It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery at salt flat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I just came across this website and i have to say..wow..this is really cool..

none of this is mine, i am just putting it here for all ATS'rs to check out...

really odd to see the building was changed from a large door to a smaller door..now that is odd...

salt flat
edit on 17-10-2010 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is really a good find, I love this kind of stuff.
It looks like the author of the site may be risking some kind of indefinite detention if he keeps poking the bear so to speak.
It is taking a while for this pictures to load but so far the reading was cool.

S&F

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Very interesting.

It appears to be Jeff Bezo's "Blue Orgin" location.

"Blue Origin is a privately-funded aerospace company set up by Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos. The company was awarded $3.7 million in funding in 2009 by NASA via a Space Act Agreement[1][2] under the Commercial Crew Development (CCDev) program for development of concepts and technologies to support future human spaceflight operations.[3][4] The company's innovative 'pusher' Launch Abort System (LAS) was one of the technologies that was of particular interest to NASA. To date abort systems have been of the so-called tractor variety, which pulls a crew vehicle to safety in case of an emergency.

Initially focused on sub-orbital spaceflight, the company has built and flown a testbed of its New Shepard spacecraft design at their Culberson County, Texas facility. According to company statements, it initially planned on placing the New Shepard in commercial suborbital tourist service in 2010 with flights about once a week.[5] However, the most recently publicized timetable states that Blue Origin will fly unmanned in 2011, and manned in 2012."

Blue Orgin

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Cool..nice info there...

Looks to me like a lot of this facility might be underground...

what do you think?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
S and F. Nice find. I wonder what is going on? Hey Texas ATSers here is your field trip.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Yea...the photos are great..

I'm surprised he hasn't been warned off..

the last photos are fairly recent too..

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

In a way it reminds me of NTC in death valley where they train you for Iraq.
He makes mention of Spec ops training possibly taking place there, and I see what looks to be a Russian Pavlow Helicopter on the grounds. The sign I cant read but like he said the word "international" is almost unmistakable.

Air defense international maybe? I also saw bleachers by one of the buildings facing out into the fields. A lot of the buildings look very akin to what you would store rocket components, in that they are very tall. that one white one in particular.
Blue origin is a civilian program, yet the individual on the phone said military op. Perhaps they train military out there as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
wow..interessting place..

i wish i had such a camp
..i wonder what its made for..

will keep an eye on this site

thx for sharing

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The first few pics, with the one building and tons of cars in the middle of the desert just SCREAMS underground bunker.

If there's a Russian heli there, WTF is Jeff Bezo doing? lol

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I thought I would post a photo from the location above for those who didnt feel like searching the web.

Goddard prototype suborbital space vehicle

WOW apparently this is their concept of the future of space travel for the above average joe.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Nice pic's...

and the concepts look pretty cool also..

Thanks for sharing...
edit on 17-10-2010 by baddmove because: changed stuf

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Yea...the photos are great..

I'm surprised he hasn't been warned off..

the last photos are fairly recent too..

Warned off? I am surprised he has not been shoot down.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You do know that the last two pics you posted were from the Spaceport America in New Mexico and not the site at the salt flat? The other photos were cool though.
www.spaceportamerica.com...
Construction Pics of Spaceport America
edit on 17-10-2010 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

Not until now.

Thanks for pointing it out. Actually I pulled those off the Blue Origin image search last night. It was 3:30 AM at the time and I was suffering from slow internet syndrome. I just wanted to post some photos and contribute. I should have been more careful, considering they also had pictures of the "Montak Monster" on the same image results.
I tried to post what I knew for sure came from the facility, but became over zealous upon seeing the concepts for the space port.

Sorry everyone,,,My bad.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
I just came across this website and i have to say..wow..this is really cool..

none of this is mine, i am just putting it here for all ATS'rs to check out...

really odd to see the building was changed from a large door to a smaller door..now that is odd...

salt flat
edit on 17-10-2010 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

This was discussed somewhat on Dreamland Resort in August:
www.area51info.net...

Was this also not discussed on here some time ago?
edit on 17-10-2010 by FosterVS because: Forgot some stuff...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I live in El Paso and have seen that blue and white civilian C-130 flying around a few times. The guy said that it usually comes back covered in dirt, and something about Blackwater in the area. I wonder if it has anything to do the the Cartels and the Mexican Drug War.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
On the Dreamland.com website it said that the site plays host to covert ops but that may just mean they use it for training excercises. That may be why Blackwater was in the area, they were doing training. Just an idea not sure if that would be right at all. Also I am not sure if they do very much or any classified testing. As if you look at the link I have provided it shows the launch and land of Goddard and there are pics of chuck wagon style food, a childrens play area and a small grandstand for friends and family of the testers to watch the launch.
Blue Origin
edit on 17-10-2010 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
N196D is totally spook.
N196D at Basecamp
It has been photographed by someone else at Basecamp as well. I suspect the CIA got tired of their assets showing up on the net and decided to get a place with more privacy. Plus for logistics, they wanted a spot further to the south.

While Plan Columbia probably still exists to some degree, these planes are probably part of Plan Mexico, AKA Mérida Initiative. Of course the big question is when it comes to drugs, which side is the CIA on? The other question of course is just how many wars are we fighting?

I'm not one to plug right wing talk shows since they tend to be idiotic shouting fests, but if you are into this kind of stuff, google Brian Suits Dark Secret Place. It is a radio show on KFI, but there are fan sites and legit sites associated with the show that are interesting. Topics often delve into these CIA and special ops brush wars The show has a podcast.

Back to this spook stuff, there are a few civilian airports that host these planes. The one in New Mexico was news to me. However, Bob Sikes KCEW in Florida and KLNX Johnson County are well known special ops /spook sites. Also Pope AFB.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
N196D is totally spook.
N196D at Basecamp
It has been photographed by someone else at Basecamp as well. I suspect the CIA got tired of their assets showing up on the net and decided to get a place with more privacy. Plus for logistics, they wanted a spot further to the south.

While Plan Columbia probably still exists to some degree, these planes are probably part of Plan Mexico, AKA Mérida Initiative. Of course the big question is when it comes to drugs, which side is the CIA on? The other question of course is just how many wars are we fighting?

I'm not one to plug right wing talk shows since they tend to be idiotic shouting fests, but if you are into this kind of stuff, google Brian Suits Dark Secret Place. It is a radio show on KFI, but there are fan sites and legit sites associated with the show that are interesting. Topics often delve into these CIA and special ops brush wars The show has a podcast.

Back to this spook stuff, there are a few civilian airports that host these planes. The one in New Mexico was news to me. However, Bob Sikes KCEW in Florida and KLNX Johnson County are well known special ops /spook sites. Also Pope AFB.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

I couldn't tell about the dreamland one..

and this is the first i heard about this one also..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join