It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighborhood in shock over planned homeless camp

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
So much opposition to the homeless having a home. Geez.

Do you think you're a superior human being because you managed to get an education and operate within the system?

Have you ever taken a chance in your entire life, or even left your home town, maybe you still live with your parents

Your fear of the homeless is irrational and based on made up information and zero first hand contact with the homeless. Unless of course you've been personally molested.

So its obvious this is a 1 way train to no where in this thread. You obviously hate people outside the system out of silly fears and I have unending hope for all humanity to better themselves.

My only concern is that if you continue to dehumanize them you may just invoke that which you fear.

But then again, we all get what we deserve in the end.

-G

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

It wouldn't explain anything. I've been in the US. I've seen hungry people in ripped up clothes peer into restaurants in expensive neighbourhoods, ferraris and lamborghinis driving by.

Again, stop trying to bring in more factors. You can't argue with the facts at hand so you reach for more and more straws. Get real.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Ah! The joy of the challenges of the Great[er] Depression 2. Fun stuff.

As I read this, I am reminded of the opening scenes of the movie King Kong (the newer version). Amazing to think that there are boats to float, piano lessons to sit through, soccer games to coach and those unsightly miscreants down at the plywood shelter are making a mess of things!

Lol! I love it. It further reminds me of something else.... "all experience hath shewn that mankind is more disposed to suffer..." Kinda makes it hard to play badminton in the front yard when the cries of the cold and hungry drift across the tended lawn... Love it! S&F!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
So much opposition to the homeless having a home. Geez.

...managed to get an education...?

Hey, lets not forget there are an abundance of .phds out there in homeless land... they got tired of driving cross country truck when they once figured out they were little more than another serf on the Human Farm ;-)

I actually know a few homeless folks who are .phds. Great guys!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

I've been in the US.

I've seen hungry people in ripped up clothes peer into restaurants in expensive neighbourhoods, ferraris and lamborghinis driving by.

Nothing a burst from an AK-47 or a grenade might take care of yes?
edit on 18-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Teach them the greatness of living with virtues in their hearts.

Show them hard work, good education, exposure to the full spectrum of life so nothing is taken for granted.

Take them to the homeless village to meet the homeless so when they grow up and start posting their thoughts online they wont sound anything like some of the people in this chat.

They will be human beings.

link   

edit on 18-10-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: double post, delete

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sakokrap

Ah! The joy of the challenges of the Great[er] Depression 2. Fun stuff.

As I read this, I am reminded of the opening scenes of the movie King Kong (the newer version). Amazing to think that there are boats to float, piano lessons to sit through, soccer games to coach and those unsightly miscreants down at the plywood shelter are making a mess of things!

Lol! I love it. It further reminds me of something else.... "all experience hath shewn that mankind is more disposed to suffer..." Kinda makes it hard to play badminton in the front yard when the cries of the cold and hungry drift across the tended lawn... Love it! S&F!

Oo geez. badminton in the cold?? that sounds dreadful

link   

You still don't understand it do you? Succes is a subjective notion, it is relative, it is not a given. What you consider succes others consider hell and vice versa. We humans make this world what it is. Survival of the fittest? Bull, even in the animal kingdom a stray baby will be taken care of as an own. Parasites and vultures will rip apart a tiny helpless animal, I guess you liken yourself to their characteristics.

Though, by all means, as it is your right, hold on to your pre-conditioned notions of succes, negativity, crime, lack of wealth. It should make you a very succesful man in YOUR eyes. But in the eyes of the many, as you can see, you're not even worth discussing with.

link   

Awesome summation sir! For me- it's important that the kids know how to grow, hunt, find, kill, steal, and manipulate to get their own food. Its important for me to share with them that a new motor boat versus winding another coil for a wind generator is a choice they're going to have to make.

I sure as hell would hope to teach them not to end up in some make-shift camp with a bunch of other folks who may not be tending to their own personal hygiene.

Best case scenario: be independent, starve out the dominant parasite culture and encourage others to do the same. That's the gist of what I'd teach my spawlings.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

WHAT?

You want to shoot a homeless, hungry man looking into a restaurant touching the window mouth probably watering if not too dry, then blast him with a grenade?

You have a sick mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

You still don't understand it do you?

... hold on to your pre-conditioned notions of succes, negativity, crime, lack of wealth.

I understand enough.

You're centrist utopia sucks and community food bank drives to help the hopeless is a waste of time.

Any other questions?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

WHAT?

You want to shoot a homeless, hungry man looking into a restaurant touching the window mouth probably watering if not too dry, then blast him with a grenade?

NO shoot the diners duh.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Centrist Utopia.

Any more pre-conditioned words you want to randomly throw out there? No?

Then I guess we are done here.

(The only question I'd have for you would be deleted so no, enjoy the rest of your days).

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Sigh, see. Why would I hate the people dining? Have they done something wrong by eating there at that time? No. Could they do something? Yes. Did they do something? Yes. A person came out and gave him food. Not everyone though, just the thoughtful people. Certainly none of those living in said neighbourhood that is shocked would have offered him anything.

I have no hate towards the more fortunate, my mind is not preconditioned like yours. But that's okay as I've said earlier.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Once these poor people move into these structures they won't be homeless anymore.

Then as magically as the became low down scummy criminals in the eyes of so many, they will become housed folks; the salt of the earth types that we need more of.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

lol! Those folks in Bremerton are hearty folks
used to the drizzle and often times Navy folks ;-)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I'd rather homeless people sleep at a camp than on public benches. It's no fun when they try to accost you as well.

Just give them a roof over their head and keep a close eye on them and all will be well.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Gotta love the Christian hypocrites.

If I were you, I'd quote scripture right back at them about how they're judging you, etc. I'm sure that Jesus would give you a roof over your head. It's too bad that the majority of his followers are usually arrogant schmucks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join