It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nafiro2

Also Mcdonalds main goal is not profit. The main goal of any company is not to make money, the main goal is to create value.

friend, could you explain this moment?
i gotn't a little sense of it

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

but whats the point?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

The bigger picture is not whether microbes are "Lovin' It".

The bigger picture is that fast food is laden with salt and chemicals and it will #ing kill you, whether you eat it in moderation or not!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

That food is garbage. And fast food outlets are usually manned by retards. That was my first job as a kid, I barley lasted a month. I never saw so many health hazards in my life. They are usually managed by idiots because they are easily controlled by the owners. They lack common sense. I also witnessed many abuses of individuals with disabilities. You ever see a long line of human saliva fall into a bag of hamburgers? I have.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morphodox18

but whats the point?

Morphodox, you have only posted on the site 21 times, and then your only input is the oneliner above.

What us the point, Please please tell me what the point is.

Why did you even bother becoming a member of the ATS community?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

The bigger picture is that fast food is laden with salt and chemicals and it will #ing kill you, whether you eat it in moderation or not!

Stop generalizing. Firstly, not all fast food is full of salt and "chemicals". Secondly, salt isn't a problem for the majority of the American population.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

The bigger picture is not whether microbes are "Lovin' It".

As a disclaimer i will state again i haven't been inside a McDonalds in at least 12 years other than to buy coffee (black no sugar btw). I dont' eat KFC, burger king etc etc. Even when i eat curry i make the kind without using cream or ghee.

Eating McDonalds food in moderation will i think not be great but i don't think it will cause lasting harm if the rest of your diet is healthy. I hate the fact that extremists like yourself are making health nuts like me stand up for McDonalds, but i won't let lies pass. You need to realise that it is the people who eat this often that are the problem and not the actual companies.

The only time these companies need to be collared is when they advertise to children, but in the end the parents should be taking responsibility for their childrens diet.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

yeah i posted 21 times and said very random things on all of them so i could start my own thread since you have to have 20 replies to be able to start your own thread, And i said whats the point to McDonald's making their burgers non decomposable

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

will i think not be great but i don't think it will cause lasting harm if the rest of your diet is healthy

man, actually, you cannot confirm your guessing properly. in fact, gov. & corpieZ_z suppress these questions too vigorously, they just make good face of hard battle against problem, many official studies have said Nothing for synthetic components in food. however, the logic says clearly one of crucial causes is substitutes of natural stuff into food.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Morphodox18

I don't think it is their intention to make them to not decompose as they do not have to, I think it is a bi-product of the ingredients and addatives used. Sorry to jump down your throat, I didn't know what you were asking and thought you were just being sarcastic. My apologies.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Indestructable Sandwich

SOURCE

First came the atom bomb, the stealth bomber and the airborne laser. Now comes the US military's latest fearsome weapon: the indestructible sandwich.

Capable of surviving airdrops, rough handling and extreme climates, and just about anything except a GI's jaws, the new "pocket" sandwich is designed to stay "fresh" for up to three years at 26 °C (about the temperature of a warm summer's day), or for six months at 38 °C (just over body temperature).

Would you like to eat this sandwich?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y

will i think not be great but i don't think it will cause lasting harm if the rest of your diet is healthy

man, actually, you cannot confirm your guessing properly. in fact, gov. & corpieZ_z suppress these questions too vigorously, they just make good face of hard battle against problem, many official studies have said Nothing for synthetic components in food. however, the logic says clearly one of crucial causes is substitutes of natural stuff into food.

Sorry but i barely understood your pst but lets be clear.

There is no evidence that a diet which is mostly healthy and allows junk food every now and then is going to hurt anyone. At least i have never read a study where they took people with very healthy diets and gave them one junk food meal a week and studied the results.

So i'm sorry but you're guessing more than i am.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Fungi can hydrolyze polycarbonate and rocket fuel. This is nothing more than a sensationalist bashing of a corporate giant. These kinds of stories play into consumer ignorance.

Put this meal in a plastic bag in which there will be ample water activity and there is no doubt that microbes would devour a happy meal. You have to remember, fruits and vegetables have plenty of water in them, as well inoculum growing inside of them.

That's the Real Story behind the real story behind the real story.

When someone says "consumer ignorance" the person saying it must be "consumer educated."

*IF* (and it is a giant leap of if) *IF* you are so educated in food processing correlating to
the exact make, compositional elements that create any McDonald's hamburger
please refute the ingredients list with empirical data, now.

I have personally had a McDonald's hamburger sit inside of my work van
(circa 2005) and it sat there for 1 and 1/2 months. When I finally found it between the
seat/seatbelt it hadn't any mold, nor had it decomposed like normal food does.

-Not in a bag, not in any *controlled* environment you spout off about.
-IN a van that allows moisture to seep in on cold nights.

Conversely I had witnessed a Carl's junior burger (in 6 days) have mold on it.
(Same Van)

So...sticking to just the facts...Please...I'm waiting for an intelligent, concise rebuttal.
The question is will I get it?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

You know my mother used to press flowers.

