It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is a grievious thing to be a false teacher of His Word and to be a false prophet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I want to encourage all Christian brothers and sisters to be very careful that you convey and teach the Truth as it is in the Word. For all true Christian's His Word is the Truth. Christianity is looked down on a lot because we have the one Bible, lots of translations, but all kinds of ideas of what it says. In Truth there should be but one following. Really God says what He means and means what He says. Too many times things are taken out of context and applied to substantiate and really doesn't. Prophecy and false teaching is the main thrust here. The false teachings of Salvation is the loss of souls so I will touch on that first. ( all verses given are KJV )

Today it is being taught that all that is needed is to believe and you are saved. Yes we must believe and come to His throne of grace in true repentence and He is true and faithful to forgive. Then He says "go sin no more" Jn. 8:11. We are then to go and walk the walk...To walk the walk we must be born again spiritually, to be dead of the old person we were to a new person in obedience. His Law of Love is no binding yoke as True love keeps the law as it is in the heart of love. The devils believe and tremble and are not saved. Jas. 2:19. To be saved in sin is a lie, all must be overcomers. Read Rev. 21:7. He saves us from the sins we have committed when truly repented of at His throne of grace and then will abide in us to empower us to overcome sinning. He gives us power over committing sin. "Christ in you, the hope of glory". Col. 1:27. To then enter into sin would be trying to serve two masters and that can not be done. It only makes sense to serve the one who loves you and sets you free. His true ones do not commit adultry with another master, Satan.

The prophecy given to us rightly interpreted forwarns us and to be forewarned is to be forearmed. Prophecy improperly interpreted can only be at the most an application of the Bible prophecy. I believe there is repeating prophecies but the one that every point is met exactly is the fulfillment. When a prophet gets up and prophesies and only comes true in part proves him to be a false prophet. De 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

The time element of the prophecy given in the Bible is the first and most important part to be determined. All apocalyptic prophecies a starting time is given, it will be found but may not be easy.

2Pe 2:1 "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction". For more read Jer. 28:15, 17, Hananiah died because of being a false prophet.

One is not a prophet of God unless God sends him, God decides who will be his prophet and not the man.

I only set this out that we all must be more careful for to decieve in any way another person is grievious but at the same time we are commisioned to be His witnesses and so it behoves us not to teach unless we are sure.

The Truth must be had by all. We must have it and have it on every point.

Truthiron

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Romans 5:6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 (For rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person perhaps someone might possibly dare to die.)7 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, because we have now been declared righteous8 by his blood,9 we will be saved through him from God’s wrath.10 5:10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of his Son, how much more, since we have been reconciled, will we be saved by his life? 5:11 Not11 only this, but we also rejoice12 in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received this reconciliation. The Net Bible .....peace

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Christ is the resurrectionbody. £Since this is all about faith:

Apostles of Christ
1So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. 2Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. 3I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

1Corinthians 4;1-5

Warning: wolves in sheepcloathing

join