It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does it start? Why hasnt it started already?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
We all know, one day, that *snip* going to hit the fan - hard. hard enough for the other 99% of the population to wake up and realise that they are slaves. Or...is it?

I personaly think our ways of life are never going to change, and the people who run this world now, will continue to run it for a very long.0 time, their wills, will be our ways of life, as they have been for centuries.

Is the population tuned so fine in the elites ways, that it is basicly impossible for a 'revolution'?

Just for an example as what im on about here;

Im very different to my friends, but in the same breath we are very alike. The only thing that seperates me from them is my views on life in genral. I like to think I know whats happening around the world, whos got their fingers in what pies and who really caused what and where. Like you all know, if you look and research for things yourself, you will come to your own conclusion on things, or at least you should anyway. Its 2010, we have the internet - there is no need for multi million/billion pound organisatios to give us our news anymore

I have many of arguments with people i know due to main stream media not covering the real story, or even the story at all. When i say things that i know are like 99.99% fact (and the only reason its missing 0.01% is because it hasnt come and slapped me in the face) - people argue because they havent heard about it, or because the media have said different, or their history teacher said otherwise

What im trying to say is people i know, and this sounds so wrong but *snip* it - they dont know what life is, because its been suppressed - this world is like a 95% controlled enviroment. We are basicly a prduct of a few people beliefs - but yet 'we' dont see this. We are made to believe the western way of life is the only way for a civilized world...and the worst thing is.....we just prod along, going with the grain. O.k maybe a few thousand people demonstrate and protest, but then they just get suppressed and pointed at like a bunch of loonies by the media....and then 'we' believe the media.

Anyway i thought *snip* it so I introduced a few of my friends & family to some sites, and they just say "ah these are all just loonies" "its the interent what you expect" .......wheres the *snip* hope?With these up coming internet laws that are going to be introduced...i think we are *snip*. Without the internet....i personaly think we are utterly foooked. Really, there is no reason for news channels, because its just turned into a mass Entertainment Disinformation News co-op's...

The question is, How does the revelution start. When does it start, and will you be there?

Or even better, Why hasnt it started?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 10/18/2010 by maria_stardust because: edited out several profanities

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
TSHTF has already started, for many millions. True unemployement figures are far higher than those given in the media. Millions are deep in debt, behind on their mortgages, homeless or living with relatives, living "semi-legally" etc etc...tens of millions have no savings and no job security, with the difference between home and homless razor thin. The future is drying up for the young; they see little hope of the careers or lifestyles that their parents enjoyed (those of them who were lucky enough to enjoy the cliche in the first place, that is, which was always a smaller number than one might think from looking at the TV). Life really is is falling apart in real time for many if not most in the developed world.

Expand your gaze worldwide, and the figure for human misery is of course much larger...billions living a life little better than their iron-age ancestors' existence. Well over a billion have no electricity, running water, rudementary sanitation, little protection from the elements, and healthcare that is more likely to kill than to cure you.

There will not be a single "revolution" that fixes everything. If billions can live in misery in the thrid world with minor insurrections and violence but no real change year after year, there is no reason several hundered million or more from the developed world can't join them in a similar way of life.

edit on 10/17/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

im young my self and have had a real bad time getting employment due to my background.

Im not some young stupid kid that doesnt know anything, i had to defend my self in school so i got chuked out because the majority of the school was muslim, and i faught them everyday just to defend my self - which i got penalised for and i am stil to this day. I got chucked out of chool and wasnt allowed in any other normal because of my "Violent behaviour" only schools i was accepted in was bad schools. so i left again with nothing to my name. Not been able to find work i started sale work, knoking on peoples doors to sell products etc, nobody else would employ me and the sales company just used me. Eventualy i left and was uneployed for over a year, and couldnt claim benefits because i lived with my girlfriend - so i had no money. Eventualy the bad side of life got the best of me, and i have been in this cycle for years now, i have been in prison, i have served many of comunity orders (unpaid work). i am not proud of anything i do, but when i have a child and rent to pay - and nobody is willing to employ me, nor be able to claim benefits...then what do i do? what am i left to do? let me and my family starve? i dont know what to do.

The government want to penalise me for my "wrong doings" but yet my "wrong doings"/"crime" are just to survive,
They are not willign to give me any employment and bring work to my country, nor benefits. So where does that leave me and the other millions of me? because i am just the same as everybody.

I just feel something HAS to change, because i am not letting my children grow up in this world of "You do for us, we dont do for you - and if you do for your selfs, your getting locked up"

Really really feel as if there is no hope =/

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm not sure IT is ever going to start - I think this world may be what some religious people think of as purgatory - we're here to learn lessons, and there are wonderful as well as truly horrific things that every one of us can and will experience throughout the life course. Hopefully, by death, we each will have improved ourselves and have understood something more of our true innate power - the god within. Revolutions that do happen appear to be destined, and although many bring about good things, there are always bad (and worse) things that come in their wake. There is no one "revolution" that will fix everything - there is only incremental change and the only true revolution is death.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I understand from experience how easy it is to get stuck on the "bad" side and get sucked into a life of crime because THEY - the people in charge of all of us - make it so people get stuck in the cycle. But in many senses you are superior to the people who think they control you - you have experienced things and understood a part of life that they never will. Just persevering through what life has dealt you will make you a stronger, better and more evolved person if you want it to. Understanding the dark side of life is unpleasant and exceedingly difficult, but it's not bad to understand darkness; in fact, it makes you more knowledgeable and powerful than someone who's had it easy. It opens your eyes to things that many other people will never experience. What THEY want to do is break you and make you feel hopeless and powerless, but no one can truly take away the power that you innately possess.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Why hasnt the revolution started? well it has started,in fact it has always been going on thats why its called a revolution,it just keeps on turning.At this time in history i think the revolution is more of a mental and spiritual one as opposed to the more violent and physical revolutions of the past.
edit on 18-10-2010 by 12voltz because: I can

new topics

top topics

join