It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 "Bubble Cop" Sues Youtube, and users for defamation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

G20 "Bubble Cop" Sues Youtube, and users for defamation.

www.thestar.com

When he first saw a video of a Toronto constable threatening to arrest a G20 protester for blowing bubbles, one YouTube user was so livid, he couldn’t stop writing comments.

In fact, the man, who uses the alias “theforcebewithme,” can’t even remember writing the specific comment that now has him defending a $1.2 million defamation lawsuit launched by Toronto’s now notorious “Officer Bubbles.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well folks, I do not think of this as BIG NEWS, however I think it is interesting for all of us. I live in the greater Toronto area, and this was big news when the story broke, as people were divided on who was just in their actions. Personally, I don't care whether she was blowing bubbles, she clearly did not intend to harm a damn soul. As if the cop wasn't being a thorn in everyone's side, now he has to go cry about the video and some silly comments on you tube. I currently am enrolled in a journalism program here at a college in Toronto and we are learning about defamation and the whole game behind it. I really don't think he has a case. I mean its youtube, this wasn't the globe and mail treading him down, it was most likely some 16 year old who had the munchies and his mom had not come home to make him dinner. Ironically If you read in to the story, you will learn it was a 59 year old government employee that lives in New Brunswick. If you watch the video you can tell just what kind of guy this officer is. "It's a detergent! If it gets in her eyes, you will be arrested." Are you kidding, our children play with those bottle of bubbles. I used to respect law enforcement, but that was back when they still had "to serve and protect" on the side of the cruisers, cause I know they do not serve and protect my interest.
He's mad over a cartoon and what you tube thinks of him. GROW UP.

Regardless I am interested in what ATS thinks, do you think his actions are necessary?

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-10-2010 by tribaltrip because: Missed important note.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
WOW, just wow.

Bubbles should be thrown in jail for being a prick. I am happy trolls attacked him. And i am happy they will continue to do so.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Public servant, their name is expected to known amongst the public.

If she was arrested for assault for blowing bubbles then I think we can call for arrest any form of matter which contacts our being without our consent and so bakers, McDonalds and other things with forms of diffusion would allow for the public to claim assault.

As for whether or not people can discuss their thoughts openly on an internet forum??

Can he sue lawyers or his collegaues for discussing his conduct?

I'd say a public servant needs to cow tow to the public.

I'd also have him up on abusive behaviour and have him count some parking meters until he understands what his position is.

I'm surprised that no-one took his conduct as inflammatory and took some direct action due to it.

S+F for interesting thread.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ongoing Discussion

Thread closed.

Thank you for your understanding.

new topics

top topics

join