It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War On Drugs and The Cartels...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Blog

And righteousness, indeed, all too often becomes a far greater cause of harm than the original problem; in tandem, problem and solution may combine to turn chronic trouble into unfathomable disaster, especially for innocent bystanders.

Mexico's drug war, for instance, which began in late 2006, has so far resulted in the deaths of 28,000 people and consumed billions of dollars in military expenditures. Meanwhile, government human rights violations are rampant, crime in general is on the rise - and most Mexicans think the drug cartels are winning.

Writing earlier this month in the Washington Post, Héctor Aguilar Camín and Jorge G. Castañeda ask: "If California legalizes marijuana, will it be viable for our country to continue hunting down drug lords in Tijuana? Will Wild West-style shootouts to stop Mexican cannabis from crossing the border make any sense when, just over that border, the local 7-Eleven sells pot?"

I have been looking into and contemplating the idea of the votes coming up in November in California. I am very against the drug cartels in Mexico and i believe this is the best solution to the problem. I found this blog searching around the internet and i thought whoever the author was was spot on and i wanted to share this with everyone here.

When does a solution become a problem? Why are we allowing congress to budget out billions of dollars to create a larger problem? What other issues can we highlight with this idea?

Drug War Clock

-Forgive me if this is in appropriate-
edit on 17-10-2010 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

join