. I am so peeved at finding out a person who has contributed in such a good way to ATS has blown it. Just like so many others.

Keep your cool. There are some people who appreciate your contribution.

keep your cool if you getting peeved... log out, go for a walk and come back later!!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
omg what is going on? If they can read this after being banned... *slap

I know just recently I lost 2000 points for a 'ill-mannered post' -> issue that made me v angry. But how hard is it to stay within the T & C?

farout.

I have seen some really good 'brains' get banned and that is a loss in discussion forum. I am so peeved at finding out a person who has contributed in such a good way to ATS has blown it. Just like so many others.

Keep your cool. There are some people who appreciate your contribution.

keep your cool if you getting peeved... log out, go for a walk and come back later!!

Ahh they either become mods or get banned - either way we never hear from them again...

Im surprised Im still here to be honest...

Oo

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Yeah, well I haven't seen some of them around on the boards... (not even with a similar nick) so they go off someplace else I guess. But the latest one to get banned is really upsetting.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

reply to post by badw0lf

Yeah, well I haven't seen some of them around on the boards... (not even with a similar nick) so they go off someplace else I guess. But the latest one to get banned is really upsetting.

Oh Im certain some do come back, but theyre not likely the sort youd consider a friend. Some people you just can spot a mile away.

Others, well, I cant say - i guess some people really get annoyed at a banning. If they were real friends however, you'd know outside of ATS

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

lol yes I was 'informed' of another site and went and said hi but didn't join up. Not sure why, just preferred ATS.

I am more surprised than anything...

maybe I am too quick to have member relationships? lol but you do form friendships with members especially if it has been over years.

oh well, lost another friend !! mwah

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

reply to post by badw0lf

lol yes I was 'informed' of another site and went and said hi but didn't join up. Not sure why, just preferred ATS.

I am more surprised than anything...

maybe I am too quick to have member relationships? lol but you do form friendships with members especially if it has been over years.

oh well, lost another friend !! mwah

at least there is one good thing about being banned - I was actually good friends with a member, mckyle. Unfortunately, Matt died. I thought having a mate on line was one thing, but losing one was a real wake up.

Miss that bloke, for someone I never knew the face of, it's hard to consider, really..

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

at least there is one good thing about being banned - I was actually good friends with a member, mckyle. Unfortunately, Matt died. I thought having a mate on line was one thing, but losing one was a real wake up.

Miss that bloke, for someone I never knew the face of, it's hard to consider, really..

sorry to hear that. I feel sad now.

I think the good thing about making friends online is that you 'get to know their mind' before you meet them and I think there is a deeper understanding. I am sorry to hear of your friend passing. Sure, I would rather a person I have got to 'know' online get banned than die.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Note to self:

Do not become your friend.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
People get too big for their britches it seems.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I feel you on this one. I am rather saddened today because Esoteric Teacher got banned today. I was learning from him, and now I have no way to contact him or continue our conversations.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I can't count on both hands and feet the number of bright, intelligent, well regarded members who have been busted out of here since I joined back in 06. Some of whom were highly respected people who had commited countless hours and efforts into their work here on ATS.

Unfortunately, most of them had not mastered the sacred art of STFU, as in "knowing when to".

I have always found the mods here to be fair, or at the least willing to give you a clear and concise warning sign before you are made to walk the plank.

Those who would choose to ignore that warning sign do so at their own peril.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Esoteric Teacher Got banned?? What is going on around here?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It seems now you cannot search for banned members? How would I look up Eso's last posts to try and figure out what got them banned? Whn I went to member search it now says, members in good standing.

How bizarre, and creepy. I gues onc banned you do not exist??

Thanks for bringing up this rant. Every day my eyes are opened more and more.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
my "points" are also in the negatives. lol

Pretty lame when they take "1,000 points" from you for quoting someone and not shortening the quote before posting.

1,000 points? for that? lol ok.

I understand "excessive quoting" is annoying and unnecessary,
but it was a freaking mistake,
Do we really need "points" taken for such thing?

I honestly dont care about "points" of any kind,
but You cant even change many things in your profile if you dont have enough "points" . lol

p.s. what did esoteric teacher get banned for?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Here you go ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If it makes you feel better, I have had one friend on here get banned ( This was before I was a mod). The advice you offer is sound and if my friend had followed it, I am certain they would still be here)

When you get upset ( and it will happen) step away from the computer. ATS will still be here when you get back. Take a break and calm down. Even I have to take breaks sometimes.

Most of all if you have a thin skin you WILL struggle here. You have to be able to deal with people challenging the deepest of your beliefs, and if you are not prepared to deal with that you will struggle.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thing is, there are just some things that can't be tolerated....and even a quality poster can get banned for behavior that is simply unacceptable.

The down side is, this behavior isn't even always visible to the membership at large. For example, you may have such a member leave threatening U2U's, be abusive in Chat, etc. and most would never know, then the next day, the member is banned, and everyone is left wondering why.

Rest assured that banning is not the step anybody really wants to take, and generally, it's done with a consensus of mods (I know I've never banned anyone without getting other mods' inputs...). There is always a good reason (typically severe and gross and repeated violations of the terms and conditions) that a member is banned.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

good point. We wouldn't know if they are u2u pests = never even thought of that.

The other thing is that perhaps if you want your account deleted you can have yourself banned. So perhaps that is also another factor?

I just read a post on ATS and it sure as hell reminded me of 'another' member's writing style and choice of words. Hmm maybe they rejoin and hide in secret LOL

new topics

top topics

join