It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we attack Earth?...The ATS ET role playing game.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

Why BTS? It has to do with the Xenology of interplanetary species and how we will engage with them if contact is made. I proposed it in an unconventional way in order to get people to think outside the realm of normal thought.
Because of that and the fact that so much ha been going on with UFO talk and disclosure a thread created in Aliens and UFOs seemed a fitting place.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

i'm unfortunately not a majority; in this forum, much less in this thread. i'm sure there are a lot of people who think differently than i do. but when it comes to talking about aliens, i assume their thoughts and concerns are going to be very alien to us. to pin our petty concerns regarding resources, social responsibility and research about the bipeds of the 3rd planet on a plasma lifeform that is part of a hive-mind scattered throughout the galaxy that can communicate instantaneously using quantum entanglement is hubris to the highest extent. but who's to say they are real? any more so than the hypothetical aliens we're talking about here.
edit on 10.18.10 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

By interested, I don't mean taking it. This is what a human would have done, remember, think out of the box

I can't know what I would've thought of doing if I was smarter, but from my views and experiences, I think it would be best to feed my curiousity over the world I've just stumbled upon and study it in depth, however, in a very careful manner, not to interfere in a very direct way to the natural way things went.

Although, who knows...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Interesting to note that an intelligent species may know just how much they can interfere with a life form without altering it. I love this thought because undoubtedly some form of computer may be doing the simulations and the thought of such accurate simulations is awesome to me.

The ability to truly know the ultimate outcome of something or multiple outcomes is such a leap in technology.
I figure quantum computers or the distant relatives of them would be the most suitable design for that.

I have also wondered if science as we know it is basically the same as a child's letter blocks. Those things known as "supernatural" and or transcendental may be a far more advanced science that requires a more evolved brain to comprehend. Those who understand how to manipulate things that are unseen and unimagined.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

What are we going to be?

Well, we’re curious, that’s what we are.

And as to “conquest” of this solar system; conquest implies some kind of physical/military/psychological struggle has taken place to extend our sphere of influence.

You’re forgetting that an “empire” can be invisible, benevolent and altruistic. Empire doesn’t necessarily mean control. It can mean change. And you’re also negating the possibility that any “conquering” force might not actually be a “force”.

That we’re standing back and letting you do your thing - whilst we are capable of the most unbelievable, mind-bending actions - is the kindest act of all. One selfless concept can protect billions just as well as the searing whiplash of any directional hypersurface reed

A belief in the fundamental right of sovereignty of individual species on their own worlds is the protective shield – the unassailable notion – that surrounds the space Earth occupies. You are unique in many ways. We help you to maintain that.

Tyrants?

Only to those “beings” – and I use that word loosely - who operate without consciousness or the binding breath of the soul. And they exist, believe me. Mindless hordes living without intent and intellect; mere destroyers. Only to those meaningless entities can one exercise oppression and domination, as they deserve nothing less.

Gods?

“God” is always one step ahead.

Don’t forget that.

No matter how “advanced” or “spiritual” you believe you’ve become, you’ll never be on a par with the Cause and the Reason.

The cultivators of society?

As long as you’re prepared to destroy what you’ve created. The philanthropic stimulus of new societies is a noble motivation, but it can go wrong. And horribly. Never forget; Chaos is a force that remains unconquerable.

Messianic deliverers of prosperity?

And remove individuality? Remove the need to learn?

Galactic Repo men?

You have nothing in your possession that wasn’t meant for you. How you use your technology is up to your collective conscience.

But don’t forget to include the counsel of your heart, too, in those decisions.

Death?

In kindness: frequently.

Morally, often.

As an aggressor; never.

This does not necessarily mean we just destroy the flesh; more often a concept, a belief that has become something bloated and rotten, is the target of a vital surgical excision. And the resulting fall-out is never easy to witness.

Though we wield the energies of the very fabric of space/time, and traverse universes and dimensions undreamed of, we are often reduced to tears by the sadness we have to inflict upon those who are less advanced.

Power cannot and should not harden the heart.

As to those of us who live amongst you; we proudly consider ourselves as being Human.

We live here, we love here, raise families and share your joy and sadness, your triumphs and failures, as they are ours too.

We walk amongst you and you do not see us as we truly are.

You cannot as We are You.

You are Us.

