It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangely clear August night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I will start by saying this, I have come to no logical explanation to any of the events that i am about to post. So on that note I was reading A few threads on Ats today when I came across this
www.abovetopsecret.com... , As i scrolled through I started feeling a little uneasy, As I have had a similar...well Very similar experience thatI felt should have it's own thread on here. so here go's.

It was a clear night this past Summer near the middle of August it was probably around 2:30 AM maybe a little later, I was finishing up a late night jog with my fiancee. I still recall the entire night, As I was coming around the corner finishing my last lap, I noticed my Fiancee had slowed down and was trying to catch her breath. So I sowed down so She could catch up and that's when A cold chill ran up My spine and noticed that the air had felt dead and the Town was completely quiet, I just had a general for lack of better words bad feeling wash over me. So I turned around and jogged back to my Fiancee and before I could say a thing she said lets just head Home I feel funny. I said funny how whats wrong? trying to push it but not telling Her I had felt strange as-well, I didn't want to scare Her seeing how We still had a 10 minute walk back to our place. So as We finished walking the track and headed towards the Gate to leave, I started noticing a muffled noise almost sounding like a Plane but too close to be a Plane. I stopped to look around and said to My Fiancee do you hear that noise? She stumbled over Her words and said yeah, what the hell is that. It seemed to be getting louder so i said lets just head Home.
As we proceeded down the Street, I started noticing the noise was picking up My Fiancee said wait listen, I told her I know I hear it lets just get Home. She said no block out that noise and listen, so I did and noticed that I could hear Car alarms in the distance and I was thinking to Myself what the hell is going on.

Next thing I remember was the noise being so loud it was almost too much to bear, Then what happened next I still get cold chills thinking about it. We started noticing flashing lights almost like a Strobe light coming over the trees. I traced the entire tree line and all I could see was a giant shadow of what appeared at the time to be a Blimp with flashing blue lights completely filling the area above the Trees (at least the size of a football field). As it passed over, A very distinct but hard to explain smell filled the air A almost organic smell if that makes any since, Like the smell of wet Grass only magnified.

I tried to look at it and the flashing strobes were almost blinding. I had to look away as much as I wanted to stare at this giant black Blimp shaped shadow, it became to painful to watch. That's when I realized that the town became very dark as it passed over, The Noise was defining when it passed over my fiancee was trying to talk to me but all i could hear was ringing in my ears. We stood there and just stared as this Thing seemingly vanished into the clear night sky at first it became very distant, then it was as if the lights on this thing suddenly went out, and all you could see was the disappearing shadow of it in the distance.

As we stood there all's I could manage to say was it had to have been a Blimp so we continued home not speaking a word, It was a awkward silence for the rest of the The entire walk home the smell still lingered in the Air.

When we returned home the first thing I noticed was our spotlight was out as we approached our place. I asked if She had turned it off, and She told me know so I unlocked the door and walked into a pitch black House not even a flashing clock nothing. So we made our way up the stairs and fell a sleep fairly quickly, brushing it off as a power outage. But the next day when I woke up I nudged my fiancee, And said the power never came back on last night. So I went down stairs and grabbed a flash light, Then headed for the fuse box. I noticed that the master switch had tripped, So I reset it thinking why the hell did it trip, There was only A lamp on with A 60 watt bulb last night, and My spot light when I left. I headed back up stairs I couldn't help but notice the smell was still lingering a bit in the air. I decided to close the windows and turned the air conditioner on.

That day We didn't discuss it at all. My Fiancee headed to Work. When she returned she told me that all over town there was strange graffiti that simply said "aliens exist" that had never been there before. Intrigued I decided to head out to see for Myself. We went out and found at least 6 or 7 tags around town all saying "aliens exist" with a alien head so I said to her I don't think were the only ones that saw that thing last night. I asked around town a few friends and neighbors if they had heard it or saw it, they all told me that around the time the power went out they heard a loud plane, Someone explained it as "what it must sound like to stand next to a jet taking off". I was thinking to Myself so then everyone's power went out not just My power.

Pic of the graffiti
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f37258d4b58.jpg[/atsimg]

After a few days of thinking about it I let it go thinking it was just a series of bizarre events. Then I ran into a old friend I had not seen for about 7 months at the time We went out for a few drinks. While we were catching up I mentioned to Him the noise, and the blimp. Then He told me that it was bizarre because there has been a lot of activity like blue flashing lights, aura like he explained flashing in his woods (he lives in front of a old abandon military airbase that is completely shut down to the public. It has been abandon since we were kids. here are the google earth coordinates of the air base 42.149338, -70.939629)Then after reading that thread I don't know what to think about the entire thing accpet Very bizarre.

I should also add I live about 10 minutes from a major ufo and paranormal hot spot in massachussets en.wikipedia.org...

Mod edit: image tag corrected.
edit on 17/10/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Gosh I really hope aliens don't look like the one in that picture!
The teeth on it!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Very interesting op, so do you live near the swamp ?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chupa-chups

No I live about 20 minutes from the swamp. But I have been there fishing quite a few times Very creepy atmosphere in the area surrounding the Swamp I know people who have gone hiking in the woods around the swamp and will never go back.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

was the blimp anything like this?

star and flag for your story as you always seem a level headed poster.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Very interesting experience techvampyre.
Do you happen to have more images of the different "tags" you found?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Thanks for the s&f, but unfortunately because of the lights, and sound I never actually got A good look at the object itself. By the time I could finally look at the thing it was to distant to make out anything other then it's blimp like shape.
edit on 17-10-2010 by TechVampyre because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tomra

Actually I can get more pics, till this day they are still all around town. They were never painted over.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Great story,been a long time since Ive been to Mass. Sounds like the air was heavily ionized? If you have ever been around an industrial ionizer,they give off a strong odor like bleach.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

It seemed more like a organic earthy like smell if that makes any since, Like if you went outside after a rain storm and the grass was wet. Only it was very strong not so much a bleach smell.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by tomra

Actually I can get more pics, till this day they are still all around town. They were never painted over.

Would love to see some more images if you have the time to get any.
---
I have no clue about what you might have experienced/seen. It would be easy to think that something so large and loud would be witnessed by quite an amount of people. But then again, IF one were to speculate about something of ET origin i guess all bets are off as far as human logic goes. Experimental military aircraft? Could be but, well, just doesn´t ring very well does it.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tomra

Yeah till this day I still find it hard to find words to describe the event. Like I said there is a old navy air base that has been abandon and closed off to the public for as long as i can remember. Strange thing is that even though it is abandon, there is still activity there from time to time. witch doesn't rule out any military testing. i would love to investigate the area more, but It is about a Two hour hike through thickly settled woods till you can get to the gate witch is all closed off, Not to far from the area it took place. Also there are many ufo hot spots a lot of local tales and strange occurrences in the surrounding areas. www.paranormal-encyclopedia.com... And I plan on going out tomorrow morning and getting some pics of those tags before work.

top topics

join