It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we attack Earth?...The ATS ET role playing game.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
ATS EXTRATERRESTRIAL FORUM ....Planet: Wherever. ...Race: Whatever:
Debate Concept: Should we as ETs attack the Human Home world known to them as Earth?

We stand on the precipice of sweeping conquest within this star system, the only question we as ETs have to ask ourselves is…What are we going to be?

Tyrants?
Gods?
The cultivators of society?
Messianic deliverers of prosperity?
Galactic Repo men?
Death?

These are just a few of the questions we have to ask ourselves and the time for our action is imminent according to the humans that consider our existence.
Let us deliberate and ask our selves these questions. What are we going to be to them and why should we be it?
Consider our technological capabilities and our resources for your answer.
Likewise consider our knowledge of their history and culture.
What will it cost us and is it worth it to move forward with our plans of interplanetary strategy?

Most of all, for all of us who have mingled among them too long, let us not forget who we are and find our selves referring to one another as humans inadvertently.. *Arrogant Laughter*…Because though it is tempting, we are most certainly not like them.

So please be generous with your reasoning, and state your position. Let us all know where you stand among us that we may better understand the best course of action.

This is the RPG/Extraterrestrial ATS FORUM, not to be mistaken for the ridiculous human forum where they talk about our arrival incessantly. Typical Humans....

edit on 18-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
what? i really thought we we're just here for those delicious big mac burgers? thats why we've been making headlines with those cattle mutilations aint it?

sorry if i killed you're thread already....

edit on 18-10-2010 by dowhatyoufear3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I really hope this thread goes somewhere! I have nothing to contribute at this very moment, and I do apologize but this thread could be really awesome. Like the online equivalence of LARPing!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Please use your super duper laser beam weapon to destroy Washington DC.
This place is where all evil is headquartered. Terminate.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
what? do we even have to think about it? let's just slam the asteroids these humans call vesta and ceres into the 3rd planet of this friggin' solar system so these humans can't oppose us when we build our galactic theme parks in the 2nd planet. now that planet is prime real estate and i for one wouldn't want to go to the trouble of making deals with the planetary authorities of this earth just so i can set up my top-of-the-line rest stop for interstellar voyagers (just to remind you, deep space is mighty cold) on venus.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Any kind of ET's that would be able to reach Earth could care less about us. We would simply be varmints destroying their home. They would sit back and watch, make sure we do not destroy the Earth via nuclear weapons, but I do think they would not intervene.

It would be the equivalent of us waging war on ants. As a species we are still in it's infancy in knowledge and understanding that we would be worthless to them.

If they thought it was fitting to take some of our natural resources I would think they are kind of stupid because they should be mining asteroid belts. They would know that already because they would need such materials in large quantities just to get here.

To me any alien race is sitting back watching at what this akward infant species is doing. Exactly what we do with other non threatening species.

There's probably some inter-galactic rule where civilizations are not allowed to interfere with baby species, kind of like a national park. They be some fines or something.

I hope I made some sense.

Great thread and good ideas will come.

Pred...
edit on 18-10-2010 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

You make perfect sense. I wonder though If WE the ETS have enough time and resource to devote to merely watching these creatures. Here is why?

1. We occasionally according to them do interfere, so much so that we are quite noticed.

2. If we are going to interfere what is gong to be our main goal.

3. if we have a main goal would it not be wise for us to enact it as spending effort coming all the way out here to this planet can be taxing on our resources.
Considering the following as an example of our probable issues.

If we use the estimates presented by those earthlings scientists namely...Carl Sagan among others..
That there may be as many as 1 million species in communication in the Galaxy (including us), or 200 billion stars with an individual life span of ten million years per civilization. If we send out a single probe or ship once per year we may "only" get lucky and come across earth. At that rate, Earth should only be visited once every 100,000 years.
So assuming this is the case with us, I ask you what is so interesting about these creatures that warrants our time? *scratches chin*

Unless we go drastic I think we should play the God card.
You see some of these people look at what I guess they interpret as our craft. calling them UFOs. *giggles*..
And some famous humans have even gone so far as to speculate that UFOs serve a partial substitute for their collective gods. AHHHRGG!!! I say then we should instill in them a God myth that will bend them to our will as clearly they are lacking the quality of intellect needed to fully grasp their place among us.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
TO the rest of you I say ... AGBLVKAST GURGLE MOGRY!!! * Violently slaps tentacle on table*...

Ar you not green blooded depending on your race?
Hmmmm...it would seem I have overestimated your cultural diversity fellow space faring species...

Look I know everyone here likes the beef on earth , and I have argued among the higher ranking GRUNTINFAR BRINDLESTOV...
That earth may very well be worth exploiting, just for the cattle alone, but since we have successfully stocked "Argtal 12" withwell over 20 Billion reproducing cattle clones of superior quality we have no reason for slaughtering the hapless human species for the delicacies and... *Mouth watering*......Burgers.....

That being said I request humbly among my fellow space folk that we collaborate to establish exactly what we do with not only the people of earth but earth itself.

Now I have heard some interesting concepts mostly revolving around our do not interfere polices. I like... I like it.
But there are some issues..
Case in point..

