It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Website Offline

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I was going through my shortcuts checking on what's new and discovered that the Wikileaks website is redirecting to the Godaddy website. I can't say how long this has been doing this or why.
www.wikileaks.com...

Godaddy is the registrar for the Wikileaks domain name.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (www.godaddy.com...) Domain Name: WIKILEAKS.COM

Source

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Didn't they also close their donation account?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Didn't they also close their donation account?

I guess they did.
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If you go to wikileaks it says there down for scheduled maintenance.

I hope that they aren't shutting down, we need things like wikileaks to stay around for the sake of truth and freedom of the press.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

It says it is down for scheduled maintenance try this link: http://__._/
second line.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
WIKILEAKS.COM pushed there luck and the Feds shut them down. It is that simple. This just goes to show they can do just about anything they want to do and there is little if anything that anyone can do about it. WIKILEAKS.COM is dead, killed by TPTB. Some said it could not/ would not happen will guess what, it just did.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0
If you go to wikileaks it says there down for scheduled maintenance.

I hope that they aren't shutting down, we need things like wikileaks to stay around for the sake of truth and freedom of the press.

I bet that "scheduled maintenance" means having all the hard drives on the servers wiped. I bet if the site does come back it will be only a shadow of what is was before.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think I read an article early
this week that stated Assange
was claiming the Pentagon was
using financial warfare against
wikileaks. Maybe these 2 are
connected. If the site stays down
longer than 4 hrs, then Houston
we have a problem. Be sure also
to check the IP of the wiki
site when it comes back up
to see there are no gov
re-directs using ICANN.
Also use a trace route
to see what IP's are listed
in the wiki ping. Just
some hints

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the little fact that the website is registered as Wikileaks.org, Not Wikileaks.com

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
and then everybody wonders why there is no disclosure...
and why there is no independant investigation of 9/11...
and no charges filed about faked foreclosure papers...
and no bankers sent to jail for the massive derivitives fraud..
and no more reporting on the massive BP spill...
and the legal anonymous foriegn millions coming in to influence our elections...
the wealthy are immune and there is not a damn thing that can be done about it. we are now the UNITED CORPORATIONS OF AMERICA, and the wealthy don't take crap from anybody.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zyzzz
Maybe it has something to do with the little fact that the website is registered as Wikileaks.org, Not Wikileaks.com

As stated in my OP I used a saved shortcut to access the site. I'd saved it after looking up the site a while back. When I marked it there was a wikileaks website on the .com address that had content I expected to find on the site. I didn't know about the .org website.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
They are due to dump thousands of leaked documents tomorrow. maybe that is the reason. They could be shoring up their site or have maybe been shut before their deadline.

Link to info on tomorrows dump

www.abovetopsecret.com...

respects

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You can follow them on twitter. They just posted this:

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If im not mistaken, they are planning a huge upload of leaks on Monday the 18th. With their server being in Western Europe, it is almost the wee morning hours of the 18th already. Perhaps the site is doen to facilitate the 400,000 documents rumored to be leaked. Perhaps they were shut down because of this scheduled dump although probably not. Just a few seconds ago via twitter Wikileaks anounned that The Pentagon has preempted some of their dump with documents released through the FOIA.
link

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
You can follow them on twitter. They just posted this:

twitter.com...

Beat me to it
haha
good job

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
WIKILEAKS.COM pushed there luck and the Feds shut them down. It is that simple. This just goes to show they can do just about anything they want to do and there is little if anything that anyone can do about it. WIKILEAKS.COM is dead, killed by TPTB. Some said it could not/ would not happen will guess what, it just did.

Dont think this is the case. If you look at their latest twitter post, TPTB that you seem concerned with actually preempted Wikileaks by releasing documents of their own through the Freedom of Information Act.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

We are sorry, WikiLeaks is currently underoing scheduled maintenance. We will be back online as soon as possible. For status updates you can follow our twitter feed. You can still visit our IRC channel: * Using the web interface available here * Using regular IRC client, connect to chat.__._ SSL port 9999

Wikileaks.org

Its been like that since Friday. I've been checking every couple hours since Friday and it hasn't changed.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
it's __._,
not .com

it will be back up once their done with maintenance.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The site has been down for at least two weeks that I personally know of. I use to go there at least once a week .

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

Not that I want to start a fight or anything, but you do know they are not credentialed press right? Just saying.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join