It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Lights may make rare appearance across America from plasma or polar shift?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The news article is here:
www.usatoday.com...

the reason it gives "a Sunday eruption on the surface of the Sun, which blasted tons of plasma into space, according to the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. The plasma is headed toward Earth, which could spark a spectacular light show over parts of the Lower 48 states."

If this is the case should we expect wireless, satellite. and GPS to get knocked out? Can anyone confirm the amount of plasma that was ejected and if it really is on its way straight to America?

Nasa has warned us about it before here:
www.bild.de...

Should we get prepared for early in the day on Wednesday not to have these services for awhile? Could this be the start of the polar shifts?

Here is what is going on with the poles :
science.nasa.gov... a history lesson of poles since 1900s
www.physorg.com... from 2005
what the smarty pants think:
www.physicsforums.com...

Is this just a huge plasma ejection like these guys say:
science.slashdot.org.../08/02/2028228&from=rss

Is there nothing to worry about or should I buy a couple maps to get around town while my garmin is out, and pull out my CDs since my Sirius will be gone, and love life once my iphone isnt usable?????

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think you're safe. When I went to the article you linked to learn more, I saw it was posted August 3rd.
edit on 17-10-2010 by WTFover because: spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Old article. Oh well, there might be some possible sun action coming soon, the northern lights in the summer were missed by me, I am too far north, it stays too light at night here. I'll be looking for the next northern lights display.

edit on 17-10-2010 by snowspirit because: old article changed everything.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You are nearly 3 months out on this one so yeah, don't see it as a problem really.

Nice try, keep the spirit alive

link   
Although I have 0 scientific evidence to support my claim...

I believe that circle developing on the sun is it's way of eventually catapulting the coronal hole

If you look closely on spaceweather.com, you can see the cirlce perfectly encompases this coronal hole as well as 2 filaments are sitting on this circle.

Hopefully, 1112 can get to the East fast before the filaments collapse potentially hurdling the entire radius of the cirlce at us

link   
reply to post by WTFover

You are right, I pulled it from new news of the day so then it didnt happen? Nothing to see?

new topics

top topics

join