It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court says men can beat wife if no marks left

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoufasAnd if you do not want to be beat by guy, don't go and marry retarded/scoundrel/drug addict men hoping that you can change them. Go look for the good/hard working/honored/family men (yeah, I know they're boring...) and you should be fine most of the times.

You realize in those cultures the women don't pick their husbands right?

And here - you don't know. Even good people do bad things sometimes. You could go to your Church, and marry the charitable missionary pastor who volunteers to feed the homeless 4 nights a week, and then find out that he does this sort of thing after he has some sort of bad experience or after you are already pregnant.

Which is btw, how it most often happens. You fall in love. He's great. Treats you well. Then you get pregnant, and one day he blows a gasket and hits you. While you are pregnant. This is one of the MOST COMMON scenarios. You are already invested rather completely.

This isn't something you PLAN for. No one is going - You know what, I want me a man who is going to punch me in the stomach while I'm pregnant and he's had a bad day. I'm gonna go get me one of those.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

How about we discuss what assault is.

You start.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

You're trying to suggest it should be lawful to beat a woman like a man because they demand equal rights.

You only wish that I`m trying to say such a thing.

There are many situations I think you and your wife could find yourself in,that you have not stopped to consider in this.

Purely for an example of situation....

I would have no problem with man handling such a woman if my Mrs was attacked,I wouldn`t take myself away from the situation,I don`t believe you or anyone else would either....(this event happened recently where we live)

The victim (your wife).....

(click on the second pic for her injuries)
www.perthnow.com.au...

The perp,with no remorse some time after the attack.....
www.heraldsun.com.au...

Now that was woman vs woman,it can easily be woman vs man also.If repeatably attacked one would have to defend themself,to suggest anyone would be less of a man for doing so is false.

I do know one thing, men can't efficiently do what a woman can do and the same vice versa. Since these differences are offset, yes equal rights should apply to them.

Man that is too much of a general statement,there are many women in the world that could drop a male physically.I shouldn`t need to prove this to you.

Let me give you an example. My wife can't get out and crawl up under our car to change the oil or change the brakes as fast as I can and I can't get in the kitchen and prepare a meal equal to what she can without destroying the entire kitchen.

Well on a personal note,this also is the case in our home,yet because this would probably be the norm it isn`t always the rule.

Our abilties and inabilities offset one another and together we're whole. 2 = 1

Yep same here and good for you Intelearthling.
edit on 19-10-2010 by gps777 because: link

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

But it IS illegal for a woman to do that here. It is illegal for ANY person to abuse another.

Exactly, thats why I said it was socially acceptable as oppossed to legally in the UAE

The law applies equally - that people don't think to apply the law to a woman who abuses doesn't mean it CANNOT be.

Exactly again,I have no idea why your trying to say,I`m saying otherwise?

In that vid I posted even the police officer didn`t want to interveen when it was female vs male,so its not hard to imagine the grief a male would recieve for reporting a female for abuse.

I can only see that life would be better for all if a cord was struck that was in the middle of what life is in the East and West.

I hope that explains my stance on this clearer.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Thanks for the clarity and I do agree with you on it.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by RoufasAnd if you do not want to be beat by guy, don't go and marry retarded/scoundrel/drug addict men hoping that you can change them. Go look for the good/hard working/honored/family men (yeah, I know they're boring...) and you should be fine most of the times.

You realize in those cultures the women don't pick their husbands right?

Of course I know they have a different culture, that was meant for western societies.
Cannot do much about the those women other than feel sad for them as I am not part of their culture.

And here - you don't know. Even good people do bad things sometimes.

They only do if they have some sort of mental illness or problems with anger management. You can choose not to get involved with them (after you find out how they really are) , or take the risks.

You could go to your Church, and marry the charitable missionary pastor who volunteers to feed the homeless 4 nights a week

You could, and the chances you would get beaten by this kind of person are way way lower than someone who is naturally a jerk/scoundrel/worthless piece of trash/etc etc , unless they fit in the category I said before.

, and then find out that he does this sort of thing after he has some sort of bad experience or after you are already pregnant.

These kind of men are either too weak to handle their own emotions or have some kind of illness, as I said before.
Anyways I view men that would hit a pregnant (or not) woman over sheer angryness as not fit to be a man.
I am perfectly fine with self defense , though unless the woman is some kind of psychopath I see it would hardly be necessary the use of brute force to get out of this dilema. Force is easier, some men just like taking the easy way out (to prison ! hah!)

Which is btw, how it most often happens. You fall in love. He's great. Treats you well. Then you get pregnant, and one day he blows a gasket and hits you. While you are pregnant. This is one of the MOST COMMON scenarios. You are already invested rather completely.

You fall in love, He seems to be great, He treats you well, you then get to KNOW him better, you are absolutely sure you want to have a family with this man in question, and thanks to our great advancements in medicine there are quite MANY ways to avoid undesired pregnancy, quite easy and accessible to the common citizen.