Quote superluminally transmitted via holographic something or other.. from: An Introduction to the Scientific Study of Extraterrestrial Life, Intelligence, and Civilization, First Edition, Xenology Research Institute, Sacramento, CA, 1979:
By Robert A. Freitas Jr

"1. Disturbance of the system -- Since they are the ones with high technology, they will not fear us.1208 Thus the greatest danger to the enterprise is that of observer influence (a common problem in measurement science).77[?] If the mere act of observation will disrupt or destroy the system under observation, it behooves the observer to minimize that disruption. As Richard J. Rosa of Avco Everett Laboratories puts it: "A hundred years [may be] of little consequence to them. The fact that Columbus did not hesitate to talk to the Indians was not without consequences that were unfortunate for Europe and tragic for the Indians. Perhaps our interstellar visitors have learned to be more cautious -- and considerate."344

2. Minimizing the disruption -- An advanced society can certainly make a planetary survey without the primitive indigenous knowing about it.377 As added security in maintaining anonymity, aliens and their artifacts could sport many clever disguises.49 Ufologist Jacques Vallee notes: "To make ultimate detection impossible, [the aliens] would have to project an image just beyond the belief structure of the target society."1189 In fact, it is rather difficult to explain why, if they wish to avoid contact, the UFOs allow themselves to be seen at all.747

3. Standard first contact procedures -- Space faring ETs will undoubtedly be experienced at the business of contacting other cultures. The following has been suggested by anthropologists familiar with the problem:

"Exploration will proceed in a series of ordered steps. At each star the team will investigate the system and locate any planets. If they find a planet they will evaluate its habitability, physical resources and life forms. If any signs of intelligent life are discovered the survey team will have to decide whether to withdraw or attempt contact. This will involve careful observation from a distance to acquire information before actually making contact. At first, in order to gain language skills and social understanding, contact will be limited to individuals in small groups. In this way we can increase the chance of success at the official, formal meeting with ET leaders to arrange recognition and continued contact."

So these crazy apes may be on to something after all...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I would attack if it had resources I could use and i look down and see dumb barbarians (to me) fighting over nonsense, lol just play civilization 4 or 5 and you'll get your answer on how you would proceed

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNewKid

Agreed. Inlight of earths past issues I wonder if humans can effectively be considered a salvageable life form. OR are they more closely akin to a disease? I suspect unless we were to physically alter them on a genetic level they may never leave the violent tendencies behind. Then again, it might be better if we stop them from advancing off world as it appears they are more interested in escaping the confines of their current location in hopes of establishing a better life.

Thats a good sign but they may be going about it all wrong.

It may be wiser if they try to learn how to communicate with the intelligent species on their own planet before they try talking to us. This way they can essentially avoid those embarrassing interstellar social faux pas.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Actually they don't care for our resources. As stated there are so many resources just floating out there in space, more than we humans can even imagine. Which is odd because you would expect a species with so much greed to join together to get into space and get all that stuff once they see it in their telescopes and probes.

What ET's are interested in are our minds, body and soul. We are like computers to them, our brains are like advanced computers it's just the software that needs some work. Once the latter is sorted out we can begin the next phase which is physical healing and upgrading of the comp..err human body. Just look at it from their perspective, there's like billions of computing power but the software isn't finished yet so they can't use us properly yet.

Again, they don't want our planet without us, they can terraform any dead rock in space if they choose. Well why don't they you may ask, well they do it all the time it's just that two Earth's can't be too close because there are energetic fields humanity can't detect yet, this has something to do with the virtual world where our software resides also known as "the astral space". In there humanity can shape things which will be like their and our home.

It's a pretty good deal if you ask me, ofcourse being human isn't easy but neither is being one of the ET programmers looking at the many ways your work is hurting itself without being able to do much.
edit on 18/10/2010 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Im not saying you are wrong...I just have a hard time visualizing it. But it makes some sense, thanks for the contribution. Actually I like the concept of astral space. I hope you can go more into depth on what exactly it is and how it works.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
i can breed better tasting space cows in the gas giant beyond the asteroid belt. its got more high-quality methane than that blue-ball of a third planet can ever produce. and who in its right mind would want to observe or conquer those virus-like bipeds who are slowly destroying the ecosystem of their planet? huh!? who needs problems?

anyways, i'm off to magrathea to pick up the new planet i ordered. so just leave a message in the event horizon of the black hole beyond that interstellar cloud just beside the armpit of orion, ok? i'll get back to you in a couple of light years...
edit on 10.18.10 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

I was thinking more on the lines of bio-hazard, sanitation engineers.
Our job is to remove all bio-hazard waste in the universe and dump
it all on the earth.What we hadn't taken into consideration was the
ultimate result of our dumping.What are these things growing on
that planet earth?
Oh,those are the humans?We really need to call the exterminators
and have them spray that planet.Humans,disgusting,filthy creatures
and they are trying to explore space?They need to be stopped before
it is too late.They will breed and take over the entire galaxy.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

The problem with humans is that they will spread in every direction but will not advance mentally beyond club carrying cave dwellers. What this means is that in all likelihood we will be forced to perform a global sterilization process.

