It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

coincedence or coincedent a plane a helicopter or both?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
When we blatantly disregard coincedence or two events happening at the same time
We are only looking for the most simple answer we sometimes discount the possibility of coincidence and its mabey costing us a chance at real evidence

Coincident
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Coincident is a geometric term that pertains to the relationship between two vectors. Vectors consist of a "magnitude" and a "direction". Vectors can be said to be coincident when their direction is the same though the magnitude may be different; that is to say, they lie one on top of the other. If two coincident vectors were to be normalized (shortened or lengthened to be one unit long), the resulting vectors would be identical. The dot product of two coincident vectors is the product of their magnitudes. The cross product of two coincident vectors is a vector of all zeros.

Source en.wikipedia.org...

Coincidence
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A coincidence is the occurring of an event in conjunction with any some conditions, e.g. another event. As such, a coincidence occurs when something uncanny, accidental and unexpected happens under conditions named, but not under a defined relationship. When there are no conditions named, the event is just that single entity.
The word is derived from the Latin co- ("in", "with", "together") and incidere ("to fall on"). In science, the term is generally used in a more literal translation, e.g., referring to when two rays of light strike a surface at the same point at the same time. In this usage of coincidence, there is no implication that the alignment of events is surprising, noteworthy or non-causal.
A coincidence does not prove a causal or any other modal relationship nor require any such. In the field of mathematics, the index of coincidence can be used to analyze whether two events are related. Such index does not define any relationship, but just describes some possibility of such. Physically related events may be expected to have a higher probability to occur, probability is the basic metrics, or method, to rationally evaluate physical coincidences.

Source en.wikipedia.org...

The reason i ask is that a Coincident and Coincidence
Can happen at the same time and one does not discount the other or preclude it from happening
The example used is planes there flight path vector produces a dot because of the vector of light to a camera and as a coincidence there is a helicopter in the frame and it is stationary (hovering) it to produces a coincedent to the camera as it has a light

Now the coincidence is that the two vectors are in exactly the same place in the veiw of the camera
The plane changes vector and direction and the lights split from each other and two lights one stationary (helicopter)and one moving (plane)are now separate
Another plane takes of on a vector that intersects the vector of the light from the heli copter and when it is in exactly the same vector as the light from the helicopter lamp the two merge into on light dot or source
Then that plane changes direction and the vector for the light from the plane is different to the light from the heli copter and the light dot separates from one another

As an observer you would experience a constant dot of light and logically asume this is because of planes not a coincidentally placed helicopter
But because you see planes you discount the helicopter
This is an example of when co incidentally two things are happening at the same time
The planes that are evident doesn’t mean the helicopter wasent there
Mabey when two events occour at the same time we can use a coincedent to discount a coincidense and make mistakes in observations
When we rule out two events happining at the same time before we observe something
Because of using the most simple explanation we end up not observing the coincedent or coincidence correctly
if there is one

XPLodER

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
i have seen videos of planes and a ufo together in daylight (U.F.O. unidentifyed flying object)
when this happens at night its only a plane or only a U.F.O.
do night time ufos occour when planes are flying?

xploder

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Hello, I in fact saw a U.F.O. following a plane at night but did not get any footage i tried filming it but by the time i pulled over and got the camera it dove down into to a big valley it was a big triangle craft i could only see lights on 2 points of it and saw it for about 15 seconds and it was no farther than 50 to 60 feet from me as i was pulling over it moved really bizaarly and i had never seen anything move like it before. The previous day i saw a saucer shape U.F.O. and it did the most bizaar thing in front of me that immediately got my heart up a beat i live close by an airport and the only reason i stopped and notice because it stopped in mid air right over my driveway and it wast going slower but the way it stopped and stood there i knew in an instant that it was not anything i have seen before. But the way the triangle craft changed directions was unbelievable i seemed to switch directions little by little but i could see it following through and switching instantly by 10 degrees at a time it looked like a computer game on the old atari but i also seen it tip its nose and go down the valley it was a incredible sighting 2 of which i had never seen or had solid proof of before but i know i had a strange expirience one night i went home to get my wallet to go and buy ciggarettes and dont remember how i got to the next point I found my self a kilometre away from home 2 hours later but still being the same time when i asked the service station attendant and sick stomach and i found scars on me the next day. I told my mum the following week due to finding scars on my body but she said it was my imagination but years later 1 week before i da these sightings i had told my dad my mum and brothers and a couple mate about my expirience and next thing i know i start seeing U.F.O.'s. which brought me a huge sense of relief and i was so amazed by the way that those things flew.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Hatchetman because: silly error

join