It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning Warning!! I Kill Threads..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I rarely come onto BTS, so I don't know what to expect.
I'm just wondering about something.. In the last two weeks almost every thread I have posted on ended with me.
Now I like to consider myself a moderate contributor of decent posts. I'm certainly no master debater nor am I especially eloquent in what I say, but I like to believe that I can at least offer my 2 cents with out dropping the conversational ball.

That being said...Should I and/or could I change my name to Thread_Killa?
Because like I said it seems that ....(OK I'm reaching now and paranoid perhaps)...That I have been killing threads with my presence..
Just an observation at any rate.
Has anyone else felt this way?
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

if yu are right...noone could post here now..cause it allways ends with you

ah sh** ...i can post here...so you must be wrong

maybe you post on dead theads?

edit on 17-10-2010 by angrydog because: add

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Reluctantly I answer you....LOL

We will see wont we.

edit on 17-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i proof you wrong!!

na well maybe you check on dead threads ?

i dont know :O

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

You know, I really don't know what to make of it as it is something that has recently started happening.
It seems like a thread is making good headway, or is doing well, then when I come on its like everyone gets quite...haha..yeah I know in a written thread.. Anyway..then posts start to slow down real quick then I thinking everything is normal so I post and suddenly everyone is gone,and I'm left talking to myself in an empty room.

Its actually funny as hell. Oh well whatever I was just wondering if others have felt this way.
It may have a lot to do with my geographical location. I know there are many posters from America and Europe that are on when I'm about to go to bed as I live in Asia currently. Time differences you see. But if that were the case why is it there is no one posting the next day...and the next... My ATS just says snowen20 all lonely like. lol
edit on 17-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There are days I actually pity those on whose threads I post. I think, poor ole thing doesn't realize this will be the end of thread.

Or do they?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i use only the "new topics" button last days..and i can tell you..

there so many new topics on 1 day..cant count it

i see 20 replys on some threads in just minutes..everyone jump on them..and its dead sometimes in 1 hour..
or less
i think its just a bad timing for you

or maybe you said something horrible a while ago and anyone have you on the banlist ^^

but i dont think so.. ;D

try the "new topics button" if theres a new thread and the same happends...THAN i really would think about it hehe
edit on 17-10-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Maybe you've got yourself a reputation. Maybe your the voice of reason on threads where people just want to indulge in pure fantasy.

Just choose carefuly what threads you target, some people dont like it when points of view dont match there ideology and if you come across as smarter than them. They'll likely abondon the thread rather than face getting made a fool of.

Just an idea. Probably the wrong one but im putting it out there anyways

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Originally when I first started coming on to ATS I thought I would recognize a pattern in peoples postings.
For example why some threads that are ridiculous suddenly have an influx of 20,000,000 Flags and stars within the space of 30 minutes, while conversely threads that are interesting and important die out with a fizzle.

However...As it turns out there is no rhyme or reason to it I believe and in fact if you are on the poop list of metaphysical or divine properties then I suppose you get screwed in threads. It's a good thing that ATS and posting are not related to ones eating and drinking requirements, otherwise many would have been weeded out along time ago while the masters of ATS rule the threads. lol

I think it is weird that ATS in a sense reminds me of high school popularity contests. I wasn't unpopular in high school but its like when a noob comes on and suddenly ROCKS the hell out of ATS with mediocrity I'm like..."Seriously,...Come on?? "

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Oh Kryptic....Dont I wish I could bloat my ego to match your theory..lol
Wouldn't that be great?
Well we both know most people on ATS are the smartest people in the world not to mention God's/ Natures gift to mankind.. At least that's the impression I get.

I like most everyone on ATS whether they agree with me or not but sometimes I wish the motto of ATS was " DENY ARROGANCE"

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

lol, i agree.

There has been many occations where ive let my arrogance rule my posts. So im happy to put my hands up.
I guess it depends on what mood im in.

There could be many reasons why threads die on you, i does'nt neccisarily mean its your fault. You could just be unlucky. Ive noticed some people on here have post buddies and they only reply to them alone. I've also noticed that when people see your right on something, they wont post to tell you, they'll just do a runner.

Just one of those things i guess.

The psychology of the poster, is an interesting subject. Its amazing what impresions people form about you, or you about them from words alone. Call yourself something sciencey and put a math symbol as your avatar and people will likely take your word as gospell. Call yourself something freaky and put a witch as your avatar and they'll think your a fruit cake. Non of which are nccisarily true. Its all about perception.

Maybe people form some crazy impresions about you from the way you write or whatever.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Maybe you just so smart theres no need to go any further? or no one wants to afiliate themselves with you?

or the topics you post in are boring?

i can go on..

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Post buddies is a funny one. I have noticed that too. In fact I may very well be guilty of that my self. Though I try to give everyone the benefit. Where Im concerned I would rather find a common ground with someone than fight with them over trivial issues. I don't care what they believe or think. Funny considering I'm a christian and I will just as easily befriend an atheist or a professed witch as easily as anyone.
I believe in free speaking and no holds bared conversation but I hate ridicule and I despise ad hominem attacks on anyone.

Forum psychology is something I'm now expecting you to create a thread about...I find that very interesting.
I like the connection you make between avatars and credibility...sweet. lol not to mention 100% accurate.
I suppose if I get an avatar of Sherlock Holmes I will soon have a "subject matter expert" or "master researcher" title under my name. Very assertive point you make.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

It may be the posts are boring to most, but the last guy??? Come on...surely not.
Its probably a conspiracy to eliminate me because everyone now knows Im...The one
whatever that means.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That happens to me sometimes. I thought I was the only one lol.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

In my years of lurking and contributing to ATS I have seen everyone become a thread killer at least once. I know I'm not the only one I just like to point out the little annoyances we as posters face.

Such as:
The thread killer.

The thread where you are the only one being attacked by everyone else.

the thread where you are the totally ignored and the buddies talk amongst themselves. I hate that kind.

The thread whiners.

The irrational and unprovoked flamers.

The thread haters

The thread trollers

The "I have my fingers in my ears lalalalaalla... LA LA LA *I cant hear you* LA LA LA... thread.

The Thread where someone posts a picture and asks you to debunk it, and when you kindly attempt they jump down your throat for trying to debunk..WTF??

The Im a disinfo agent thread..

The I will try to piss you off by using the
emoticon TOOO MUCH...oh and dont forget the
for that extra cutting and snide commentary.

and many others. lol..yeah there are a lot of annoyances to being a poster.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Thanks for the laugh. I know you were serious but thanks anyway. It sounds like you've been through a lot. Keep on truckin'.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
totally feel you pain, sadly it sometimes keeps me from posting because i dont want to kill it.
also the "ignoring post". i post something i fell is pretty insightfull...no response
or the "I JUST SAID THAT" post. a post where i mention something and get ignored and someone comes in and says the same thing and get a response....

haha, your not alone

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If you reply enough, eventually you will be the last person to reply to a thread. It probably doesn't mean much, except that you were the last person to run out of coffee.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dowhatyoufear3

LMAO..
yeah I hate that. That would fall under my "Your not popular enough to be acknowledged thread."

Especially when you take the time to write out a clear and concise and meaningful post only to be rolled over by the next guy three posts down that says it incoherently. haha

I think we may have all been in both those positions. Good points.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join