It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator McCain's daughter calls O'Donnell a "nut job"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Meghan McCain

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Senator John McCain's daughter said on Sunday that Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell of Delaware, a Tea Party favorite, is "seen as a nut job." "Christine O'Donnell is making a mockery of running for public office," Meghan McCain said of her father's fellow Republican, who recently ran an ad declaring, "I'm not a witch." Appearing on ABC's "This Week," McCain said O'Donnell "has no real history, no real success in any kind of business." "And what that sends to my generation is (the message that) one day, you can just wake up and run for Senate, no matter how lack of experience you have," said McCain, 26, author of the new book, "Dirty Sexy Politics."

I finally agree with a person who is a Republican Conservative!
Meghan is a great person who I wouldn't mind seeing in politics one day.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Two hot conservative women? Jesus!

Source for Meghan's picture. wiki link

This source right here!

Is there something going wrong here?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Meghan McCain's Glamor Secret

I don't know anything about O'Donnell other than the crazy-quotes.
edit on 17-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Will I could care less about her weigh. She is a very beautiful young woman and I'm surprised she's a McCain.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
At the Delaware senate debate she was quoted as saying "Your just jealous you weren't on Saturday night live" to her opponent during the middle of his response.
Also, when asked what recent court decisions she doesnt agree with she responded "Uhhhh oh hmm. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but i will post them on my website, i promise".

She claims the mainsteam liberal media is out to get her, but she's just an incompetent easy target.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Appearing on ABC's "This Week," McCain said O'Donnell "has no real history, no real success in any kind of business." "And what that sends to my generation is (the message that) one day, you can just wake up and run for Senate, no matter how lack of experience you have," said McCain, 26, author of the new book, "Dirty Sexy Politics."

Who does that remind me of... Seems like I should know the guy's name, but I'm just drawing a blank.. You know, that one guy who didn't have much of a background, had very little experience, but ran for one of the most important offices in our country and won because people thought it was a good thing that he hadn't been around very long in the political sphere? Something about him having fresh eyes and new ideas. What was his name....

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

If you're talking about George Bush the machines we're not rigged.
Get over it people.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Nope, not the one I was thinking of. Though I suppose he would probably work too.

Edit: I was being slightly sarcastic in my last post. Obama is who I was referring to. Came out of nowhere with minimal experience and seemingly just woke up one day and decided to run for president.
edit on 17-10-2010 by Jenna because: Clarity

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I believe they would all work. American politics is one the biggest well know scams in history of this world.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yeah, I suppose that's true.
They all came out of nowhere at some point, no one is born a senator, representative, or president. It just struck me as amusing that the very thing she's complaining about when it comes to O'Donnell was one of the things people thought was a good thing when it was Obama running for office.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
OK, I'd like to make a statement
right here.

There is an unwritten rule in
politics that candidates children
are off limits when it comes
to political attack strategies.

But when they openly verbally assault
another candidate then whatever
sludge is thrown their way is fair
game. Meghan opened
up that can of worms on
her own. I have a feeling
she will regret that decision
in the future.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You know I never watch politics on tv but I saw her, Mccains daughter on some show this morning with an English lady as the host. My roommate was watching it when I went out to ask him something. His daughter said this about O'Donnell and she sounded stupid and ignorant when she said it. It was not needed and it's what is wrong with these people. Name calling? Is that really the way to go? It's immature and they are all guilty of it. She complains about things and then goes and does what she complains about. Now I know why I don't watch politics on tv, they all make up what they want to make themselves look good and judge others to make themselves feel better. O'Donnell isn't a nut job, she is just not what McCain's daughter likes so of course to her she is a nut job. His daughter just sounded silly to me and I don't even know who she is. She just didn't sound good to me and the only reason she was on that show with the other people is because her dad is John McCain otherwise nobody would care to hear what she has to say....oh and she wrote a book, go figure.

I don't like politics, they all act like a bunch of children or HS kids flinging poo at each other to make themselves look cool or to win votes. They don't care about the issues all they care about is looking good and making money.

Why can't they just discuss what they want to do and not argue with the other? They waste their time on childish behavior.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Have you ever heard of the quote from a rap group? I forgot the name of the group. But it speaks louder then it does to me. C.R.E.A.M. Cash Rules Everything Around Me. Money is power and people would do anything to keep that power.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ms. McCain is on to talk.

She isn't worth listening to.

l think she is going through a rebellion period.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Yep! Totally.
A rebellion phase. Couldn't think of that one.
"Sarcasm"

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Are you really surprised? I mean, O'Donnell believes in mice with fully functioning human brains. She believes she can stop all of America from having sex. She want's to legislate masturbation. She said she wouldn't lie even if a Nazi asked her if jews were in her home during the holocaust. Then it's found out she lied about her education; she said she went to Harvard, Stanford, graduated from 'xyz' colleges, when in reality she had just graduated from some random college like a few months ago.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Obama was at least a constitutional lawyer and senator who could think off the top of his head major Supreme Court cases, so for you to compare him to her is somewhat ridiculous

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Who does that remind me of... Seems like I should know the guy's name, but I'm just drawing a blank.. You know, that one guy who didn't have much of a background, had very little experience, but ran for one of the most important offices in our country and won because people thought it was a good thing that he hadn't been around very long in the political sphere? Something about him having fresh eyes and new ideas. What was his name....

Obama (and Bush Jr.) at least got elected to one office before running for POTUS. O'Donnell is nothing but one failed campaign after another, not to mention using money donated to her campaign to pay personal expenses. Read the transcript of the debate from last week - she has no ideas. When put on the spot and asked to elucidate on any point she raises, she freezes like a deer in headlights and gives the stock, "I don't have time right now, I'll post it on my website tomorrow." Seriously, people in this region were hoping for a viable alternative candidate when Mike lost the primary. She ain't it.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Jenna

Have you ever heard of the quote from a rap group? I forgot the name of the group. But it speaks louder then it does to me. C.R.E.A.M. Cash Rules Everything Around Me. Money is power and people would do anything to keep that power.

That would be the Wu-Tang Clan. And they ain't nothin' ta f' wit. Or so I've heard.

But seriously, I agree with you. People who actually believe that the politicians running this nation are interested in anything other than staying in power is wearing blinders. They have the ultimate in nice, cushy, well-paying jobs. Why rock the boat?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Yet he was still a relative unknown who came out of nowhere with minimal experience and decided to run for president. So yes, there are similarities. Being able to quote Supreme Court decisions means nothing really. I can do that too. So can plenty of other people in this country. It's not an even slightly useful talent unless in court or in a debate about law.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join