It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Last Night (10.17.10) Over Pennsylvania...!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Please ATS, do not hate me, but I hesitate to say that I do NOT have any pictures
I know, it is going to be a little odd but please bear with me, I know what I saw and same with my lady friend. Plus I would like to add that I really do not believe this is a part of the "mass insanity" on this website. If I thought it was insanity, I would not even think about posting it.

I was actually on my way to take her home after being at my house all day. On the way, though, I saw "floating" overhead what at first appeared to be just a lower flying jet. No big deal, I did not think much of it until I got closer under it.

I had started mentioning to my girlfriend about the low flying jet, and said something like: Actually, if that is a jet...It's going incredibly slow unless it's having troubles or is just an optical illusion. The closer we got underneath it, the more we realized that it was low...had far too many lights to be a plane of almost any sort, it didn't make a noise (at least that we could hear driving in my quiet car with the radio off), and it floated slowly North-North West.

At the time we saw it, the sky was dark but still lit enough for my girlfriend to see the outline of the object against the ever so dark blue canvas. She explained it to be the shape of a piece of pizza or triangular. She was positive that it had NO wings at all. The outline I saw (quick glimpse because I didn't want to wreck, and distorted from the almost dark sky) looked a lot like a cylindrical shaped craft that fattened up a bit in the middle. The Lights I saw on the bottom and side of the ship, were interesting as well. It had at least one that blinked (which made me think of a typical helicopter), but all the other lights on it were constantly lit. A light on the side, in fact...the brightest light on the ship, was bright but not blinding bright. It was bright as in, a large window open on the side of the ship with the light shining out of it.

I wish it had been brighter out, and I really wish I had a camera. However, with the observations I gave you, we might be able to rule out some options and bring the list of "possibilities" to a smaller size.

Due to the recent "oh people who see UFO's are crazy" threads on ATS, I really try to refrain from jumping the gun on anything, but like mentioned before, I firmly believe what I saw was at the very least...top secret new technology.

What we saw:
-Larger sized object (ship, jet, helicopter) "floating" at a low speed North/NorthWest at ~7:40pm
-Six (girlfriend counted, then recounted) lights with slightly varying brightnesses and behavior
-At least one light blinking
-No noise that was emitted louder than my car (from the distance we had seen it at least)
-Appeared to maintain a steady speed
-Pizza Slice/Triangular Shaped (we'll go with hers since she actually stared at it)

What we might be able to rule out:
-jet (slow speed, unless it was slowing for landing, but it was going the wrong direction/noise factor)
-2 or 4 seater bi-plane (too large, not enough noise)
-Blimp (Never have many of those around especially later in the evening)
-Weather Balloons (Definitely had some sort of shape, it was not a bunch of balloons)
-Comets/Meteors (taking everything into consideration, this thing was going too slow/was too low)
-Hot Air Balloon (definitely not the right shape)

Those are what I can definitely rule out. Except for the blimp, the more I think about it...the more it seems plausible but we don't ever have any blimps in this area. There are no large arena's (closest is 40 miles away), and no other events going on.
There is a small possibility that it could have been a helicopter but it seemed too large, silent, and had too many lights in odd positions on the body of the ship.

ATS! Help! Let me know what you think it might have been. I do know for sure though, I am not crazy. I posted before about a triangle UFO in the area, but I was the only one who saw it. My girlfriend and I saw it both this time...Plus, it was only about a mile East of my first sighting some two+ years earlier.
edit on 10/18/2010 by philosearcher because: Very, very bad typos.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

Hey there, thanks for posting this on here - you don't have to be specific but what area of PA did this happen? I live in Northeastern PA and didn't hear anything about this. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sum1one

I live about 40 miles East-ish from Pittsburgh (SW PA) and I saw it about a mile and a half from my house. I'm not sure how many other people would have seen it, partially because of it being nighttime and it looking similar to a jet. My only problem with the typical aircraft theory is that I know enough (at least enough to feel comfortable in my conclusion) about aviation to know it didn't really look like anything I had seen before.

The only other reason I could see as to why you didn't hear anything is just because it is either highly classified gov't tech or if it was an actual UFO, might it have the ability to be cloaked? OR others might just assume it is a regular aircraft. To an eye unfamiliar with aircraft (military or civilian), it would look like "just another jet."
edit on 10/18/2010 by philosearcher because: Not having a good night with my typing/english skills

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I saw something similar and thought the same thing "Top Secret Government craft I wasn't supposed to see"

But no ... it was much too large (about 2 miles wide).

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
I saw something similar and thought the same thing "Top Secret Government craft I wasn't supposed to see"

But no ... it was much too large (about 2 miles wide).

are you kidding, 2 miles...wide ???
that would have to be seen by ahole city

edit on 18-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Yeah, unless it was really large but also really high in the sky...If someone is good enough at judging distance, I assume it might be possible. I am actually surprised that more people didn't see it. I know some of the employees thought I was nuts but I walked into the local convenience store (which is just up the road) and asked if anyone mentioned anything...but no one did.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

One was:

Fife Symington - Governor of Arizona

He downplayed it at first, later came out and said "Yep - it was alien".

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Interesting sighting and very well described . You may want to report it here: www.mufon.com... . You could even cut and paste your post .

