It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charity offers UK drug addicts £200 to be sterilised

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is just sad. I understand it, but it's still sad.

Hypothetically, $200 could prevent the kid with the cure for cancer from ever being born.
edit on 17-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
By "mental illness", it is meant such as heritable schizophrenia and bipolar disease.
Stress isn't inherited.

Why would anyone object to eliminating tendancies to heart disease?
Would you want to pass this onto your children?

I think you will find some mental illness has a genetic factor, but not all.

My point is, those people who have an increased risk of depression tend to be more emotional, empathic, creative, artistic and sensitive. Why would you want to completely remove the genetic traits that tend toward these human traits from the human gene pool? Surely that would leave us much worse off as a species than we are already. If your going to want to take anyone out of the equation then you should be looking at the genes tending toward psychopathology, aggression, blind compliance, criminality, hatred, warmongering and so on.
edit on 17-10-2010 by the.lights because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Quote from the.lights

If your going to want to take anyone out of the equation then you should be looking at the genes tending toward psychopathology, aggression, blind compliance, criminality, hatred, warmongering and so on.

You just eliminated the entire earth with that idea.

You make a fine point though.

edit on 17-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Quote from the.lights

If your going to want to take anyone out of the equation then you should be looking at the genes tending toward psychopathology, aggression, blind compliance, criminality, hatred, warmongering and so on.

You just eliminated the entire earth with that idea.

You make a fine point though.

edit on 17-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

LOL
Thanks.
Taking them down, one goddamn gene at a time.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
...on one hand, i say its reasonable - because - no one is being forced to comply...

...i dont see drug addicts as vunerable victims incable of making their own decisions... if they choose to be sterilized (even if the choice is made so they can pay for their next hit of crap), its no one else's biz... just like with the right to choose abortion - its their body, their call...

...on the other hand - yes, this program could easily be legislated into in-your-face eugenics - but - so could a lot of programs that are already accepted as okay - such as - designer babies, drugging young kids with behavioral problems, the vitamin market, poisoning our fresh water supply, etc...

...drugs are drugs and junkies are junkies, imo... legal or not doesnt make a difference to me... people who cant get along without their "nerve pills" would have a raging fit if society told them that they were too vunerable to make decisions for themselves...

...so, really, who is attempting to control whom here?...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights

antar:
It may be that genetics should also be a consideration, we can weed out mental illness, disease and poverty at the same time.

thelights:Why would you want to weed out mental illness? The evidence is pointing toward an epidemic of mental illness the causes of which are rooted in the pressure cooker environment engendered by the false construct of the modern world. The only way you start to tackle the mental health epidemic is by dealing with the societal and behavioural problems that are the cause of it - root and branch.

Well I think that you are talking about the ridiculous way they are trying to make everyone out to be mentally unstable, so I should have said we could weed out the psychologists, politicians, priests and clergy!

LOl, what is healthy would be when we can get rid of the murderous sociopath's genetics, the retardation, cancer, and all of the other unnecessary genetic mutations happening.

At least tptb will no longer have to sit and decide behind closed door's the fate of billions of collateral damages made by doing this in other ways such as the release of germ warfare in hypodermic needles, the drug wars themselves, GMO's and all the other devious ways they plot to create genocide rather than going straight to the core of the problem which in many mutated instances now is based in genetics.
edit on 17-10-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

OR... The real cures would then be coming out rather than hidden.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ok, so then the problem is that they will go over board and start deciding if you are on food stamps or watch too much TV or play too many video games, are over/under weight or have a shopping addiction you'll also need to be spayed or neutered...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Two very important comments from that article are below:

Maria Cripps, project manager at the Hackney Dovetail Centre which works with drug users and their carers, said: "I think Barbara uses some very extreme examples to get her point across. It might work in America but Great Britain is a very different country."

"As with all requests for treatment, doctors need to be confident that the individual has the capacity to make the specific decision at the time the decision is required.

BBC News

For those of us in the UK, we can see the full story on this in a programe called 'Inside Out' which is going to discuss this issue.

Its moral in one way, as its not fair on the children, but on the other hand, its a very devious way of population cuts, even if yes its on a very small scale now, but as we know the NWO agenda is a long term strategy, which has been worked on since before the 1st World War.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join