There is nothing separating us but a better understanding of all there is. There is no difference. Skin or eye or hand or colour are but clothing for the wonder that resides within.

To you, we are exotic and marvelous, but the truth is that we are merely Custodians.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Looking at it objectively. I would first look at the planet itself. Are there resources we need or want? Is its location valuable to future conquests? Could we easily reach it back and fourth with supplys and reinforements/

Once i knew exactly what i wanted from the planet itself. I would be better placed to make a decision on the fate of the humans.

If they refused to share resources then total dominance of the planet would be the best option. I could either attack and enslave them. Or exterminate them and set of a civilisation of my own.

If the location was very important to future endevours. It might be worth getting them onside by giving them technology, and having them fight with us as allies. This could actully back fire though and they could turn against us.

If i looked at it in terms of conquest then the destruction or enslavement options would probably suit my goals best. If we were looking to expand our knowlege of other life forms. Then simply observing them would be enough, and maybe help them out if they threaten to destroy themselves. Or just let it happen and take the planet for our oown.

Interesting subject. S nd F

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

WOW. Thanks for that great post Beamish, thats what I want to hear.
Also the concept of conquest I think was applied by me in a tone that sounded militaristic. I simply meant conquest in the sense of success in mastering something difficult,whatever that may be.

As for your other answers exactly on point and I couldn't agree more. I hope that ETs feel the same way.
Perhaps that kind of behavior is as natural as the desire to eat or rink and not something that has to be learned over time.
Something that would be the basis and a good start for common ground between our species.

ONE BIG FAT STAR FOR YOU....one only unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

I think the word conquest has been applied to mean military conquest too much. perhaps the human nature of desiring power. lol
Like I said attacking earth may be one alternative. Im mainly interested in why Aliens are interested.
What is it about earth that would cause them to stop and look? I have read some good books on Xenology and have come to the conclusion that either science is 100% right, or they don't know crap.

ALso I think if attack was on the to do list, it would have happened long ago. Not that we are any more a threat now then we were 2000 years ago. But just that why wait. So that to me rules out attack.
Then you have to ask yourself, what are possible other reasons. The list is surprisingly short scientifically speaking.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I understand what your saying and i tend to subscribe to a similar philosophy. Just to throw a spanner in the works though. What if were already under attack and just dont realise it. Fair enough were not getting beam cannons blasted at us. What if theres a more clandestine operation underway.

They could be attacking us psychologicly, by ceating fear which turns us against ourselves. Then they could either wait for us to destroy ourselves, or come in at the right moment and appear as saviours.

They could be attacking us enviromentaly, by changing the balance of our planet making it unhabitable over a long period of time.

Just a couple of examples, but the list could go on forever. Personaly i think they'd be far more interested in studying us. They have nothing to gain from destroying us except the planet really. They'd then have to deal ith the repopulation and all the logistics involved. So i think were just one big science project. Im maybe athropomorphising here, but thats probably how we'd see them if the roles were reversed.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Interesting that you mention that because I too have stated similar arguments on other threads.
Namely.. The idea of an NWO, not the typical broken down models that occur, but that one everyone fears.
The tyrannical fascist type world order headed by a few. Of course I dont know if this will work but the idea that you can use people in this way is true.

I read back in 2000 I think, that scientists had changed something in a species of ant and when they replaced them in the colony after like 24 hours their scents began to change in the altered ants. What happened next was basically a civil war. Both ant parties were of the same colony but were essentially fooled into believing they were being attacked by another. Consequently that's what got me interested in ants as one of my threads states.

At any rate I can see something happening with people where you change in this case politics enough that eventually they kill each other. However there are many possibilities and I think it could be a wide scope.

By the way no, I don't believe that Rockefeller or Rothschild are reptilians.... Well not literally any way.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

ATTACK EARTH??????
on our budget?
i have to say no! thrice no!.
give em another 18 months they'll wipe themselves out.
i say we have a party till doomsday (theirs that is)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Slartibartfrast said they can have earth, he's got another 6 in cold storage somewhere near dogstar world B.
your investment is safe.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Dear snowen20

As an ET I would first have to consider what my agenda is.

Am I invading Earth for living space for my people??

Am I come to Earth for biological samples to solve a problem we have??

Am I coming because earth has a rear element that they don’t even know about yet??

