It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is with the John Titor stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why is this site revititting what is obviously an old hoax. There is no real new information. What is the point of bringing all these #ake mushrooms back to the light of a discussion board? All the threads are authored by ATS so it does not seem to be an individual who is bumbing all these threads. Is this meant to distract those were sucked in by the AB thing, giving them a new outlet for their excess fear and trepidation? Or is there a better explaination such as the refining of the content for future public release ie book or the like? Maybe this is a how to build a hoax handbook so that trolls can better learn to deceive people since this JT guy sure did go to awful lengths to get people to believe him.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't know if it is a hoax. I read the stuff the person called John Titor wrote a while ago. I do think that there may be too much stuff going on here about it though. Earlier no less than 5 threads ...5!
were on the Recent Posts on the main forum page. Must see if this Waco type stuff starts happening soon.

[edit on 26/6/04 by Hyperen]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
That's funny I was thinking the same exact thing. From out of the blue we're being bombarded with JT stuff.

I think there was an article in a recent NEXUS about it so maybe that's why or maybe one of the ATS mods was involved in the original hoax and want to see what's up.

It is a hoax, if you read it carefully you'll see.

SPiderj

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
New content for the main site. Its an interesting read, its basicly about some guy that appeared on some forum to state that he was a time traveler, read through the information on the main ATS site. When you first read into it, you somehow believe him cause he has done a lot of research into different subjects to back his claims. But after reading into time travelling, we do not have the technology until many centuries later, where as John Titor states we have seven machines by 2036.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy, and we have been brainwash

Thats is why we have been inundated with this stuff, the hole archive reads like a bad fiction novel.
You know is bad but can not stop reading and talking about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolferacerfan What is the point of bringing all these shitake mushrooms back to the light of a discussion board?
There are at least two new books going to press where the Titor material is being analyzed as the valid information from a person from the future. In addition, Titor constantly comes up as a side-topic where someone says "didn't Titor predict this" or "that's what Titor said" and similar comments. Given that interest in this biggest of Internet hoaxes within our core topics (conspiracy) won't die, it makes sense to create the biggest online archive of Titor material, then connect it to the intelligent members of our forum for discussion and analysis... where it is debunked rather easily. If people are going to search on "John Titor" it would be nice if they find him here, along with our information that he was an obvious hoax.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
the best time traveler hoax award goes to that guy who made all the money with the inside stock information a couple of years ago....remember him?

the ones the feds arrested that time?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Textthe best time traveler hoax award goes to that guy who made all the money with the inside stock information a couple of years ago....remember him?

Oh, my god...................I remember him, he said that a time traveler gave him the info, for the stock market, he invested $800 and within months he got millions, and the fed got him, I wonder if he was able to support his claim?

[edit on 26-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Got it.

NEW YORK -- Federal investigators have arrested an enigmatic Wall Street wiz on insider-trading charges -- and incredibly, he claims to be a time-traveler from the year 2256!

Sources at the Security and Exchange Commission confirm that 44-year-old Andrew Carlssin offered the bizarre explanation for his uncanny success in the stock market after being led off in handcuffs on January 28.

tv.yahoo.com...

This is the link, the first time I read this I though it was bolony, whoa...............interesting.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Holy mother of pete!

$350,000,000 in two weeks!

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

tv.yahoo.com...

That "yahoo" story is hoax too...

m...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
SEC statement of the 'stock market whiz' from the future...
sec.broaddaylight.com...
The SEC has not, in fact, brought an enforcement action against any such person.

But weather or not Titor is real, It is a real interesting read, and I am glad that the history and pics are here at ATS all under one roof.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
But weather or not Titor is real, It is a real interesting read, and I am glad that the history and pics are here at ATS all under one roof.

Agreed Smirkley!

If nothing else, Titor was/is an internet phenom of the "alternative" variety. I beleive ATS would be remiss to NOT have it in its entirety.

The fact "John Titor" is still one of the most requested searches on google, Yahoo, etc... speaks volumes to the interest the wired population has to this enigma.

m...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Textthe best time traveler hoax award goes to that guy who made all the money with the inside stock information a couple of years ago....remember him?

Oh, my got...................I remember him, he said that a time traveler gave him the info, for the stock market, he invested $800 and within months he got millions, and the fed got him, I wonder if he was able to support his claim?

That was an April Fool's story that got picked up as a real story (see www.snopes.com) and the reporters who reported it as fact got very very very embarrassed.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There are at least two new books going to press where the Titor material is being analyzed as the valid information from a person from the future.

Oy! ARRRGH! Where's the cotton-picking CLUEHAMMER when ya need it???

(ahem) Sorry.

Given that interest in this biggest of Internet hoaxes within our core topics (conspiracy) won't die, it makes sense to create the biggest online archive of Titor material, then connect it to the intelligent members of our forum for discussion and analysis... where it is debunked rather easily.

If people are going to search on "John Titor" it would be nice if they find him here, along with our information that he was an obvious hoax.

I can see that. (g) I need to write about this as well.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
ha, ha, ha, this titor story, is getting good, he is getting attention, fame, and recognition and I wonder if he is going to profit from it.

And by the way, who is realy John titor?

[edit on 26-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
He created a pretty damn good hoax, and that people were/are inclined to believe him still gets me every time. If I was the real John Titor, I'd probobaly be browsing this board, drinking beer and seeing how many people believed it.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
dead straight. You have to admit its the BEST hoax(?) on the net. All thats required are some Waco-like events this and next year and what a riot it will become.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
to me this guy doesnt seem like someone great or someone who did something cool. It just seems to me that someone had too much time on their hands so they decided to waste everyone elses time too

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm glad the Wall Street whiz story was a hoax... one thing that worried me about that story if it was true: Even if the government can't prove you cheated, you'll get in trouble for simply being good, or being lucky?

top topics

join