It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America and it's citizen's throughout the world safer thanks to......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Ambient Sound, I don't want to make this an Anti-American thread, stick to the question, Yes or No, Reason...No more.

Thanks for your input.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by Koka]

Oh, I get it, it's ok for a Canadian to call us misled, but not for us to say they are inept?

Nice double standard...
I suppose I didn't understand that this was meant as another "bash the USA" thread. I do now.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
umm... HELL NO!!

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Safer? not, we are not safer, do not let the security we are enjoying here in US fool you, is just a mirage.

When you as a person can not board an Airplane and travel to another country without the peace of mind that you will not become a target from the moment you board that Airplane to the time you visit that other country, no, you are not safe, we are targeted around the world for the simple reason of being Americans.

We the people of American are as safe as our borders take us.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Not safer. We have more enemies than ever thanks to the inept policies of the current adminstration. Heck, we aren't even safer from out own government!

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Safer?! Are you on drugs ?!!

For more than three years I was planning a trip to explore the famous archaelogical digs at the ruins of Ipet Isut (the "Karnak Temple Complex" near Thebes in Egypt) which was supposed to happen in January of this year.

But now, as an Anglo-American, I know that I would be a sitting "duck" if I ever stepped foot in Egypt, or anywhere in the middle east, even not-so-safe-any more "Israel", the capital of state-sponsored Terrorism.

Meanwhile "at home in the good ol' US of A, wire taps are being planted against many people I know, my own e-mails are being monitored, my web-surfing records are being examined and stored etc. all under the guise of the [phony] War of Terrorism.

I wonder if the German citizens prior to WWII felt any "safer" under Adolf Hitler once he started exterminating his political enemies?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
No I don't feel safer. I feel our government is using our fear of terrorism against us. I would like to thank Former President Regan for instituting the Armagedon Plan and you have to love the powers of FEMA.

Isn't this what happened just before Hilter took Germany completely over?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
No safer now then we were before the declared war on terror. All this # has been going on for years before the media focused it's bruised eyes on Iraq and Al Queda. Now the terrors of the mideast are in the limelight, and everyone is yelling and crying for change.

Do I feel safer now? Yes.
Do I feel some of my rights were taken away? Not really.. unless I'm building bombs in my basement and staking out chemical plants I have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
We are actually in more danger now.
Our governemt has allowed things to happen and played on our fear.
War on terrorism = $$$$$$$$ and control.
Not that I am opposed to kicking butt when it's needed and applied to the correct recipient.
We certainly have no reason to be in Iraq, and the reasons we were told we were going were pure lies and our top leadership knew this.

NO WE AREN'T SAFER.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
SAFER?! Nope! For every deterrent over here there are many more terrorist actrivities going on abroad! It has stirred the simmering pot to where it is ready to BOIL over now!!

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
that the US was attacked BEFORE it was at war in Afghanistan and Iraq and that there has been rising Islamic milatiristic fundamentalism since Ayatollah Khomeini.

The UK was less safe in 1940 than in 1939, but does that mean it shouldn't have fought the Battle of Britain?

The Iraq question is more difficult. We will not know for 10 years really if it has paid off.

However, consider the alternative: Saddam and Sons stay in power, sanctions lifted (as was the course previously) and rebuilding WMD.

The US is less safe from car-bombings and assassinations and beheadings. But it is more safe from professional nuclear and biological extermination by destroying Saddam's regime.

The unknown question is whether the political disruption in the mideast in the rest of the countries will have been better or worse looking back in 20 years.

The right answer is not to ask "are we better off than X years ago", but to consider the possible outcomes.

I think that all futures were to make the US much less safe NO MATTER WHAT. Now you have to try to choose the least bad one.

Obviously now Iran is a huge problem as well. Failure to fix one problem doesn't mean that another should be given up on too.

However, note that Iran would get the bomb no matter what the US did or didn't do in Afghanistan or Iraq.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Absolutely safer, Had there aggression went uncontested after 9/11, it would have only caused an escalation in there efforts. No one with half a brain can say the Terrorist would have felt accomplished and walked away. There sense of accomplishment would have only fueled more such attacks, not just in the US but everywhere.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by sniper068]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
crius15

The New york times has just recently confessed that they new of ties between Osam bin Laden and Iraq. They new of these ties even before the 9/11 commission released its reports saying there was no connection. Why was that info never released ? Your right someone is lying but it not the current administation. Bush stood up to bin laden after 8 years of terrorists acts escalating under the Clinton administration. If you just turn your back I promise you it wont go away!!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound

Originally posted by Koka
Ambient Sound, I don't want to make this an Anti-American thread, stick to the question, Yes or No, Reason...No more.

Thanks for your input.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by Koka]

Oh, I get it, it's ok for a Canadian to call us misled, but not for us to say they are inept?

Nice double standard...
I suppose I didn't understand that this was meant as another "bash the USA" thread. I do now.

Ambient Sound, you are correct, double standard it is, although not intentional, I am interested in what US citizens think, not the people who share your borders, so I apologise for picking on you, now pick your pacifier back up.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I feel safer but I never realized the danger I was in prior to 9-11. The attack upon our soil opened my eyes to the real threat of perceived or actual terror related events.
Personally I have not changed my life style but I do watch what the ACLU is doing. Our government is now in a position to act and instead of react to global threats directed at us. Remember the US Constitution states that the federal government is sworn to protect all US citizens from both foreign and domestic enemies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join