It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court says men can beat wife if no marks left

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

THE UAE's highest judicial body says a man can beat his wife and young children as long as the beating leaves no physical marks.

It says the man was guilty of harming the women but noted that Islamic codes allow for "discipline" if no marks are left. It also says children who have reached "adulthood" - approximately puberty - cannot be struck.

(visit the link for the full news article)

source

edit on 10/18/2010 by maria_stardust because: repaired link

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
What!!

So long as they find a way to beat their wives and leave no marks its allowed.I`m sure they can easily do that.I could also see these women very reluctant to even report abuse,in the fear of copping more of the same.

What about internal damage, does that count?.

What about stoning that`ll leave a mark or is that just a death penalty?

source
edit on 10/18/2010 by maria_stardust because: repaired link

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Well there is the whole phone book over the leg and hitting it with a hammer.

Seeing they think men should be able to do this to their wives I think we should be able to do it to them, sounds fair in my books. Crazy old white guys, what do you expect?

They're the cheating lying SOB's anyway.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.

They are very good friends with the US.

So is Saudi-Arabia and Sudan.

Look into the attrocities commited there in the name of their disgusting laws.

Yet nearly NOBODY, talks about this.

Thanks for the thread, these things must be shown.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

Well there is the whole phone book over the leg and hitting it with a hammer.

Mate! I thought of the same thing when I read it,but I didn`t want to give them any ideas,I`d laugh if it wasn`t serious.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
lol! I'll bet that the UAE doesn't have the same problems Germany has with multiculturalism.

Funnier yet, one who moves there who doesn't beat their wife would be creating some kind of cultural revolution of sorts. I guess the old adage, "can't we all just get along" is as empty as the air it echoes through.

Is it just me, or does the whole idea of national boundaries seem confining and reminiscent of a prison's border? The beaten wife there would want to move out, and the younger sister of a tramp fond of Britney Spears would want to get in.

These old ideas of Nation States are just that.... old.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Legally or illegally, the statestics show that Women are treated 10X worst in the West, don't let propaganda foul you.

Whether you are allowed to strike your wife or not is non of my concern, because it goes unreported everyday here in NZ, a huge problem, even though you could go to prison for a long time, it is called male - female assault.

Their are men who would strike women even though it is illegal, and their are men who wouldn't strike women even though it is legal.

To add, even though a drunk woman slapped me 3 times, asked me for a fight, and pushed me, I didn't even touch her (all I wanted was the keys to my car). By the way, I'm a Muslim --
edit on 18-10-2010 by oozyism because: add and deduct a little.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Sorry guys,I`m having trouble getting the link to the article up.

There`s not much more to the article but anyway.

testing....

www.perthnow.com.au...
edit on 18-10-2010 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Just because statistics show women are treated worse in the west dosent mean they are,
Didnt you just say it goes unreported all the time?
And dont women have more rights in the west? (correct me if i am wrong)
Of course statistics are going to show women get treated worse in the west if women in the east have no rights, theyd get blamed anyway if they did report it.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by littlecloud
reply to post by oozyism

Just because statistics show women are treated worse in the west dosent mean they are,
Didnt you just say it goes unreported all the time?
And dont women have more rights in the west? (correct me if i am wrong)
Of course statistics are going to show women get treated worse in the west if women in the east have no rights, theyd get blamed anyway if they did report it.

There is reported violence and then unreported violence.

I lived in Afghanistan, half my life.

The rest of my life I have lived in New Zealand.

I know about reported + unreported violence, both in Afghanistan and in NZ.

I have compared both societies.

I have seen both societies.

In the end there is only one fact:
The fact is, that there are men who would strike women even if it is illegal.
The fact is, that there are men who wouldn't strike women even if it is legal.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Legally or illegally, the statestics show that Women are treated 10X worst in the West, don't let propaganda foul you.

Thanks for the concern,but I`m not fooled by this.

My disgust here is toward the law and the ways some men might take advantage of a bad one.

Whether you are allowed to strike your wife or not is non of my concern, because it goes unreported everyday here in NZ, a huge problem, even though you could go to prison for a long time, it is called male - female assault.

