It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Stop Posting Jupiter As An UFO Sighting!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Last day's I saw more and more of silly UFO sightings. People are filming Jupiter and Moons and tell it's an UFO. I also saw pictures of Jupiter in the FOX News(!) and they called it "UFO over New York". So If you take binoculars or a HD Camcorder you can see this at the sky these days. It's a wonderful picture Of Jupiter and his Moons:

You can find it in the southern sky.
edit on 17-10-2010 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2010 by cushycrux because: Added 2nd Video

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
if you can see it in the southern hemisphere would you see it in new york?, is it visible in the northern hemisphere also?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yes i see it in Switzerland nearly every night.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Uhh...

Not at the same time!

Download stellarium.org... it's a very useful tool to have.
edit on 17/10/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

link   
reply to post by cushycrux

o.k. i just thought southern hemisphere was below the equator, and northern hemisphere was above it.
not quite sure how it can be in the southern but visible in the north, but maybe it's something im just not understanding so don't worry about it.

link   
I think it should be mandatory to download Stellarium when you join ATS.

I myself only downloaded it recently but I have to say it's just such a great program, and it's free. Personally I don't understand how you could confuse a planet with a space craft, but anyway that's just me.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I mean the southern sky, not the earths hemisphere.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

got you

thought you meant below the equator, sorry.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This reminds me of a story I heard many years ago when Jimmy Carter was in office.
Apparently Jimmy Carter got freaked out by a bright light that was following the aircraft he was in.
Turned out to be Venus.
edit on 17-10-2010 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This is the UNBELIEVABLE VIDEO from FOX News.Look at sec.30 - The Chick is speaking about an UFO and they show just Jupiter and moons:

edit on 17-10-2010 by cushycrux because: Embedded the Video

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
How is that video unbelievable? Both the tv media and the internet/print media often mismatch pictures, re-use pictures and show things that have nothing to do with the verbal content. Many, many examples of that so don't get surprised about it.

You see, the media doesn't have to do a good job covering this subject. They don't have to put the time in to make sure the carpet matches the drapes. And this is nothing related to some foolish ubber secret cover-up or anything. The stories they run are quick little blurbs and nothing else. They wont pay better quality attention until this subject sheds some of it's public laugh-ability factor.
edit on 17-10-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts because: spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

yeah that is low, they show footage of jupiter that has nothing to do with the original sightings. they are adding disinfo to it. the report was about 100's of 'u.f.o.'s that appeared then disappeared over time (balloons), but fox add that gem of jupiter in with it of their own backs.

why would they need to do that? to add ammo for debunkers just incase the original sighting could'nt be debunked?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Good thread. I also filmed Jupiter near when it was in its closest phase with a humble sony digital camcorder with 40X optical zoom. Kent UK Please click on link to watch in 480p and full screen to see moons more clearly.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Thats awesome!
I just found your video on youtube and added it to my 1st post at the same time you posted your video here: synchronicity?!

Thanks for posting it!

ps. why did you call it Planet X UFO?

edit on 17-10-2010 by cushycrux because: Added ps.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

thanks but i am pretty familiar with the northern hemisphere, don't need it, i'm not the sort to post planets as u.f.o's or planes or what ever, we get planes(airport close), lanterns(from the grave yard), i know what shooting stars look like, and meteors, i know what satellites look like, and i do not suspect anything that moves very slowly overtime(planets).

so i am unlikely to need it, and i won't be posting any dodgy u.f.o., if you think i need it because i thought the southern hemisphere was below the equator, i don't.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
I think it should be mandatory to download Stellarium when you join ATS.

I myself only downloaded it recently but I have to say it's just such a great program, and it's free. Personally I don't understand how you could confuse a planet with a space craft, but anyway that's just me.

Would help a lot on ATS

Get it for free here: www.stellarium.org...

Just to motivate you to download it:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
reply to post by tarifa37

Thats awesome!
I just found your video on youtube and added it to my 1st post at the same time you posted your video here: synchronicity?!

Thanks for posting it!;;ps

. why did you call it Planet X UFO?
editbyby]edit on 17-10-2010 cushycruxrux because: Added ps.

Because so many people are looking at jupiter and think they are seeing
ufo or planet X. This video and yours helps to put them straight.
( also brings in a few more views
).
edit on 17-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: because post went weird

edit on 17-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I just got a Driod X smartphone.... I downloaded "Google Sky Maps" a free application. It's one of the coolest tools man could own. I wish everyone had one.

This video doesn't do it justice but here it is:

You just point your phone and it shows what star/planet/etc. is there. Ive tested mine and it is way more accurate than I thought it would be. It's quite precise.

This program would have solved many UFO cases.
edit on 17-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

At least you can use your "smartphone" instead of your brain, I am not sure if that's a solution.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
How is that video unbelievable? Both the tv media and the internet/print media often mismatch pictures, re-use pictures and show things that have nothing to do with the verbal content. Many, many examples of that so don't get surprised about it.

You see, the media doesn't have to do a good job covering this subject. They don't have to put the time in to make sure the carpet matches the drapes. And this is nothing related to some foolish ubber secret cover-up or anything. The stories they run are quick little blurbs and nothing else. They wont pay better quality attention until this subject sheds some of it's public laugh-ability factor.
edit on 17-10-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts because: spelling

I know, It's just sad. And I think it's a part of the reasons why the populace gone gaga. Infotainment equals "Dumbing down"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join