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Thanks for that suggestion! I'll go over and do that right now. It was very interesting, and still both my girlfriend and I are under total influence that it was an unidentified flying object.

Also, I forgot to mention that on the way home I saw what looked almost like a bollide (large meteor) or something flash through the sky. I was thinking that it might have been the ship (if it was a UFO) flying off into hyper speed - But then I thought "Is that only in movies?" So, I'm not sure if that is anything of interest but I figure I would add it. It very well could have been nothing at all (I saw it through trees after all).

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Your history of threads you have created seems like you just want attention, atsers can note the thread you posted "how do I get more activity in my threads" etc.. or the one about your house being haunted. So I'm inclined to believe this is not a real account, you don't have a girlfriend or a car and your in a basement of some sort.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

If you don't have anything useful to contribute to the thread...then leave. It's not that hard to do. If you want to try and call me out on these claims you have provided, I guess that's your right. Just because I have a thread wanting to know a few tips on making more successful threads doesn't mean I just want attention. If I wanted attention, don't you think I would be claiming prophecy? Or pointing to Glenn Beck or Obama about something? My girlfriend and I know what we saw. I thought I'd share it with ATS and see what you guys thought...But at least most other ATSer's chose to ignore this thread. Unlike you. Besides, who's to say you aren't the one in the basement without a girlfriend. You could be jealous I saw something that you didn't? Who knows...

Well, either way...I figured this thread, along with my latest two other threads would die off quickly because I never get too much attention. That's fine, it's all in what ATS wants to see and if they believe me. They can believe what they want. My claims are true to the best of my knowledge and I am not attention hungry. Just for the record, I posted about the low number of responses to my threads because I wanted to make sure I wasn't writing awful threads...I actually did so because I care about what I post. Unlike you.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by philosearcher
Due to the recent "oh people who see UFO's are crazy" threads on ATS, I really try to refrain from jumping the gun on anything, but like mentioned before, I firmly believe what I saw was at the very least...top secret new technology.

I haven't really seen any of those kinds of threads you describe. Around here, we don't care much for people going nuts and saying they've seen alien spacecraft, because they're making assumptions they can't back up, and skewing the data. Sounds like you aren't crazy, and saw a UFO. Congratulations. Not many people see the real deal, and if you did, you're very lucky.

As for what it was... well... that's kind of what makes it "unidentified." Home grown technology? Aliens? Time travelers? Who knows? Somebody, maybe, but they won't (or can't) say.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Did it look like this???
It was really large and I didn't see any wings it was dark and all I could make out was the lights, these lights were like big and in a row... The body was like black (Shiloette) but could make it out due to the surrounding!!!
edit on 20-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

Hmmm...Actually, the shape of it seems similar to what we saw. The arrangement of lights was slightly different, it didn't have the lights in the curving row like that one. When we first saw it, it was from a small distance away and had caught a glimpse of it sort of from the side. Then when we passed under it, my girlfriend said it looked like a "piece of pizza or triangle." So that's interesting, where abouts did you see that object?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
May I suggest you buzz over to the National UFO Reporting Center www.nuforc.org... and make a written log somewhere common so it may be corroborated by other witnesses.

After inputting your data, feel free to look through other sightings in your area. This is an excellent general research tool accessible for all. It takes a while (maybe at most a couple of months) for the reports to be viewable in the database, so you won't see yours immediately.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I seen it in Saint charles, Illinois... It flew just over me and I was at awee on how big it was... It did as you said... It just floated smoothly by making no sound at all.... I started at it for a good 30 seconds seen the side view and the lights were as in the drawing can trully say there was like 6 as your friend saids up to 8 total in front of it...

The lights in the row, is hard to describe since the objest was black I dont know exactly were the center began... just know I seen light in the middle
edit on 20-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
sakokrap - I will do that as soon as I get the chance. I posted my sighting on the MUFON website, I want to spend a bit of time and rewrite the whole account over again. That way it'll stay nice and fresh in my mind a lot longer

2ndSEED - Both of our unidentified flying objects seemed to have behaved pretty much identically. That's really awesome, thanks for sharing...I really don't know what to make of these sightings.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
hi philosearcher, sounds like a great experiance it sounds like some of the new plains ive been checking out heres some names of them some sound prity much as these, b-2 spirit stealth bomber,, the aurora sr-33a,, lockheed-martins x-33a,, tr3-a pumpkinseed,, tr3-b triangle,, northrops great pumpkin disc,, teledyne ryan aironauticals xh-75d,, shark antigravity helicopter xh-75d,, taw-50 hypersonic antigravity fighter bomber, sory theres a few but check out the pumpkinseed tr3-a it sounds like that one to me good luck. aw just google the names
edit on 20-10-2010 by scott,aussie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by scott,aussie

I agree with you. If it is one of the aircraft you mentioned...I would have to say that the pumpkinseed craft you pointed out would have been the best fit. I don't know how big it is, but the object I saw seemed rather large. Thank you much for all the different craft there, I am going to run through them again...But with the quick flip through I saw - I agree with the pumpkinseed. Still not 100% sure though - Thanks again

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
now worys there is more but that pumpkin one sounds the same but it still could be a ufo hope u find out

top topics

join