I know oozyism,but you left out that men also suffer spousal abuse by women,which goes unreported.

Their are men who would strike women even though it is illegal, and their are men who wouldn't strike women even though it is legal.

Yes,though here in the west women often report abuse when there wasn`t any,the laws should not be wieghted in favour of any gender.

To add, even though a drunk woman slapped me 3 times, asked me for a fight, and pushed me, I didn't even touch her (all I wanted was the keys to my car). By the way, I'm a Muslim

And if you reported her,would you have felt like a wimp for doing so? Turn the situation,if it were you striking her,you would more than likely be arrested.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

reply to post by gps777

To add, even though a drunk woman slapped me 3 times, asked me for a fight, and pushed me, I didn't even touch her (all I wanted was the keys to my car). By the way, I'm a Muslim --
edit on 18-10-2010 by oozyism because: add and deduct a little.

No man touches a woman near me, but that you say "even though a drunk woman slapped me 3 times, asked me for a fight, and pushed me" I am worried about you.

You really are a manly dude, oozy..

A woman could kick me in the bollocks, and ya know, Id have to wonder what I did to cause it, not use it to bigup islam.

just wow...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Why don't you tell us what you would do if a drunk lady slapped + pushed you and asked you for a fight ??

I'm interested in knowing.

I for one don't fight women, nor touch women without their permission. They say a true man is that which can control thy anger

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

reply to post by badw0lf

Why don't you tell us what you would do if a drunk lady slapped + pushed you and asked you for a fight ??

I'm interested in knowing.

I for one don't fight women, nor touch women without their permission. They say a true man is that which can control thy anger

I'd be a man and leave it...

cowards however may have other preferences..

Sorry I can't help you decide oozy...
edit on 18/10/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Yes, the cowards who beat their wifes, the same cowards would beat a women, although in this situation it would have been legal to knock her out, I didn't.

If I was replaced by a cop, you know what that cop would have done right

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

[url=http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/breaking-news/court-says-men-can-beat-wife-if-no-marks-left/story-e6frg12u-1225940334828]www.perthnow.com.au[/url ]

THE UAE's highest judicial body says a man can beat his wife and young children as long as the beating leaves no physical marks.

It says the man was guilty of harming the women but noted that Islamic codes allow for "discipline" if no marks are left. It also says children who have reached "adulthood" - approximately puberty - cannot be struck.

Really is sad. Self defense is one thing, but hitting a women for any other reason shows a
complex of some kind. A male should never have to resort to hitting a female, that means
that he can't handle her and should really look elsewhere. Just because no marks are left
doesn't mean that it doesn't cause pain and suffering. Discipline is a relative term and can
be abused like anything else, extremely sad that these things still go on.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

reply to post by badw0lf

Yes, the cowards who beat their wifes, the same cowards would beat a women, although in this situation it would have been legal to knock her out, I didn't.

If I was replaced by a cop, you know what that cop would have done right

Yep, taken his liberty with her - seen it posted here before, and the usual diatribe of "She was drunk, she deserved it" was spouted.

And it's people who think the west is the epitome of everything evil, who laud this as tolerable. Don't stare at us, look what you do, seems to be a get out of jail free card.

Can't handle a drunk woman? lmao, stay at home.. the world is far more dangerous..

sigh

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

I'd be a man and leave it...

cowards however may have other preferences..

I believe men in the west have been programmed to think along the same lines,do anything else and your less of a man.

I`m totally disgusted by UAE's laws which allows this to be legal.

Badwolf you would not be any less of a man if you had to restrain her from striking you and report her.There are those who may see you as less of a man through the same BS programming.

Why is it here in the west,women are given this free riegn to behave this way to men and men allow them.Likewise men in the UAE should not be allowed the same.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

People tend to attack what they fear. And with the record of womens rights in most countries - including the west to a large extent, there is great reason for that fear.

Though condoning brutality and abuse is far from an enlightened way of coping with it.

The older I get the more I realize that the ways to "heaven" just can't include anything remotely close to religion. And these laws smack of it.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join