It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dust or Haze continues in Cali?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Found this info on GLP:

www.astro.ucla.edu...

gregssandbox.com...

Not smog, and the mornings in Cali are always very hazy and the days are also.

What's up?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I believe it's a combination of off shore flow and all the freaking particulates in the air.

Nothing paranormal just a lot of mist mixed with haze. It's Maze.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
ever hear of smog? just that though. ro it might be really humid there.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yeah, it's called the June gloom. Anyone who has lived here for awile knows of this. It is called a marine layer. It is probably coupled with the smog as well. Nothing to worry about. It has happened every year, and I have lived in Southern California my whole life.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I agree nyarlathotep this is nothing new, born and raised in California. Depending on the area, marine layer and or smog and or smoke and or pollen. I'm on the coast in Northern California, Eureka area, and even with some wind there is still the marine layer and pollen that gives a blueish type of haze.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for all the replies!

I know it is June Gloom, but most of the people I know (here in Cali) have commented that this AMOUNT of haze is abnormal. It seems to be getting thicker and thicker each morning and lasts all day. I have been here 6 years and I have never seen the haze like this before, especially up and down the southern coast.

But, I did consider the June Gloom thing too. Perhaps that's all it is, but since there so much more of it these days, perhaps it is signifying an aspect of earth changes which have been ongoing for a whi;e?

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthbeknown

I know it is June Gloom, but most of the people I know (here in Cali) have commented that this AMOUNT of haze is abnormal. It seems to be getting thicker and thicker each morning and lasts all day. I have been here 6 years and I have never seen the haze like this before, especially up and down the southern coast.

To tell you the truth, the past few years it has been a little worse than normal. It used to be that the marine layer would burn off around mid day. There are some days where the haze is around all day. I don't know what has been the difference over the past couple of years.

new topics

top topics

join