It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time lurker, first time posting...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
How many times have you read that? For me it's true. I have been lurking here for a while and finally decided to join today. I am not a debunker, I am a skeptical person who has had a personal experience that I cannot explain. I'm getting pretty aggravated that I cannot seem to find any answers.

I don't know if I can find any answers here or not, but I thought I would at least add my voice to the controlled chaos that defines ATS.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

another long time lurker

welcome to ATS..is it me or is there alot of "coming out" last days ?

i mean alot of long time reader come out now..i think thats good...or?

anyway..welcome

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS.

Enjoy the topics and share your experience if you wish.

eee.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thanks AngryDog. I think it may be a good thing that people are joining in. I feel like I have been in the closet too long. It's good to know I'm not the only one looking for answers.

ETA: Thanks EEE. I'm too private a person by nature to divulge personal information. I haven't even discussed what happened to me to my friends or family. Probably never will.
edit on 17-10-2010 by SunshineLaws because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

well now is the time to share your experience

you more than welcome here with that.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLawswelcome!!I lurked for quit some time before I joined as well,I joined when I realized that the posters could not hear me replying out loud lol, actually it was a thread I had to comment on that finally made me join.this is the first site I've ever joined and find it to be highly informative and entertaining,.again welcome

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Hi SunshineLaws, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Signature Guidelines

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome Twilite22. The forum looks very different once you are logged in.

I appreciate the advice Sauron. I have been a Moderator before and Admined a social board several years ago. I really am not in a rush to start new threads. I'm not a fan of boards that have 10 threads on every new event that happens. It just muddies up the board to me. :shrug:
edit on 17-10-2010 by SunshineLaws because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

i believe for ATs you have to use your psy filiter, for reason that you already know about. I have been doing the same here beings everyone has there opinions about how to run things i dont feel as bad with mine now...Thank you ATS!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the advice Achaius. I'll bare that in mind whilst I surf the subjects I am interested in. Which is just about everything.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
welcome,
I have just joined recently also. I have been searching for answers for some time because of a "feeling" something wasnt right . Mostly what I have found is more questions rather than answers, but I will keep searching

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Welcome! Ha, there does seem to be more of us long-time lurkers joining up. My journey includes experiences that compelled me to dig and look for others who had experienced the same things. I kept silent here for 4 years because A) I was busy developing my own opinions and B) I had some fantasy of possibly flying under the radar as far as the TPTB goes ha.

The "visitors" I experienced as very real as a 5 yr old have always fascinated me, but I've always been able to consider that against the possibility that this fairly widespread phenomena stems from the psychological/subconscious realm.

Years later, however, the huge, orange, brilliantly lit, very defined ball of what looked like churning plasma definitely wasn't some stray & mysterious psychological/subconscious figment. Alternately dimming to nothing in the darkness and then to its full-blown swirling brilliance. Dim, bright, dim, bright six times as it apparently rose into the sky from the peak of an adjacent mountain ridge. Good luck on finding someone who has had similar experiences to your own. Peace.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Oh no kidding Viking. There are too many hoaxers and charlatans out there to be able to get a grasp of what is really going on. I'll keep forging ahead. I guess the old platitude "anything worth having is worth working for" applies to searching for the truth.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That is some experience you have had there The Gut. Now I'm chuckling because I'm speaking to The Gut as opposed to listening to mine. Thanks for the welcome.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Okay, I have a stupid question that I don't know where to ask. So, I thought: "Hey, why not put it in your intro thread? After all, you are only a couple of days old here, am I right?" Probably not, but I will press on anyway... :c D

I was very interested in the discussion about the "foundry electrode" that looked so much like the infamous "Bob White object." So much so that I was composing a second post when the thread was closed. When I clicked "Post Reply" I got the "you do not have permission to post in this thread" message. I was stunned at first, wondering why, what, huh? Then I backed out of the post loop and read the message from a super mod that the thread was closed.

So what I would like to know is how do I find the answer to my questions about these objects? I do not want to go against the TOS by being off topic in other threads. I would just like to ask some questions about what other members know as fact. The search function wasn't much help.

Just Curious. Thanks in advance for your help.

top topics

join