You then decide if you want to marry him or not (or live together and share expenses, whatever you consider "getting together for real") , you have indeed invested quite a lot in this relationship, but you are careful. You are looking for stability.

Well if even then you got the wrong guy, and he beats you over some "bad" things (the words "weak man" keep popping in my head non-stop omgz) that might have happenned, guess what? That guy is not fit for a relationship. You can either choose to leave and start over (it is never too late) , or you can stay and take it.
Many women choose the second option and complain, it is a choice.

This isn't something you PLAN for.

Of course it is something you plan for, people should take relationships more seriously, they should take their time before deepening their bonds. That would certainly decrease the risks of getting yourself a Rocky Balboa that loves to hit women by at least 90% lol , and if you are unfortunate to be in the other 10%, you better do something about it if you do not want to be that guy's punching bag ... even if you invested a lot.

You know what, I want me a man who is going to punch me in the stomach while I'm pregnant and he's had a bad day. I'm gonna go get me one of those.

The easiest way for this is to find screwed up men and stick to them, avoid contraceptive methods, know he is retarded and go on and cheat on him or something. He will probably just go and kick your ass, but he was already a scoundrel to begin with, a person with no moral values whatsoever.

The hardest way is to look for "good" guys, who have perfect control over their emotions, do not do drugs, do not have previous history of beating up women, are honored, hard working, are also looking for stability and family, you get the picture... I recommend one of these instead !

A few of those things can be seem right away, others could take more time but most of them can be seen easily.

You may be in for a surprise, but it certainly is better to start right than to start wrong, and in these "surprise" cases those guys were not "fit" to begin with. And that is the point of my argument.

And yes I still believe you would be fine most of the time going the "right" way.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Has anyone actually talked to a female from an arab country? I did every day at my old job. Most of them don't seem to want rights. They want their men to be in control. They accept and love their lives the way they are and many are probably annoyed that people want to change that. I'm not saying any of this is right by our standards, but thats exactly what they are, our standards not theirs.
edit on 19-10-2010 by LunaticBinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
When you are told all your life that wanting something different means God, the only important thing in the World and your only reason for existence, will hate you for doing otherwise.....yeah, I'm sure you're gonna say you're happy.

You aren't allowed to NOT be okay about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Both of you (LunaticBinge and Aeons) bring up good points of discussion.

LunaticBinge it would be fair to say that there are many Arab women who are very happy in their lives just as it is and see no need for change,because they have never suffered the abuses that other husbands that do inflict and have a legal right to physically disapline their spouses.

However there would have to be a certain percentage who would never speak against it purely out of justified fear,that Aeons is touching on and adding to that there would have to be many who simply don`t know any different.

Now in comparison of the East and West many men also live in a real fear as well,whether they admit it or not,because in a divorce/seperation senario a man can easily be reduced (through no fault of his own) to little more than a credit card,with occasional visitation rights(If the mother allows it) to his children and lose his hard earned assests.

Which also makes pussy whipped men,how can a women respect him if he is,simply because he lives in fear of our laws.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
In divorce, several years later most men are FAR better off than their ex-spouse.

In custody cases when men pursue custody they get it 70% of the time.

So while that sounds so emtionally compelling to men who've heard alot of locker room talk about how hard some bloke got it - it should be interesting to you to realize that 7 out of 10 of them would have received custody if they'd pursued it. That the statistics show that 80% of them never even attempted to do so. That the drivel you are hearing isn't supported by any facts, and indeed all facts show that the opposite is true.

Talk is way cheaper than a lawyer and guys who never actually even tried to get good custody have a lot more free time on their hands to come up with good excuses to tell you why they are crying in their cups.

(Oh, and guys, if you aren't this guy you are part of a very small minority. Please resist the urge to lump yourselves in with these cads merely based on the fact that he has a penis and you also don't like your ex.)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Whats the big deal.

Its in a country that has dubious standing on everything. Plus religious motives....always a shame.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

So what your saying here is women will get custody if a man doesn`t pursue it,why did he have to pursue it and she didn`t? which costs him how much while probabbly paying a sizable amount of child support which in a lot of instances leaves him little to survive on,while trying to work and supply child support.

Yet he is somehow supposed to be able to afford a lawyer.That makes him a cad?

Many men have committed suicide because of the hole they have been left in,with little to no support.

Sob Sob pussy men with a penis.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Women do have to pursue it if they are the ones that leave without the children.

Your sob story makes me sad for the children. You'd leave them to who exactly to support?
edit on 2010/10/19 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Women do have to pursue it if they are the ones that leave without the children.

So who ever runs off with the children first or changes the locks is far better off.

Your sob story makes me sad for the children.

Yep ,its also sad for the men who saw no other way.Yet I gather your one women who could care less.

You'd leave them to who exactly to support?

Umm? if I commited suicide, am I writing this from beyond the grave?

edit on 2010/10/19 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join