Do I have some use for the biological entity called humans??

In all cases bar the thired & last one I would just simply get them all out of the way with a simply virus. They would never even see us coming.

edit on 18-10-2010 by MAC269 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Thats good.
Though is sending a virus really the right way?
I mean they have to know that if they create a virus we may b able to isolate it and destroy it.
If it spreads too fast we can catch the people by signs and symptoms and separate them.
IF it is something we can not destroy, is it something they may also be unable to destroy as well?
All I can figure is to send a virus that spreads to men women and children over the span of 3 years with no effects or symptoms. then suddenly exactly 30 years later erupts in to a deadly form.
Everyone will be effected, it kills within hours, and they will have no time to fight it.

Good idea you bring up.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Dear snowen20

Do not blame me the guy who thought of it was HG Wells.

He got it the wrong way around though.

I am guessing that with all the abductions over the years and their far superior Tech that they will manage to create a virus that will only kill of the humans in just a few days.

Just can not see it being a Hollywood blockbuster though.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Yeah War of the worlds was the first thing that popped into my mind.

I just wonder why the delay in an attack if they perhaps have been watching for thousands of years.
I guess in the end we will never know until payday huh?
lol

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Dear snowen20

How many planets have we found now outside our solar system 400 or 500, something like that??

This very strongly suggests that our galaxy is full of solar systems very similar to this one.

Therefore it is likely that we are being visited by more than one race, we may even be descendants of an extraterrestrial race.

So taking into account the length of time since the modern era of UFO enquire it is my opinion that if they were going to attack they would have done it a very long time ago.

Now that is not to say that some new bunch might come along and do just that.

Therefore that suggests that their addenda is not too attack us and not enslavement. Not control or at least not up front. Indeed they may well be what our ancestors call our GODS.

Just my opinion using my simply logic.

edit on 18-10-2010 by MAC269 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Well according to Carl Sagan, there is a paradox where alien visitation is concerned. It basically rules out the possibility that an ET flying a craft of some kind would explore the Earth. It goes like this.
If intelligent life in the universe is really abundant then there will be no reasons for aliens to go to great expense to visit earth. Conversely if there are a few advanced cultures out there it will not be enough to send visitors to earth either due to the vastness of the cosmos.. So it is a paradox.

There are also arguments proposed that question why aliens would go to the trouble of creating a god mythology about them. In legend the gods of old are said to be quite frank about what they are..gods.. in other words if they were aliens then why tell humans they are gods?
According to some criteria by Carl Sagan as well, ETs in order to be taken in scientific light must be understandable by the inhabitants of earth that they are not gods but indeed aliens. It is then up to the ETS to clarify and make no bones about this fact.

This has happened in history for example with the Babylonians and a few others where the visitors made it clear that they were like them but from another place.

Not like the ideas of the titans and gods of previous times where they went to expense to perpetuate a god view of themselves.

If an alien race views itself or is allowing a lesser race to envision it as a supreme deity, then the race allowing it can not be advanced enough mentally to have contacted us.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Dear snowen20

I don’t think it was necessary for ET to call himself a GOD humans will have done that for them. Just look at what they did with a really great guy for Nazareth.

I also think that if ET is really flying these things around our sky’s then some of these guys like Carl Sagan are not coming clean with what they know.

Credible witnesses are seeing these things. So we have a choice to make.

Either they are all nut’s or hallucinating. Meaning these things are not there at all.

They are all ours. Meaning that our governments are hiding technology that would transform the planet.

Or they are ET.

I think they are the latter but there is for sure some explaining to do.

The first two are just too fearful to think about.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Well i do agree with you for the most part.
The question one may have is :

1. what exactly makes a witness credible?

2 Can it be 100% confirmed that what is being seen is indeed extra terrestrial and not something else?

3. Jesus Christ called himself God. All the Gods of old called themselves god, not leaving it open to interpretation by man. In Babylon for example he visitors clarified that they were not gods.

When the Spanish went to south America they clarified they were not gods.
It may be dangerous to make false claims that can come back to bite you later on. So for this reason I disagree.
Otherwise I like your reasoning.

PS i would like to add that while I do quote Sagan I don't necessarily take everything he says at face value. Also there is some evidence that suggests that perhaps he believed in aliens and UFOs as being of ET origin.

edit on 19-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join