It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighborhood in shock over planned homeless camp

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
OP, The parents of one human culture's most recognised characters were also made homeless after being forced from their home, job, community, and everything they knew.

No dignity or assistance was afforded them as they struggled, and with a pregnancy almost due, made the best of what they could find in an outhouse, yet the child who was born very soon after and their parents were and still are, hailed as paragons of human virtue.

Of course, the perspective of their homelessness and struggles will be seen entirely differently as you spend a small fortune in plastic trinkets and overconsumption come December 25th as you celebrate that family I describe and the birth of their son

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Most people, that have never been homeless, could not even imagine what it is like. I ran away from home, and was homeless for a few months. It really sucked, other than I could do whatever drugs I felt like. Looking back in hindsight, I am very lucky to even be alive now. I could have froze to death, easily. My parents were not angels for sure, but at least now at almost 30 I can see they did have my best interests at mind. I could have been the kid of a drug addict home, and they would have never even noticed that I was gone.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

So you're implying that it is the homeless' fault that they do not have homes? They are "burning themselves alive"? It must be nice to be that sheltered and naive; ignorance is bliss, right
?

Also, I hate to break it to you, but the self-immolating monks were nothing short of martyrs -- giving their lives through voluntary torture to evoke change in their country for those that remain. But I guess the monks have a place to sleep now so they are one step higher on this superficial social ladder that egocentric sociopaths create in their shallow minds.
edit on 23-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
reply to post by In nothing we trust

So you're implying that it is the homeless' fault that they do not have homes?

I never said that.

I am not against homeless people owning homes.

And I'm certainly not against homeless people having jobs.

The point of my 1st post was to bring attention to the fact that we as a society are over regulated on everything. Everything thing is illegal. You can't do anything without filling out a pile of papers and complying with 16 different government agencies.

Now on to the point of the thread. Do I want shanty town in my back yard?

No not really.
edit on 23-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
If you bring kids, they are obligated to report the kid to child services to get the kid to a better place to live.

Yes, if you are so poor that you're homeless, the government seizes your children from you.

Around here they then order the parents to pay child support to the government. They threaten with jail time for nonpayment (afterall, they don't have the means to pay and the government knows that when they impute income for them). If the parents sign away their parental rights then the government will drop the case against them.

Families need to stay out of the tent cities if they want to keep their children.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join