It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charity offers UK drug addicts £200 to be sterilised

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I think it would be more beneficial to sterilize alcoholics.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by Maslo

What about people who are on legal 'hard' drugs (there are many) - should they also be sterilized?

So if you would sterilize a person who took prescription opiates illegally, would you also sterilize a woman who is on the same drugs but legally?

When someone takes medical drugs that can damage a baby, the person often has to take mandatory birth control pills along with the medication to make sure that no baby would be damaged.

You cannot take prescription drugs that can damage a baby while being pregnant. Doctors specificaly tell you this when prescribing such drugs.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I don't believe you. People get pregnant while on legal and illegal pain killers.

Now answer the questions from my previous post.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by Maslo

I don't believe you. People get pregnant while on legal and illegal pain killers.

Now answer the questions from my previous post.

Do you think that every drug is the same or what? Lots of drugs, mainly those that can be bought freely, do not have any teratogenic effects. People cannot legally take teratogenic drugs while being pregnant, or do you think it is written there just for the heck of it?

Again, doctors do not prescribe teratogenic drugs to pregnant women, and women taking these drugs often have to take birth control, too. Is it so hard to understand?

What about people who are on legal 'hard' drugs (there are many) - should they also be sterilized?

If the drug they are taking is dangerous for the baby, they should take birth control along with it.

So if you would sterilize a person who took prescription opiates illegally, would you also sterilize a woman who is on the same drugs but legally?

If needed, I would prescribe her birth control along with the drug.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join