It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meghan McCain: Christine O'Donnell 'Seen As Nutjob'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Source

Meghan McCain sharply criticized Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell on Sunday, calling the GOP nominee someone "seen as a nutjob." Speaking on ABC's "This Week," McCain blasted O'Donnell and expressed deep concern that she was able to capture the Republican nomination.

This from a woman who, in her recent book "Dirty Sexy Politics", openly admits to stealing campaign signs? Who's book blurb contains suggests she sees "how far the Republican Party has veered from its core values of freedom, honesty, and individuality"?

"My problem is that, no matter what, Christine O'Donnell is making a mockery of running for public office," McCain said on Sunday.

Oh, I think there is a long line of perpetrators in making a mockery of running for public office, including her father. And, what was the title of your book, Ms. McCain?

"She has no real history, no real success in any kind of business."

And, I suppose being a "blogger", who has previously worked for SNL, makes her the quintessential judge of who is qualified to seek public office.

And for the grand finale

McCain added that "what [O'Donnell's success] sends to my generation is: one day you can just wake up and run for Senate, no matter how [much of] a lack of experience you have. And it scares for me for a lot of reasons. I just know, in my group of friends, it turns people off because she's seen as a nutjob."

It "scares" her that anyone can "just wake up and run for Senate"? Now, if that isn't one of the most blatantly highbrow, pompous, elitist statements I've heard in a while! And, knowing that's how she feels certainly doesn't help the case of her "group of friends" seeing O'Donnell as a "nutjob".

Regardless of how you feel about Christine O'Donnell, I would be more cautious of this spoiled little brat. If you question that observation, take a look at this excerpt from her book. You will laugh yourself silly at the whining of this impudent child.

So statesman-like, Meghan....

edit on 17-10-2010 by WTFover because: BB code correction and added last line

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
Source

...And for the grand finale

McCain added that "what [O'Donnell's success] sends to my generation is: one day you can just wake up and run for Senate, no matter how [much of] a lack of experience you have. And it scares for me for a lot of reasons. I just know, in my group of friends, it turns people off because she's seen as a nutjob."

It "scares" her that anyone can "just wake up and run for Senate"? Now, if that isn't one of the most blatantly highbrow, pompous, elitist statements I've heard in a while! And, knowing that's how she feels certainly doesn't help the case of her "group of friends" seeing O'Donnell as a "nutjob".

Regardless of how you feel about Christine O'Donnell, I would be more cautious of this spoiled little brat. If you question that observation, take a look at this excerpt from her book. You will laugh yourself silly at the whining of this impudent child.

So statesman-like, Meghan....

edit on 17-10-2010 by WTFover because: BB code correction and added last line

Thanks for the book excerpt. I kinda took it a little differently than you seem to have. Self-deprecating, likely exaggerated to make a point and, yes, whiney. Maybe I'm giving her a little of the benefit of the doubt.

The bigger issue for me is the quote above which you posted. One of the points of our system of gov't is just that. ANYONE can just "wake up" and run for whatever they want (so lang as they meet some basic, common-sense requirements).

I agree with you. Her elitist attitude and sense of entitlement make me want to gag. But, alas, you take the wheat with the chaff and all that... For every Reagan (or you pick a great stateseman of your choosing if you don't agree with me) you get a bucket full of "Meggie Macs." Or Cristine O'Donnells.

Really? "Meggie Mac?" She calls herself that? Aside from the silliness of it - Maybe there's some truth to the rumors I've heard of her father's.... instability shall we say? "Meggie" seems for her more than just a kind of inner dialogue. More a fully-formed personality sharing her brain can. Some mental illnesses have a genetic component.

edit on 17/10/10 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Meghan McCain is a joke. Even if you agree with everything she says about Palin and O'Donnell, she's done nothing. She just feigns being a republican as to: 1. not embarrass her dad, 2. make money/publicity from constantly sniping at her own party. People always love turn coats. Meghan is no different than Dick Morris who makes a constant living sniping at the Clintons after working for them. Just a spoiled, rich kid using her fathers name to become some kind of commentator who never has anything substantive to say.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

megan mccain is a nutjob herself and its the pot calling the kettle............................

megan is a r.i.n.o..........................i have watched the numerous videos where miss mccain as describe herself as a "progressive" blah blah yadda yadda...............

to get down to the bones of this comment and then many others megan gives blondes a bad name.....and yeah no one would even be saying her name if her daddy wasnt senator john mccain...............least odonnel earned her own way in to the political spotlight..................meh

edit on 17-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Well, she does have a point....

O'Donnell is a nutjob. I mean her recent "I'm you" commercial is pretty much proof that she's out of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Meghan needs to do more of this -->

...and O'Donnell needs to run a campaign ad like this -->

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You like Christine O'Donnell so you assassinate the character of anybody who criticizes her. It's easier to do that than to come up with a rational, reasoned argument in her favor.