If she pressed them between blotting paper they would be great, if she accidentily dropped one down the back seat of the car (this did happen) it would mold and go bad.

No doubt the seat absorbed the moisture. Lets be clear, the buns are full of rubbish but it's just like any other bread you buy in the supermarket and many of the preservatives are perfectly natural (ascorbic acid - vitamin C).

In the end however it is down to the indivudal and i can't see why you dare to criticise McDonalds. I used to do this then i realised a simple truth

You don't have to eat it and nor does anyone else.

People eat this rubbish and they know it's bad for them, so when bad things happen then it's their fault. The one choice in your life, above all others taht you are responsible for is what you put in your mouth.
edit on 20-10-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

At least i have never read a study where they took people with very healthy diets and gave them one junk food meal a week and studied the results.

what do you consider "healthy diet"?

People eat this rubbish and they know it's bad for them, so when bad things happen then it's their fault. The one choice in your life, above all others taht you are responsible for is what you put in your mouth.

ans me, please, what do you call "rubbish" exactly?

edit on 20-10-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

You know my mother used to press flowers.

If she pressed them between blotting paper they would be great, if she accidentily dropped one down the back seat of the car (this did happen) it would mold and go bad.

No doubt the seat absorbed the moisture. Lets be clear, the buns are full of rubbish but it's just like any other bread you buy in the supermarket and many of the preservatives are perfectly natural (ascorbic acid - vitamin C).

In the end however it is down to the indivudal and i can't see why you dare to criticise McDonalds. I used to do this then i realised a simple truth

You don't have to eat it and nor does anyone else.

edit on 20-10-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

Again, I didn't list the many times I've experienced where a McDonald's hamburger
failed to decompose (in different environments) where the moisture wouldn't be an issue.

You also failed to see the Carl's Jr. burger DID decompose in less than a week
while the McD's burger couldn't do the same...7 times over.

While I agree all fast food is inherently bad what YOU don't know for certain
what is in them do you?

Of course I don't eat it, and of course it is by choice.
It is also my choice to post in this thread just as it is yours to say what you
feel is prudent.

Since it's obvious to me your opinion isn't any more valid nor *better* than my own
or anyone's for that matter I dare not wonder why you feel I should dare not criticise
McDonald's?

-Because I can, and have eye witness experience in this subject matter
-There aren't any other fast food threads and McDonald's food is the ONLY food that has never
decomposed while in my presence.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

what do you consider "healthy diet"?

Oh i don't know, low saturated fat, medium protein, reducing but not eliminating meat, minimising simple carbohydrates.

ans me, please, what do you call "rubbish" exactly?

edit on 20-10-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

Rubbish? Empty calories, stuff that is high fat, high simple carbs, minimal vitamins and minerals, low on fibre, low on good fats etc etc.

So what was your point?

Oh well i'll go and eat my 5 bean curry now, homemade, without using any added fat
Just vegtables stock, tomatoes, a shed load of spices and herbs, whole grain rice and 5 different beans (hence the name). Oh and a small amount of extra virgin olive oil to fry the onions and garlic

Originally posted by Chinesis
Since it's obvious to me your opinion isn't any more valid nor *better* than my own
or anyone's for that matter I dare not wonder why you feel I should dare not criticise
McDonald's?

-Because I can, and have eye witness experience in this subject matter
-There aren't any other fast food threads and McDonald's food is the ONLY food that has never
decomposed while in my presence.

Hey i didn't say you couldn't criticise, i simply wanted to point out it is misguided criticism. McDonalds is the only food that hasn't decomposed, have you tested every food? I'm just curious because burger king seems to use the same rubbish. I'm limited in my experience i must admit because i buy neither companies food.

In the end you don't have to eat it and nor does anone else, hence anyone who gets sick has only themselves to blame. If they chose to eat healthy then the restruants would quickly adapt to serve healthy food. Check the rise of subway sandwich. They promoted their meals as healthy and boom you have a massive chain that is world wide.

The sad fact? The adverts were misleading. If true healthy food were sold it wouldn't sell so well because it isn't pumped with sugar and salt and so no healthy restruant can make decent worldwide output.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

-There aren't any other fast food threads and McDonald's food is the ONLY food that has never decomposed while in my presence.

gastrointestinal tract must run extremal hard to process so immortal crap

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

gastrointestinal tract must run extremal hard to process so immortal crap

Actually the GI tract finds it harder to digest cooked beans tahn it does fast food. One of the problems with fast food is that it's so easy to digest. The simple carbs spike blood sugar, which then spikes insulin, which again leads to low blood sugar and a craving for high sugar foods.

Vicious cycle.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So what was your point?

natural meat/vegetables/fruits cannot be so harmful, you don't want to eat it very much or frequently. whole my life, i have eaten sugar, meat & other food quite much, but i didn't become fat. most of russians have had the same experience.
actually, Russia had not seen so fatties before mcd's-like/prone have run around.

however, why gov. have allowed to product that crap?

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join