We should consider putting our finger into their lives and maybe we can wrangle them onto the right track without being to overt about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Judging by the posts I can see that the majority of Human kind obviously thinks low of themselves.
Comparing themselves to viruses plagues and the like.

Maybe we should eradicate them because they lack confidence in themselves. Just like at school bullies like to pick on the insecure kids. Perhaps the same holds true for ETS. Oh I mean we.. the ETs.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Im not saying you are wrong...I just have a hard time visualizing it. But it makes some sense, thanks for the contribution. Actually I like the concept of astral space. I hope you can go more into depth on what exactly it is and how it works.

That would be a very long post and would be like a spoiler, you're supposed to figure it out yourself.

Maybe if you accept the idea of existence as something which is 100% physical and 100% the opposite of, just visualize 2 pillars representing something opposite of each other (you know the physical pillar already) and when you think of them at the same time, there's something going on in between, that is something astral being generated, which is like neither of the 2 things I mentioned.

Now if you would "mold" that substance (which is just like a thought) which is in between the pillars which represents you, you can start to interact with the astral space. You can never cease interacting once you have begun, however you can "adjust" the intensity of the interaction down to a minimum in order not to be disturbed or distracted by it during your daily (physical) activities.

If you have any problems there is a way to cover the 2nd pillar but that should be done by someone else in mutual agreement, don't underestimate this.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
To get a better view of how an ET much more evolved than us would look upon humans and the planet Earth, it's not a bad idea to think out of the box.

More evolved=more knowledge=things we haven't seen and simply are out of our knowing system. Imagine it like seeing something that we're far from explaining with our current knowledge, if you see such and try to explain it to others, you won't know the right words to use, just because there still haven't been such ever written. And in various, if not most, cases you will just take something from your experiences and known world to explain your sighting - UFO, God, ball lightnings, crop circles, out of body experiences, weather balloons and chinese lanterns and all of that matter. And when we talk about a civilization that has the ability to travel in greater distances than we can and thus are considered to be of higher intelligence than we are, we can only make assumptions, and using logic discredit certain possibilities.

Example: Having so much resources in space, as it was already said, I find it illogical for ETs to visit Earth for minerals and such. Unless they are looking for something specific that's not easily found throughout the Galaxy. From there on I can only speculate over the possibilities for them to have accidentally come accross us when exploring space, heard some of our signals and thus came to look closer, or whether they ever left our Solar System (we all know how many arguements there are for that theory) and if not, then they are watching over something they created.

So many different possibilities and these are all not to be known or proven for sure. But what we could do is, first of all, reconsider what could be of great importance for beings, further ahead of us in evolution. IF these can travel through such great distances and are already doing so, I don't think they have a problem with their fuel or any of that sort.

Still, what I find to be a rare thing in such a vast place as the Universe we know (and it's vastness is hardly imaginable by any human, although many lie to themselves that they have any idea) is life. If our studies on the subject are correct and life is not something too common in the Universe, then if I would be an ET who has lived through a nuclear age to evolve further (which obviously I think needs some reconsidering of the beliefs held before this nuclear age) and to have the opportunity of space travel for long distances, I would be most interested in life.

Another thing going along with the false belief of understanding of how huge the Universe is (I'm talking about realising it, not reaching certain numbers or anything like it), is how small we actually are. Although, small doesn't mean insignificant. And these are one of the greatest mistakes that needs reconsidering.

Of course, there's so much to speculate about, I'm just throwing some ideas.

And I believe they will shed some light on your own thoughts, as well. Glad to have been of service!

Cheers!
edit on 18-10-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
im pretty sure this should be in BTS

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0
To get a better view of how an ET much more evolved than us would look upon humans and the planet Earth, it's not a bad idea to think out of the box.

Absolutely, and that's why I made this thread to do just that.

Example: Having so much resources in space, as it was already said, I find it illogical for ETs to visit Earth for minerals and such. Unless they are looking for something specific that's not easily found throughout the Galaxy. From there on I can only speculate over the possibilities for them to have accidentally come accross us when exploring space, heard some of our signals and thus came to look closer, or whether they ever left our Solar System (we all know how many arguements there are for that theory) and if not, then they are watching over something they created.

I dont think they would really have a problem with resources either, not do I think they would be interested in taking what we have, why would they?
But unless they have some method for traveling faster than light or teleporting themselves their greatest loss of a resource will be time. something that as I pointed out above may be very very long. I can only speculate about how they managed to come across us though, unless they are responsible for our turmoil.

So many different possibilities and these are all not to be known or proven for sure. But what we could do is, first of all, reconsider what could be of great importance for beings, further ahead of us in evolution. IF these can travel through such great distances and are already doing so, I don't think they have a problem with their fuel or any of that sort.

Another fine point. Until we can better understand some of the more intelligent species here on earth like, dolphins, whales, and greater apes and at least learn how to more effectively communicate with them, talking and intermingling with aliens may be irresponsible.
All in all I believe that life may be abundant, but intelligent life may not be, perhaps they are feeling us out to determine if we are what they consider to be intelligent. Right now we are in the test phase if you will.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join