A lot of people debate that way -- using ad hominem attacks instead of logic. This kind of argument is considered invalid in formal rhetoric.

edit on 17-10-2010 by Sestias because: word choice

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

But, how do you respond to Ms. McCain's blatant elitism? To me, it is indicative of the whole of Washington's insiders. Republican and Democrat, alike. They no longer attempt to disguise their sense of entitlement.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Did you read the OP and the sources it addressed?

But, since you brought it up, how do respond to Ms. McCain's "ad hominem" arguments in opposition to O'Donnell? After all, she is the topic of the thread... not me.

edit on 17-10-2010 by WTFover because: never mind... no edit

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Mrs McCain is probably not the best to be saying stuff about potential candidates, however we cant' say that O'Donnell is any sort of worthy politician now can we?

She's just like the other 1950's mentality GOP-Tea Party front runners this year.

It's outdated ideology. Not that dems or the "independants" have anything better as far as platform, but come on, she's the new Sarah Palin really.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Douples bost..
edit on 10/17/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Unfortunately, the rules for this forum, as I understand them, required me to title the thread with the quoted article's title. I would have preferred it to denote Ms. McCain's monarchical attitude. There are plenty of threads devoted to the defense of or the opposition of O'Donnell.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Ohh I agree, I do not like Meghan McCain at all.

She is very "royalty" minded and it bothers me. Another elitist trying to make it seem like her point is more valid.

I think her and O'Donnell are probably more similar than they both would be willing to admit.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

both dumb broads?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Well, as far as her concern that O'Donnell doesn't have enough experience to run, I can't agree with her. I do think that it's a good thing that people without political experience can run for office, and yes, the message should be that you too can just wake up one day and run for office.

Just when you run for office, you should be prepared for anything being used against you. If you cannot handle that, maybe you shouldn't run. But, if that kind of thing is ok with you, then by all means run for office, and if your platform is good, maybe you will win.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Since when did people start listening to this blonde bimbo?

It does not matter one iota what we think about this candidate.

Only those from the state she is from can make a judgement and they will do that election day.

After all Minnesota put a comedian in the Senate.

Calif. has a box of rocks named Boxer.

Nevada has Reid,West Virginia had a t*rd named Byrd.

And we remember she is running for a full term to replace Biden who when he first went to the Senate was told to shut up by the senior Democrats,because every time he opened his mouth he said something stupid.

It is amazing how if a bunch of ignorant people keep electing morans they eventually become senior statesman and of course those of us who know and follow politics are all dead.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by Sestias

Did you read the OP and the sources it addressed?

But, since you brought it up, how do respond to Ms. McCain's "ad hominem" arguments in opposition to O'Donnell? After all, she is the topic of the thread... not me.

edit on 17-10-2010 by WTFover because: never mind... no edit

WTF- I actually sort of agree with Sestias, heres why... I actually do not see the appeal of O'Donnell, on top of that
O'Donnell is getting bashed from every which way, there is no message available that strikes a contrasting message of the positive merits of miss O'Donnell. IMO the best medicine to make Mccain look like a bint would be to promote why Mccains criticisms are so very outlandish. You have done this, but by leveling Mccain, not by augmenting O'Donnell.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Thanks for jumping in here, J.R. Actually, as I said earlier, my intent in making this thread was to highlight Ms. McCain's character. Regardless of one's opinion of Ms. O'Donnell, I believe the McCain statements demonstrate the attitude of the vast majority of those we have put in power.

I did not intend this to be a debate about O'Donnell's mental state. And, it seems Ms. McCain's opposition to O'Donnell is entirely characterized by her sense of entitlement and O'Donnell not being part of the in-crowd.

Meghan McCain sharply criticized Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell on Sunday, calling the GOP nominee someone "seen as a nutjob." Speaking on ABC's "This Week," McCain blasted O'Donnell and expressed deep concern that she was able to capture the Republican nomination.

This from a woman who, in her recent book "Dirty Sexy Politics", openly admits to stealing campaign signs? Who's book blurb contains suggests she sees "how far the Republican Party has veered from its core values of freedom, honesty, and individuality"?

I suppose I should have clarified what portion of the excerpt I was taking issue with. The last sentence, which I bolded this time, is what captured my attention. To me, what she is saying is she is concerned about the establishment Republicans getting the King Louie and Marie Antoinette treatment. I guess I caused the confusion.
edit on 18-10-2010 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
You like Christine O'Donnell so you assassinate the character of anybody who criticizes her. It's easier to do that than to come up with a rational, reasoned argument in her favor.

edit on 17-10-2010 by Sestias because: word choice

A reasonable argument is that people like her will paralyze the government so long as Obama is in office. "Just say NO" is just as good with corrupt government prevention as it is with drug prevention. The last time the government was paralyzed was in the 90's and there was an economic boom. During the times of one party control, we get crap like the Patriot Act, wars, bank/union bailouts, big spending, bills that aren't read, kowtowing to Mexican and Saudi leaders, and all that other fun stuff.

The big problem however is what will O'Donnel do if a republican takes the White House...

new topics

top topics

join